The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11 July 2018, 04:58 AM   #31
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Personally, unless the watch was handed down to me by a loved one, I wouldn’t want it back.

A memorial of a very unpleasant event in my life, staring me in the face 20 times a day, every time I glance at my wrist? Or insurance money so I can start afresh?

Only one answer for me.
Old 11 July 2018, 05:09 AM   #32
fdm79
"TRF" Member

On January 27th 2017, at gunpoint, I had my 116610 LV robbed at a stop sign when driving my car with my wife. I am 99% positive that I was "signalized" in a Restaurant because the thief apparently followed me with a motorcycle and didn't ask for anything else as cell phones. wallets, my wife's purse or diamond ring... He came straight for the watch and disappeared right after.

Of course I filled out an online form reporting the theft to the police and sent it to Rolex along with the S/N as well. I was informed by Rolex Brasil that there was once in my city, a person who recovered his stolen Rolex in a similar situation, 7 YEARS after the theft report (found at a RSC in another country.) !!!!

Sorry to say but I believe that the huge majority of gangs and people specialized in stealing Rolex already know the whole procedure of what to do or not after stealing them.

Needless to say that right after having my Sub stolen, I had no hope to see it again in the near future so 2 days after, I bought myself a new Hulk !
Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
Old 11 July 2018, 05:23 AM   #33
0alpha
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdm79 View Post
On January 27th 2017, at gunpoint, I had my 116610 LV robbed at a stop sign when driving my car with my wife. I am 99% positive that I was "signalized" in a Restaurant because the thief apparently followed me with a motorcycle and didn't ask for anything else as cell phones. wallets, my wife's purse or diamond ring... He came straight for the watch and disappeared right after.

Of course I filled out an online form reporting the theft to the police and sent it to Rolex along with the S/N as well. I was informed by Rolex Brasil that there was once in my city, a person who recovered his Rolex in a similar situation after 7 YEARS having it stolen (reported at a RSC in another country.) !!!!

Sorry to say but I believe that the huge majority of gangs and people specialized in stealing Rolex already know the whole procedure of what to do or not after stealing them.

Needless to say that right after having my Sub stolen, I had no hope to see it again in the near future so 2 days after, I bought myself a new Hulk !
Brazil.
Old 11 July 2018, 05:28 AM   #34
fdm79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0alpha View Post
Brazil.
Although you are correct, I'm wondering that you have no crimes whatsoever, whatever place you live, right ? ...

I'm trying to give the OP some advice and share my experience, regardless the theft rates in different countries and having some "smart" observations from TRF newbies...
Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLRO - Rolex Submariner 116610 LV - Breitling Navitimer 01 Pan-American Bronze Limited Edition AB0121C4/Q605-447A - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 3861 (Sapphire) 310.30.42.50.01.002 - Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 41mm Ceramic (Blue) 212.30.41.20.03.001
Old 11 July 2018, 06:02 AM   #35
bd307
"TRF" Member

You want help from us, but not providing enough detail???
Old 11 July 2018, 02:34 PM   #36
cvera
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Of course I filled out an online form reporting the theft to the police and sent it to Rolex along with the S/N as well. I was informed by Rolex Brasil that there was once in my city, a person who recovered his stolen Rolex in a similar situation, 7 YEARS after the theft report (found at a RSC in another country.) !!!!

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the detailed information though. Sucks that you can just be eating and an hour later get robbed for just a watch.
Old 11 July 2018, 03:26 PM   #37
hdrazor251
"TRF" Member

Watch: is recovered!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
bump

I believe that is the case but what i would like to know is, if found would I be able to return the money given to me by the insurance and get the watch back?
Maybe. In my case I recovered mine myself from ebay. It took almost 2 months to get my insurance company to accept my money and contact Rolex to remove the "stolen" status.

If it was recovered by a third party such as Rolex, I doubt you would ever be notified since your insurance company is now the "owner" since they paid your claim.
Old 11 July 2018, 03:45 PM   #38
hai.tranhr
"TRF" Member

Contact as many as possible to greymarket shop. Hope your Sub can be back soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 July 2018, 04:01 PM   #39
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
Quote:

I do apologize if my question seems inappropriate, but only for the benefit of learning to avoid such circumstances.
How did the perpetrator grabbed your watch when you are inside the car in the middle of stop light, did they point a gun leaving you petrified and unable to hit that gas pedal.

To the OP hope you can recover your watch.
Old 11 July 2018, 04:48 PM   #40
~Haze~
"TRF" Member

My house was broken into and robbed while I was on vacation one year and they made off with with a few of my watches, much of my wife’s at-the-time jewelry, too. It was bizarre and frustrating. The things they stole versus the things they left behind was weird too. They took some inexpensive items while leaving other, more expensive items (even literally moving some more expensive items to get to the less valuable items).

I had 2 very big, very well trained, very territorial German Shepherd Dogs at the time, too. But it was my birthday and it was a nice night. They generally had access in and out of the house through a doggy door but for some reason, I put them in the yard and left them out there. If the dogs were there, I never would have been robbed. It makes you wonder how many times the dogs save your life or property yet you never know it.

You reported it stolen, so any pawn shop will have to check it against stolen property so there is a chance you can get it back. Although, I must admit, it’s not likely (statistically speaking).

I told myself that I was going to use the insurance money to replace what was stolen. Exactly. But I didn’t and I don’t want to say I regret that. I wish I used it as a chance to purchase a different watch or watches. So that is something to think about. Once you get the insurance money, don’t go buy a replacement out of spite or anger or frustration. Think about what you really want. You might have a chance to make a wiser purchase.

Much of the other things they took were stupid items or trinkets. The one thing that really upset me as much as my watches was a 5 gallon jug about 65% filled. It was all quarters (no dimes, no nickels, no pennies), with a bunch of $1, 5, 10, & 20 dollar bills in it. I made a habit to throw one paper bill in it a day. A few $50s too. There must have been a few grand in there (easily). Of course insurance only covered like $300 in cash losses. But more than the cash loss, it was so frustrating because I had been working on that jug-o-money since High School and after 12 years, I had nothing to show for it.

It’s so frustrating and so violating at the same time. I don’t know if your watch was stolen during a break in, but I hope and wish for the best in whatever happens.

Good luck.
Old 11 July 2018, 05:00 PM   #41
~Haze~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokleyland View Post
I do apologize if my question seems inappropriate, but only for the benefit of learning to avoid such circumstances.
How did the perpetrator grabbed your watch when you are inside the car in the middle of stop light, did they point a gun leaving you petrified and unable to hit that gas pedal.

To the OP hope you can recover your watch.
I am not the person who was targeted and don’t know if there were guns, but the op did mention he felt targeted, followed, in a foreign country. Those are things I wouldn’t mess with.

Not to mention, he was with his wife. There were other things they could have taken (diamonds and god knows what else). The possibility of there being more of them, of them having guns, of them shoooting or hurting him or his wife, seems like a no brainer.

Why risk harm to your life and the life of your loved ones over a watch that was fully insured?
Closed Thread

Tags
advice sought , theft