The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 November 2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Snoogle
"TRF" Member

Hi All

Some advice/opinions would be appreciated

I bought a 116503 (Daytona Bi Metal Black face) which at the time was my Grail watch...problem is I have never really fell in love with it ☹️

I have since bought a Pepsi that I love and also even wear my Breitling Bentley a lot more than I do the Daytona

Question is, I have my name on a 116500 Which is white face, Steel, of course, will this wear any bigger than the black face Bi metal in your opinions?

The Pepsi seems to wear a lot bigger and obviously the Breitling does, but the Daytona feels tiny! I have 7” wrists. I’m really hoping it’s because my Bi metal is black face that it just “seems small”

Interested to know the opinions of those that may have either or both

Thanks
Snoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Simon_jrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: whichever I wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogle View Post
Hi All

I bought a 116503 (Daytona Bi Metal Black face) which at the time was my Grail watch...problem is I have never really fell in love with it ☹️

I have since bought a Pepsi that I love and also even wear my Breitling Bentley a lot more than I do the Daytona

Question is, I have my name on a 116500 Which is white face, Steel, of course, will this wear any bigger than the black face Bi metal in your opinions?

The Pepsi seems to wear a lot bigger and obviously the Breitling does, but the Daytona feels tiny! I have 7” wrists. I’m really hoping it’s because my Bi metal is black face that it just “seems small”

Thanks
I have the 116523 black dial and I find that it wears and looks average size, not too small and not too big for me. I don't see the white dial SS wearing any differently other than in your mind to the Rolesor as they're going to be the same in dimensions, perhaps it feels slightly smaller after wearing larger watches as I find after wearing one of my Subs.

Submariner 114060/ Submariner 116613LB/ Daytona 116523/ Omega Seamaster/ Omega De Ville
Simon_jrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 10:43 PM   #3
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The Daytona is 38.5 mm and wears as such. I have a 7.5-7.75 inch wrist and own two PM Daytona's and they wear as they are. Years ago I got into the larger watches and would not hear of anything smaller but times and tastes change. I have learned that there is room in my collection for watches of all sizes and when I transition from one to the other I just need to give it a little wrist time and I adjust visually. I found the white dial SS Daytona-C to appear smaller than the black dial for me. I would focus on the TT aspect of the watch as opposed to the dial color when determining how it looks. I think TT can be the culprit with regards to appearance with size. Get the SS Daytona-C, it is a great watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 11:03 PM   #4
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Daytona is a tad under 39mm, so it wears smaller for sure
I have the white and black dials 500 snd the white wears a little bigger on my 7.6” wrist

For a 7” wrist you should be fine with both
When you get the call, go try it and see for yourself
Old 28 November 2020, 11:09 PM   #5
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 11:13 PM   #6
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogle View Post
Hi All

Thanks
Why would a 116500 be any bigger than a 116503?! It’s the same model with different colors. As far as how it “wears” , honestly, that simply is a figment of ones imagination. It won’t contract or swell on your wrist.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 11:30 PM   #7
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
I have a YG Daytona and a 116500. I have a 7 inch wrist, both watches look great on my wrist and I’ve never had a thought of big or small so no idea there but both are extremely comfortable to wear.
Old 29 November 2020, 12:22 AM   #8
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I'm kinda lost on the buying a grail but never really falling in love part. Sorry.

To answer your question, they all wear pretty much the same. And I've had them all.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 03:10 AM   #9
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

I think it could in theory, depending on your skin tone. The gold bezel on the 116503 might blend in with your skin color, and make it as though you're only seeing the dial, wheres the 116500 would create a clear separation.

Once I get out of my head and back to reality though, they probably both wear the same.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 03:26 AM   #10
Snoogle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
Why would a 116500 be any bigger than a 116503?! It’s the same model with different colors. As far as how it “wears” , honestly, that simply is a figment of ones imagination. It won’t contract or swell on your wrist.
It may wear bigger as black Can give the illusion of making things smaller..common knowledge with black clothing having a “slimming effect” so wondered if that’s why I have never “bonded” with my black face Daytona

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully as a few have said the white face may seem to wear a bit bigger ...will give it a try when the call comes!
Old 29 November 2020, 03:27 AM   #11
Snoogle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
I'm kinda lost on the buying a grail but never really falling in love part. Sorry.

To answer your question, they all wear pretty much the same. And I've had them all.
I bought it from images on screen and then when it arrived I was underwhelmed as it seemed small

Tags
advice sought , opinions