The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 June 2018, 07:23 AM   #1
AdamJCh
"TRF" Member

Waiting list for sub no date 114060 UK

Hi all

I have just paid a deposit to join the waiting list at my local AD for the above watch. Been told the wait will likely be over 12 months as they only get one in every 3 months.

Anyone had any recent experience of the wait? How long as it etc.

Also do people think I've made the right decision and the wait will be worth it? I have wanted one for a while.

Thanks
AdamJCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:25 AM   #2
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Yes, it is worth it. Be patient.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:42 AM   #3
turnleftgofast
"TRF" Member

Waiting list for sub no date 114060 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJCh View Post
Hi all

I have just paid a deposit to join the waiting list at my local AD for the above watch. Been told the wait will likely be over 12 months as they only get one in every 3 months.

Also do people think I've made the right decision and the wait will be worth it? I have wanted one for a while.

Thanks

Heck - putting a deposit down! Seems a bit extreme. Would understand if it was a Daytona C or something. Don’t get me wrong - it will be worth it and I love the watch to bits, but I’d personally shy away from leaving a deposit. Thought ADs were reducing this practice on SS models. If I might ask, which AD, or what region of the UK?

I put my name down in April and had the watch by late May, in fact from a dealer I had no relationship with. Was quoted 3 years wait for one by another AD today, so it must vary significantly across the country.
turnleftgofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:58 AM   #4
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Try contacting more than 1 AD to get on multiple lists - but definitely do not put any more deposits down!

You should get one quicker than a year - a few months max.

Good luck

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:55 AM   #5
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
If it were me, no way would I put a deposit down on a Sub if it's going to take over 12 months to get. Like Max recommended, I'd contact a few other ADs in the area to see about a shorter wait time. If not, you can always go with one of the trusted sellers and have it in a few days.
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:57 AM   #6
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
Quote:
Hi all

Thanks
Never heard of paying a deposit in an AD here mate. Imagine if they were to take a deposit off 15 people on the waiting list. Wouldn't be legal.
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 04:28 PM   #7
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I’d be out and about with your credit card. Visit as many ADs in person as you can.
Tell them you want one ASAP if they can help you. Chat to them, be friendly and work relationships. You’ll get one quicker than 12 months this if you put in the work.

Good luck
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 04:55 PM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Try contacting more than 1 AD to get on multiple lists - but definitely do not put any more deposits down!

You should get one quicker than a year - a few months max.

Good luck

Got to be careful with what AD's you do this with. Aurum Group (WoS, M&W, and Goldsmiths) is around 50% of the UK market and they check within the group to make sure you are not on more than one list, and if you are they remove you from all lists. They should tell you this when filling out the expression of interest form though.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 05:04 PM   #9
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkalicious View Post
Never heard of paying a deposit in an AD here mate. Imagine if they were to take a deposit off 15 people on the waiting list. Wouldn't be legal.
Why isn't it legal?

If that's the shops terms & conditions or policy to get on their list, then it's up to the individual whether to accept & pay or turn around and walk.

Personally, I'd walk, but it's not illegal.

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 06:47 PM   #10
AdamJCh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnleftgofast View Post
Heck - putting a deposit down! Seems a bit extreme. Would understand if it was a Daytona C or something. Don’t get me wrong - it will be worth it and I love the watch to bits, but I’d personally shy away from leaving a deposit. Thought ADs were reducing this practice on SS models. If I might ask, which AD, or what region of the UK?

I put my name down in April and had the watch by late May, in fact from a dealer I had no relationship with. Was quoted 3 years wait for one by another AD today, so it must vary significantly across the country.

I'm in east Anglia. Apparently they only put a maximum of 10 on the list with one watch coming in every quarter or so.

The deposit is just to secure my place and fully refundable.

I mean if I try the watch on and it's just not me I will want my cash back.

The AD did seem rather odd, almost like they were doing me a favour and that they didn't really want to sell me the watch.

Hopefully the over 12 months is them being over cautious.
Old 17 June 2018, 06:49 PM   #11
AdamJCh
"TRF" Member

The other thing is they may put me on the list but I'm sure they will miss me out if they have a favoured customer futher down the list.

We shall wait and see.

Thanks for your thoughts
Old 17 June 2018, 06:50 PM   #12
zeeww
"TRF" Member

A bit of bad practice (IMO) if they take deposits from all 10 on the list....

If I put a deposit down I’d like some assurance that I’m getting the call on the next one (or two) they receive.

That said, they may have been inundated with all sorts of enquiries and this may be their way of weeding out timewasters/flippers?
zeeww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:20 PM   #13
turnleftgofast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm in east Anglia. Apparently they only put a maximum of 10 on the list with one watch coming in every quarter or so.

The AD did seem rather odd, almost like they were doing me a favour and that they didn't really want to sell me the watch.

Glad to hear it’s refundable. The reason why most ADs are cutting back on this (and why some suggested it’s immoral/illegal) is because the ADs don’t actually know their allocations from Rolex in advance, so they are effectively taking deposits for products they don’t know if they’ll ever stock.

Good advice from other posters. If you’re not in a rush, then just wait it out. But you may want to call other dealers nearby - Cambs, Peterborough, Chelmsford, Milton Keynes etc. or popping in if you’re ever out that way - being careful about the Aurum dealers.

Unfortunately ADs are loathe to serve customers who only want SS models - it’s the way of the times and your experience unfortunately isn’t unique. not quite the luxury retail experience you want. 12 months was likely a bit of caution and a bit of a deterrent, but is probably directionally correct.
Old 17 June 2018, 07:32 PM   #14
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

I think a year wait is long for that model which can be bought off the shelf in some AD's if you are lucky and hunt around.. or is this model not a common sight in the window nowadays?
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:35 PM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Hi all

Thanks
Cannot understand why the 114060 has a waiting list anywhere its a watch made in the thousands just like most all other modern day Rolex.With all these so called waiting lists I sometimes wonder if Rolex does make around 800000 watches a year.So do most of all of today's Rolex watches end up on the grey market, where there seems to be hundreds, possible thousands of them for sale all models.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 07:42 PM   #16
tufty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ II, Exp II
Quote:

Where in east anglia are you? not that many AD's really, and had different experiences with a few of them.
tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:05 PM   #17
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufty View Post
Where in east anglia are you? not that many AD's really, and had different experiences with a few of them.

I cannot believe people almost degrade themselves, asking retailers to take their own money???!!! (:

It is just a watch, folks, and no matter how well made, it is still just a piece of jewellery. Rolex should fight for you, the customer, instead of the other way round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:14 PM   #18
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belutak View Post

Rolex should fight for you, the customer, instead of the other way round!
You would think so, afterall that is how a business would work. But once you understand Rolex is not a normal business.. Rolex gives all profits to charity, they are all about preserving the brand rather than making money for shareholders .. so Rolex know fine well they could make and sell 5000 BLRO's on a launch day but that would not do the brand any good would it? No, they make a watch and decide to limit supply not because they think it will make money but because it creates exclusivity for the brand... and gets us all talking about it too! Ingenious?
Old 17 June 2018, 08:21 PM   #19
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
You would think so, afterall that is how a business would work. But once you understand Rolex is not a normal business.. Rolex gives all profits to charity, they are all about preserving the brand rather than making money for shareholders

But it is our rather dumb choice to support their business model by even spending our time on forums and debating it in the first place :)

Instead if turning our back and looking for nice jewellery elsewhere :)

The problem is 99% of folks on TRF see “investment“ instead of what watches really are ... (:

belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:23 PM   #20
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
You would think so, afterall that is how a business would work. But once you understand Rolex is not a normal business.. Rolex gives all profits to charity, they are all about preserving the brand rather than making money for shareholders .. so Rolex know fine well they could make and sell 5000 BLRO's on a launch day but that would not do the brand any good would it? No, they make a watch and decide to limit supply not because they think it will make money but because it creates exclusivity for the brand... and gets us all talking about it too! Ingenious?
They give a percentage to charity without profit no manufacturer could survive.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:25 PM   #21
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Cannot understand why the 114060 has a waiting list anywhere its a watch made in the thousands just like most all other modern day Rolex.With all these so called waiting lists I sometimes wonder if Rolex does make around 800000 watches a year.So do most of all of today's Rolex watches end up on the grey market, where there seems to be hundreds, possible thousands of them for sale all models.
Quite simply because particularly in the UK demand far outweighs supply. There are even waiting lists to get onto waiting lists. I kid you not.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 08:50 PM   #22
turnleftgofast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think a year wait is long for that model which can be bought off the shelf in some AD's if you are lucky and hunt around.. or is this model not a common sight in the window nowadays?

Very unlikely to find one in a window in the UK
Old 17 June 2018, 08:53 PM   #23
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

That was usually a model that could be found in every display.. next you'll be telling me there are no Explorer II either..
Old 17 June 2018, 08:55 PM   #24
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
Got to be careful with what AD's you do this with. Aurum Group (WoS, M&W, and Goldsmiths) is around 50% of the UK market and they check within the group to make sure you are not on more than one list, and if you are they remove you from all lists. They should tell you this when filling out the expression of interest form though.
Yes, beware of an Aurum branch, go to just one.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 09:06 PM   #25
Spartacus-1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN, 11CHNR
Much better to visit the ADs in person and def worth the wait, albeit I got my Sub date a month ago after only 3 weeks wait on the list, from AD in the Midlands. I did have to prove I used to live locally, but I had no previous with them. Ive since popped in and been told I was very lucky, as they are now receiving numerous calls a day for my model and the list has closed. Good luck.
Spartacus-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 09:06 PM   #26
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by belutak View Post
But it is our rather dumb choice to support their business model by even spending our time on forums and debating it in the first place :)

Instead if turning our back and looking for nice jewellery elsewhere :)

The problem is 99% of folks on TRF see “investment“ instead of what watches really are ... (:

Not on TRF we are the ones who were here before the hype and aren't interested in only flipping, it's the 99% off this forum that are.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 11:11 PM   #27
AdamJCh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
Quite simply because particularly in the UK demand far outweighs supply. There are even waiting lists to get onto waiting lists. I kid you not.

This is correct. I was on the waiting list to join the waiting list.

I'm not too concerned with the deposit, it makes sure only people serious about buying are on the list.

Although some of the comments have put me off a bit.
Old 17 June 2018, 11:15 PM   #28
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It's a great watch I hope it arrives sooner than you expect.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2018, 11:34 PM   #29
AdamJCh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
It's a great watch I hope it arrives sooner than you expect.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Looks great. Glad you love it
Old 17 June 2018, 11:48 PM   #30
brmott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SubC
I was at the AD last week here in Tulsa and they have a SubC for sale
brmott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
114060 , scarcity