The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 31 January 2020, 09:13 PM   #91
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

At least we are able to discuss this openly here without being censored.

It baffles me that someone that reviews watches, one would think they would easily spot a fake. He wasn’t able to spot a fake that he’s be holding on too? The fake with the fake box, green card etc? It does not make any sense at all.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:13 PM   #92
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby_jai View Post
i dont believe this is a mistake. i believe this is outright fraud. the dickhead is soon to be before the courts on other matters
Yes, lets hope this guy is brought to Justice.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:14 PM   #93
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolzilla View Post
At least we are able to discuss this openly here without being censored.

It baffles me that someone that reviews watches, one would think they would easily spot a fake. He wasn’t able to spot a fake that he’s be holding on too? The fake with the fake box, green card etc? It does not make any sense at all.
Exactly, he's just a professional scammer. Very good with twisting words around.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:15 PM   #94
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzm40 View Post
Do you have any movement pictures?
Watch was so fake, didn't bother opening it up.

But it did tick 8 beats per second, i thought that was pretty impressive.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:17 PM   #95
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaxax View Post
What a bunch of nonsense, so he knowingly lost a Daytona in shipment and sent ANOTHER Daytona to the buyer?
Sounds like alot of B.S
What a joke to be honest.

If I sent a watch and it was lost, I’d be losing my sh*t, he didn’t show much loss to be honest. And that’s because there probably wasn’t a watch to be lost to begin with.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:17 PM   #96
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
sorry dude im not buying this bullshit story at all... pulled a daytona from your private collection with the intention of keeping it ???? Get off it mate. so if its your private collection and you purchased it then it throws your whole credibility into the shade if you cant spot a fake and you make videos about it ??? what a crock... you want us to believe you a watch expert handed over 20k+ for a fake watch without doing due dilligence ???? lols.. not buying it

i have it on good authority from sources you have a lot of unethical dealings with other buyers and pulling the same stunt and that you use the buyers money to try and fund your business and you're essentially pulling a pyramid scheme.. i also have it on good authority you are about to be put before the courts i wont say for what... but hearing all this shit about you just screams bullshit.

you have provided no evidence none what so ever to backup your claims the watch was lost in transit stolen.... how about a case number communication with the shipping company ???? if it was lost by the shipping company then insurance would pay it out. why wait 2.5 months to send "another" lols... why not just get insurance money back and pay back the buyer ?? lols

you just talk out your arse. the other person have provided reams of evidence to back up their claims and you have provided diddly

I challenge you to provide proof of claim for lost watch with the shipping company you shipped with. Bet you cant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaxax View Post
What a bunch of nonsense, so he knowingly lost a Daytona in shipment and sent ANOTHER Daytona to the buyer?
Sounds like alot of B.S
Quote:
i dont believe this is a mistake. i believe this is outright fraud. the dickhead is soon to be before the courts on other matters
Could not agree more. This was no mistake. There is others that claimed the same happened to them. Only a matter of time before they all come out of the wood work.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:18 PM   #97
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcoffeem View Post
Just read through the whatapp chat. That is crazy, all those excuses makes it definitely feel like a scammer. The ease in which he makes excuses... it definitely does not sound like the first time he has done this. Even his latest comments about "stepping away as admin" ... he must be a professional at politics...

Initially I was neutral... but now I am pretty sure he knew it was fake.

It does not make sense why he would hold on to the same model of the watch all through those months without sending it to you. Glad you got your money back.

I do remember the Zenith incident where the screws were replaced with not OEM screws. Two incidents from the same seller.
Please elaborate on what happened with this Zenith incident.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:28 PM   #98
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16803
Quote:
Just saw this post on that Australian buys sell group. A lot of key information was left out. And unfortunately, it just an announcement with comments being disabled.

Hi,

As some of you may be aware, I recently had a few issues with a lost shipment to a buyer.

From that moment I worked through sorting another for the person, which unfortunately took a lot longer than anticipated.

Coming to the end of the road with the buyer and after a long list of delays, I decided to hand over one of my pieces that I had for some time, a piece that I planned to keep long term.

After shipping the watch, the persons friend (buyer wasn’t in Australia at the time) received it. Not long after receiving the watch, the buyers friend noted that there were some issues with the watch. The buyer contacted me and then questioned its authenticity.

Although I was surprised, to save any further delay for the buyer, we worked through an agreement for the watch and funds to be returned. Upon the arrival of the watch back to me, I issued the funds back to the buyer. I would not issue a full refund until the watch was back with me.

I have inspected the watch that the buyer returned and it is a fake.

I feel sick, stupid, upset, and frustrated that I’ve potentially passed on a fake watch to a buyer. As most of you are aware I am trying to grow HH, I would not intentionally jeopardise that.

As a result I will be stepping away as Admin after building this group for over 3 years and working through.

I do apologise to anyone let down by this.

Chris
What a lot of rubbish. The youtube clips he posted on how to avoid fakes is the smoking gun here. He owned this fake for how long? Never noticed it was a fake? c'mon! Anyone who has bought watches from Chris needs to get them authenticated, asap.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:28 PM   #99
nzcoffeem
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
Please elaborate on what happened with this Zenith incident.
I remember reading someone's post. As usual, the post gets taken down or comments turned off.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:31 PM   #100
Tritto
"TRF" Member

$5 to the man who can find the fake in his previous youtube videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 January 2020, 09:31 PM   #101
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I remember reading someone's post. As usual, the post gets taken down or comments turned off.
Yeh that happens quite quickly in the Facebook group. I do recall that incident as well.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:33 PM   #102
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yeh that happens quite quickly in the Facebook group. I do recall that incident as well.
Just wow, guilty as F@#$

And it's been very hard to out this guy cause his the Admin on there.

THANK YOU The Rolex Forum for giving us a voice.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:35 PM   #103
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oysterquartz17000 View Post
What a lot of rubbish. The youtube clips he posted on how to avoid fakes is the smoking gun here. He owned this fake for how long? Never noticed it was a fake? c'mon! Anyone who has bought watches from Chris needs to get them authenticated, asap.
100%. I bet there's plenty out there. I feel for you all, and hope you speak up and take action against this criminal.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:36 PM   #104
oysterquartz17000
Banned

This is great. I had a massive go at this guy on facebook the other night and then I find this thread.

Best.End.To.A.Week.Ever.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:37 PM   #105
Brisman
"TRF" Member

AWF Admin.

On behalf of AWF I just wanted to respond to a couple of the posts on here.

Horology House (Chris) was not a founder of AWF and is not an Admin on our page. He was, however, part of our moderation team.

When this issue came to light this afternoon, we decided to lock the threads to give Chris the opportunity to respond. We are now opening it up again for people to post. In saying that, we are going to limit the number of posts so the page is not flooded with multiple posts on this subject.

For anyone that was removed or blocked by an over zealous moderator, I apologize, you should now be unblocked. Please rejoin the page and post. Any issues please contact myself to rejoin.

Chris has now stepped down from the sales page AWBSS and is no longer part of the AWF moderation team.

The AWF team are very disappointed in what has transpired and I would like to reiterate it is not our intention to block or remove threads such as this but only to provide a fair opportunity for someone to respond to such accusations. AWF is an open community and will remain so. The opportunity to respond was given and now action has been taken by the AWF team.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.

Donald
Old 31 January 2020, 09:40 PM   #106
robby_jai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
AWF Admin.

Horology House (Chris) was not a founder of AWF and is not an Admin on our page. He was, however, part of our moderation team.

When this issue came to light this afternoon, we decided to lock the threads to give Chris the opportunity to respond. We are now opening it up again for people to post. In saying that, we are going to limit the number of posts so the page is not flooded with multiple posts on this subject.

For anyone that was removed or blocked by an over zealous moderator, I apologize, you should now be unblocked. Please rejoin the page and post. Any issues please contact myself to rejoin.

Chris has now stepped down from the sales page AWBSS and is no longer part of the AWF moderation team.

The AWF team are very disappointed in what has transpired and I would like to reiterate it is not our intention to block or remove threads such as this but only to provide a fair opportunity for someone to respond to such accusations. AWF is an open community and will remain so. The opportunity to respond was given and now action has been taken by the AWF team.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.

Donald

Lols he was an Admin the last time i check... now i noticed he has been removed lols
Old 31 January 2020, 09:43 PM   #107
Brisman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lols he was an Admin the last time i check... now i noticed he has been removed lols

Never was and never has been an Admin on AWF, he has been a moderator.

He is Admin on AWBSS......
Old 31 January 2020, 09:43 PM   #108
robby_jai
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Donald
one needs to understand the serious ramifications of an moderator/admin person using such medium to sell dubious product brings the facebook group into disrepute and further more erodes the trust buyers and sellers have in this trading forums/mediums...
Old 31 January 2020, 09:46 PM   #109
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AWF Admin.

Donald
Thanks mate, we appreciate it. We just want everyone to know what this guy has been up to. I don't want a single other person getting scammed by this clown.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:49 PM   #110
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Quote:
AWF Admin.

Donald
Thanks Donald. I have harboured serious doubts regarding Chris for over two years. So this evenings turn of events is not a surprise at all.
Old 31 January 2020, 09:55 PM   #111
Brisman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
one needs to understand the serious ramifications of an moderator/admin person using such medium to sell dubious product brings the facebook group into disrepute and further more erodes the trust buyers and sellers have in this trading forums/mediums...

Yes, I totally agree with you on this and I understand how seriousness it is and the ramifications it may have on AWF. To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement.

Just to clarify for the members...

AWBSS..Australian Watch Buy Swap Sell and AWF...Australian Watch Forum are two different pages. Most of the Admin/Moderators are different on these pages, there were only two that were in both.

Although loosely tied to AWBSS they were managed separately, Chris being the Admin on AWBSS and myself one of three Admins on AWF..

Donald
Old 31 January 2020, 09:58 PM   #112
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I totally agree with you on this and I understand how seriousness it is and the ramifications it may have on AWF. To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement.

Just to clarify for the members...

AWBSS..Australian Watch Buy Swap Sell and AWF...Australian Watch Forum are two different pages. Most of the Admin/Moderators are different on these pages, there were only two that were in both.

Although loosely tied to AWBSS they were managed separately, Chris being the Admin on AWBSS and myself one of three Admins on AWF..

Donald
Got it. AWBSS is the sketchy FB sales group run by crooks. AWF is not.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:07 PM   #113
justcallmeboss
"TRF" Member

Disappointed but not surprised. This guy ALWAYS seemed a bit off to me, he was a control freak on AWBSS, couldn’t handle any criticism/feedback whatsoever and his YouTube page is a rip off of Watchfinder. I hope justice prevails.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:07 PM   #114
Lol-x
Facilitator

This isn't an announcement page for other web discussion sites.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 31 January 2020, 10:10 PM   #115
hotchicken
"TRF" Member

Thanks for posting this and uploading the full WhatsApp chat transcript for full transparency, for anyone in doubt just read it.
There is no excuse for this.
And thank you for not keeping quiet.

You hint that people have PM'd you and are in similar situation but don't want to say anything in public as they are still chasing their refunds. Really hope not too many people are caught in this mess and get the refunds but probably unlikely given how long he took to refund your mate...
Old 31 January 2020, 10:12 PM   #116
Brisman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post

My apologies, I just wanted to clarify a couple of misleading statements. I’ll not comment anymore.
Thanks for the opportunity to respond.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:14 PM   #117
navbuhr
"TRF" Member

Props to the “whistleblower”. Not easy putting it out there. Glad you got made whole and hope if there others caught up in this, that they too get their refunds.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:14 PM   #118
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Quote:
My apologies, I just wanted to clarify a couple of misleading statements. I’ll not comment anymore.
Thanks Brisman
Old 31 January 2020, 10:15 PM   #119
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
I know right! And look at all the newbies that just joined TRF.

OP, very informative post. Sorry your friend got bamboozled
Old 31 January 2020, 10:16 PM   #120
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You did the right thing mate by making that post.
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer