The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 September 2020, 04:27 AM   #61
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Does anyone know the overall lug to lug span across the wrist?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:41 AM   #62
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post
Here is a photo with grid lines. I had to do some alignment. Both are aligned at the edge of the bottom bezel, and the edge at the crown guard; not perfect but it gives you a reference.

Newer model on the left

Looking at this on my phone so perhaps I am just not seeing it...but appears to be the same lug to lug? Also the total width at the lugs (including the lugs themselves and bracelet end link) appear the same as well, trading off some width on the actual lugs for wider bracelet? And even if different, wouldn’t appear to be much if at all. Perhaps the slimmer lugs alone combined with the wider bracelet gives a more cohesive look that appear slimmer, but doesn’t seem that it is actually slimmer
stateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:46 AM   #63
tike71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateman View Post
Looking at this on my phone so perhaps I am just not seeing it...but appears to be the same lug to lug? Also the total width at the lugs (including the lugs themselves and bracelet end link) appear the same as well, trading off some width on the actual lugs for wider bracelet? And even if different, wouldn’t appear to be much if at all. Perhaps the slimmer lugs alone combined with the wider bracelet gives a more cohesive look that appear slimmer, but doesn’t seem that it is actually slimmer
From top lug to bottom lug the new one is a bit shorter.
Unfortunately the focal angle of the watch on the right is slightly off center so it's hard to compare lateral-wise. While lugs appear slimmer they do look to be about the same width between both models.
tike71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:49 AM   #64
stateman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
From top lug to bottom lug the new one is a bit shorter.
Unfortunately the focal angle of the watch on the right is slightly off center so it's hard to compare lateral-wise. While lugs appear slimmer they do look to be about the same width between both models.

Thx. If the lug to lug is same or shorter, that would be great. Wrist slightly less than 7” so any closer to 50mm lug to lug gets dicey for me.
stateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:20 AM   #65
Breizh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abozz View Post
My opinion is that the SubC maxi case is BEAUTIFUL but it is not photogenic, all of us who had or have one know that on the wrist it is beautiful and does not look square or have horrible lugs, but in photos it always looked a bit ugly and in an era of social media, Instagram, etc. Rolex has made a watch that as soon as you start seeing photos of it on buyers' wrists it will look BEAUTIFUL
So true!

Never liked it on pictures until I tried it side by side with the much more photogenic 5 digit and much preferred the maxi case.
114060 was much better for my small wrist and had a stubby sporty look, which is what I wanted in a sub.
Still don't care for it in pictures but love it on my wrist.

I'll reserve my judgement on the 124060 until I can try it on, but a Sub being "more elegant" is not appealing to me.
Breizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 07:44 AM   #66
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
My opinion, after 33 years using Rolex, that this new Rolex aesthetic that began with the SD43 (slim lugs, slightly bigger cases, wider endlinks and bracelets), continued with the DSSD 126660 and now with this beautiful Sub 126610 it is the most perfect batch of divers that Rolex has made, it is a mixture of vintage with modern, it will be awesome on the wrist and in photos (social media is the future). Those three models will be a treasure, more beautiful than the current GMT that still preserve some of the previous aesthetic that caused controversy

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 08:06 AM   #67
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
My opinion, after 33 years using Rolex, that this new Rolex aesthetic that began with the SD43 (slim lugs, slightly bigger cases, wider endlinks and bracelets), continued with the DSSD 126660 and now with this beautiful Sub 126610 it is the most perfect batch of divers that Rolex has made, it is a mixture of vintage with modern, it will be awesome on the wrist and in photos (social media is the future). Those three models will be a treasure, more beautiful than the current GMT that still preserve some of the previous aesthetic that caused controversy

Guess someone changed his mind over just a couple of hours
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 12:26 PM   #68
TTalk
Banned

Quote:
Here is a photo with grid lines. I had to do some alignment. Both are aligned at the edge of the bottom bezel, and the edge at the crown guard; not perfect but it gives you a reference. Newer model on the left...
Downloaded, cropped, enlarged the grid picture and did point-to-point pixel counts, I'll be off by ~one pixel per point I'd say. Only shows relative differences, but fwiw...

Lug width, outside across top of the watches
269-890=621 (126)
1420-2064=644 (116)

Tick marks across (outside of 9 tick to outside of 3 tick)
249-890=641 (126)
1431-2064=633 (116)

Lug-to-lug span, left sides measuring to longest point (up against the bracelet)
135-1268=1133 (126)
136-1268=1132 (116)

Somewhat surprising numbers to me, very close overall. Wrist span looks to be equal. To my eye it looks bigger on wrist comparisons I've seen than it measured from the gridded image. Makes me wonder how much thicker it is, back to crystal?

I put a perfectly horizontal line across the image to show the difference in bezel inside diameter but I don't have enough posts to post (or quote-post) an image yet. Basically, from the very bottom edge of the 126 bezel across to the 116 the line crosses the 116 right at the bottom point of the white triangle surrounding the pearl... so a very small difference.
TTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2020, 11:16 AM   #69
PepsiMan
"TRF" Member

Props to anyone who can tell the difference from 10 feet let alone across the room. Maybe people have mentioned it on other threads but I think part of this slight design change is to give the counterfeiters a temporary setback. Virtually nothing from the earlier watch is the same.
PepsiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2020, 11:41 AM   #70
El Cascarrabias
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB
All three hands are longer, also.

You really need to be, not seem to be.

El Cascarrabias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2020, 11:48 AM   #71
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
Does anyone know the overall lug to lug span across the wrist?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Measure from the fixed mid links.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 11:44 AM   #72
Ivahnn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Hi guys, I own the 114060 no date and from all videos I’ve watched on the new 124060 it looks chunkier due to the wider bracelet and measurements overall. They’ve shaved the lugs, sure but it looks like it will wear larger on the wrist and especially for a smaller wrist wearer. For a large wrist the new model could work.

I believe Rolex has done this as a tactical move to push potential purchasers onto different models of their range. I say this because since the release I’m finding myself look into other potential models I didn’t previously consider.

Check out the latest video on YouTube from WatchAdvisor, he wears the latest reference on his wrist in a few different combinations. I can’t post a link yet as I’m a new member but worth checking out as recently posted.

Let me know your thoughts.
Ivahnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 02:08 AM   #73
Rolexfanmiami
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 116610 LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasChCh View Post
Same here. I have a 114060, and have really grown to love it. For me, it's perfectly sized and if anything I find the thicker lugs give the watch a tougher, more tool-esque look, which I find appealing in a sports watch. I would pick the 124060 only because it's the latest-and-greatest and I am frustratingly vulnerable to wanting that.

Not to mention that the 'old' 3130 movement has been superior in time keeping to any other watch I own or have ever owned (including the 3235 movement in my DSSD). Currently it's 10 seconds fast.....since the end of June!!!!!
Me too, love my 114060 and how it wears, would not sell it or trade it for any watch
Rolexfanmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2023, 06:02 PM   #74
area100
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivahnn View Post

I believe Rolex has done this as a tactical move to push potential purchasers onto different models of their range. I say this because since the release I’m finding myself look into other potential models I didn’t previously consider.

Let me know your thoughts.
My thoughts are, that is by far the most ridiculous suggestion that I have read, ever, anywhere.
area100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 01:59 AM   #75
jtorrebl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
40 and 41 ceramic subs have the exact same lug to lug length. It's all over youtube in comparison videos.
jtorrebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 02:14 AM   #76
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Back from the dead!
Old 11 March 2023, 02:17 AM   #77
atxwatch
"TRF" Member

With my 7" wrist, the 114060 is the perfect watch. Slimmer bracelet and slightly smaller case. Oh...and it has a 31xx movement, which means my 7-year-old sub still runs like a champ...unlike many if not most of the 32xx movements that have been showing up with the "bug".
atxwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 02:32 AM   #78
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Had both, the 124060 is superior in every way.
Old 11 March 2023, 02:35 AM   #79
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
i prefer the maxi case of the 114060
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 02:36 AM   #80
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
Had both, the 124060 is superior in every way.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 02:38 AM   #81
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
i prefer the maxi case of the 114060
Old 11 March 2023, 03:22 AM   #82
KdPg
Banned

Quote:
My opinion is that the SubC maxi case is BEAUTIFUL but it is not photogenic, all of us who had or have one know that on the wrist it is beautiful and does not look square or have horrible lugs, but in photos it always looked a bit ugly and in an era of social media, Instagram, etc. Rolex has made a watch that as soon as you start seeing photos of it on buyers' wrists it will look BEAUTIFUL

I agree
KdPg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 03:35 AM   #83
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

114060 - slightly smaller dial and bezel, narrower bracelet, smaller clasp

124060 - thinner lugs and AR

All things considered I prefer my 114. I like the look of the slightly "scrunched" dial and prefer the smaller bracelet/clasp. However we're really splitting hairs here.

Oh and I also like that when I bought my 114 the MSRP was $7500. ;)
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2023, 03:44 AM   #84
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Many people are not very adept at taking photos with their phones. If you’ve got the latest iPhone, shoot in raw and move the camera further away until portrait mode automatically turns off. Then shoot in 2x zoom.

mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
114060 , 124060 , size , submariner