The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 31 January 2020, 10:23 PM   #121
owwreally
"TRF" Member

Scary stuff when dealing with those sort of $$ from ‘recommended sellers’ on that page.

Out of interest would a service centre need to book a watch in for a formal service to tell you if it’s fake or would this be done as a goodwill check?
Old 31 January 2020, 10:25 PM   #122
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Those of you on AWBSS will note that the group was made completely private this week (by Chris), immediately prior to my funds being returned. I am confident was an attempt to limit any potential fallout. I can't post the image of the post but I'm sure someone can.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:27 PM   #123
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEHK View Post
Those of you on AWBSS will note that the group was made completely private this week (by Chris), immediately prior to my funds being returned. I am confident was an attempt to limit any potential fallout. I can't post the image of the post but I'm sure someone can.
Well it didnt work! Thanks for coming forward
Old 31 January 2020, 10:30 PM   #124
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smehk View Post
those of you on awbss will note that the group was made completely private this week (by chris), immediately prior to my funds being returned. I am confident was an attempt to limit any potential fallout. I can't post the image of the post but i'm sure someone can.

64ADCE2D-0CD5-417E-82E7-98A9EFBF0DAA.jpeg
Old 31 January 2020, 10:31 PM   #125
robby_jai
"TRF" Member

if there are other cases of this matter... this seems to me systematic fraud... i would definitely be going to the police with this matter and flagging to police fraud concerns and getting those buyers to also contact the police... this isnt small funds we're talking ... its large sums of money....

and what is even more concerning is HOW many people have purchased items from chris...... they would want to get their watches verified QUICK smart
Old 31 January 2020, 10:33 PM   #126
Mrjohnhuo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner.
I have a feeling he wasn't aware this is a fake himself. He has a big presence online and goes out of his way to make vids showing fakes vs real and other top notch vids.

Maybe a genuine mistake.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Old 31 January 2020, 10:36 PM   #127
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
I've been fuming for over 3 months now. We've been formulating what was the best way to expose this fraud, and we are very happy that this is catching fire and the word is spreading. It's true that we have got our money back, but there's lots of other out there that have not.

We cannot allow someone like this to prey on the innocent. A slap on the wrist is just not enough. This criminal needs to be prosecuted properly. I really hope justice prevails in the end.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:37 PM   #128
mooniewant
"TRF" Member

HOROLOGY HOUSE FAKE ROLEX 116500LN Serial 357Q00K9

I’ve conversed with him a number of times. I have also tried to source a watch for an associate of his, however it was shipped to another buyer before the funds were cleared in Geneva and there wasn’t another piece arriving for months. These things do happen through suppliers. The money was returned to the buyer.

This is a fascinating thread and it doesn’t look good for Chris. I joined AWBSS very early in the piece and can confirm the absolutely ridiculous level of monitoring, like they bred this whole crew of kooks who would die to pay anything for a steel Rolex. Any hint of negativity was squashed and the user banned instantly which I always found utterly pathetic. People have a right to share their opinion and it was frustrating to watch a handful of overzealous and power tripping moderators wield there block button.

I’ve openly voiced my distaste for the group online and this story definitely needs to be told to the wider audience. Fortunately, I have the platform to do it. I’m going to reach out to Chris and ask him what has occurred, let him explain. Then I’ll write an article. If you’ve got mates in Australia who have also been scammed, I’d love a PM.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:39 PM   #129
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjohnhuo View Post
I have a feeling he wasn't aware this is a fake himself. He has a big presence online and goes out of his way to make vids showing fakes vs real and other top notch vids.

Maybe a genuine mistake.

This is exactly the stupidity he hopes for. His using his reputation to pull the wool over peoples eyes. This is a well trained scammer.
Have you even read the WhatsApp chat log?
Old 31 January 2020, 10:43 PM   #130
Mrjohnhuo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner.
Nah I haven't. If the evidence is solid than I might be wrong about him. I really like his macro vids too.

Last edited by Lol-x; 31 January 2020 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Profanity is not allowed
Old 31 January 2020, 10:44 PM   #131
philwong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaxax View Post
What a bunch of nonsense, so he knowingly lost a Daytona in shipment and sent ANOTHER Daytona to the buyer?
Sounds like alot of B.S
100%! Why don't he simply refund the buyer? Rather than shipping his watch? It makes no sense!

The only "logical" excuse I can think of is he was acting as a middle man where his seller shipped to the buyer direct (i.e he never touch or seen the watch in person) and the seller had cheated on him with a rep.
Old 31 January 2020, 10:45 PM   #132
Dannyv
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126234
Can someone please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t there a post from HH sometime last year/late 2018 on AWBSS calling someone out on selling him a fake Rolex? Unfortunately can’t recall the model and I can’t find the post but do remember him making a big scene out of it.

Maybe an old switcherooo?
Old 31 January 2020, 11:03 PM   #133
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nah I haven't. If the evidence is solid than I might be wrong about him. I really like his macro vids too.

Read the logs and look at the images, there will be no doubt in your mind after digesting it.
Old 31 January 2020, 11:04 PM   #134
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

I have had a number of people contact me via PM on facebook confirming that they have also been scammed. I strongly suggest all of you to make your issues known in the public domain so that this can be appropriately dealt with.
Old 31 January 2020, 11:15 PM   #135
mooniewant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have had a number of people contact me via PM on facebook confirming that they have also been scammed. I strongly suggest all of you to make your issues known in the public domain so that this can be appropriately dealt with.

All Rolex buyers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 January 2020, 11:18 PM   #136
pistolpete1675
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio G-Shock
There is also the issue of people "selling on behalf of friends who don't have facebook" (BTW who the hell does not have facebook)

If someone is to approach Chris to sell their watch, I am sure because he's a "verified member" he'd be charging for this service and taking a cut from the proceeds of the sale.

Further to this I think there are far worse implications such as tax issues with the ATO.

Given Chris' business is not registered for GST (abn look up), this means his annual turnover/gross sales (not profit) is under $75k.

However the sale in question the sale was $29k which is a big chunk of this $75k annual turnover. I am sure with all the high end watches he's sold for faceless people (without facebook, no pun intended) which we have all seen by all the admin guys, his turnover would be above $75k hence he must register for GST. Note also his HH is a business and is a registered business name with ASIC.

If not, then he's obviously using a public platform to evade tax and getting cash kickbacks for selling watches using his "verified member" status...remember, he's running a business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (45.9 KB, 1861 views)
Old 31 January 2020, 11:21 PM   #137
watchoz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete1675 View Post
(BTW who the hell does not have facebook)
Loads of people. I want nothing to do with Facebook and would never buy a watch from anyone on there. AD or trusted watchmaker, or private sale with a trip to a watchmaker to verify only.
Old 31 January 2020, 11:31 PM   #138
ijoinedforthisthread
"TRF" Member

This whole debacle is just unbelievable. At best, Chris has been duped himself but managed the situation very poorly. Atworst, it is an outright scam. I've read the message exchange, and it doesn't look good for Chris. The buyer was pretty patient, I don't think I would have been!
Let this be a lesson to mods/admins of groups - censor free speech at your peril.
Old 31 January 2020, 11:38 PM   #139
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooniewant View Post
I’ve conversed with him a number of times. I have also tried to source a watch for an associate of his, however it was shipped to another buyer before the funds were cleared in Geneva and there wasn’t another piece arriving for months. These things do happen through suppliers. The money was returned to the buyer.

This is a fascinating thread and it doesn’t look good for Chris. I joined AWBSS very early in the piece and can confirm the absolutely ridiculous level of monitoring, like they bred this whole crew of kooks who would die to pay anything for a steel Rolex. Any hint of negativity was squashed and the user banned instantly which I always found utterly pathetic. People have a right to share their opinion and it was frustrating to watch a handful of overzealous and power tripping moderators wield there block button.

I’ve openly voiced my distaste for the group online and this story definitely needs to be told to the wider audience. Fortunately, I have the platform to do it. I’m going to reach out to Chris and ask him what has occurred, let him explain. Then I’ll write an article. If you’ve got mates in Australia who have also been scammed, I’d love a PM.
If you're serious about exposing him, PM me. I'll forward you all the information I have and contacts of the people that have contacted me but don't want to go public yet.
PS. Doesn't seem like you've read the WhatsApp chat logs yet.
Old 31 January 2020, 11:38 PM   #140
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Maybe a genuine mistake.

I would love to try some of that product you are taking... REAL good shit!
Old 31 January 2020, 11:39 PM   #141
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooniewant View Post
all rolex buyers?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
yep
Old 31 January 2020, 11:43 PM   #142
mooniewant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
If you're serious about exposing him, PM me. I'll forward you all the information I have and contacts of the people that have contacted me but don't want to go public yet.
PS. Doesn't seem like you've read the WhatsApp chat logs yet.

I’ve tried about three different apps to unzip it. Very keen. Will PM.

Old 31 January 2020, 11:44 PM   #143
mooniewant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yep

Margins.

Old 1 February 2020, 12:05 AM   #144
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Doesnt look good for Chris/HH. If what he posted on another forum (that Im not a member at) is true then it doesnt show his ability to spot a fake in his own collection. That is very troubling which puts me believing the OP 100%.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:18 AM   #145
louey001
"TRF" Member

After reading the thread HOROLOGY HOUSE FAKE ROLEX 116500LN Serial 357Q00K9

I would like to share similar experience with Chris Essery. The only thing I will post on this thread is fact and you can decide for yourself.
I have purchased a 2018 Rolex GMT from him on 3th Sep 2019.
- 3th Sep 2019 $16000 was sent to him, I asked him to post it to me on 20th Sep as I was oversea.
- 23rd Sep, he claimed he sent the watch on this day, and he is oversea.
- 29th Sep, he provided the tracking code, which does not work.
- 1st Oct, He said he is in London and he is going to call the post office to investigate
- 4th Oct, he said he is in Singapore with flight delays
- 6th Oct, he said he cant find the receipt and he is going to claim it on his insurance
- 14th Oct, he said police report has been submitted
- 23rd Oct, he said the insurance company told him it will take two weeks to process the claim
- 6th Nov, “insurance company is still investigating”
- 12th Nov, He said he is going to list a back Daytona for sale and he is going to refund me first once he sell ( I suspect this is the one Shohaib bought)
- 17th Nov, he sold the Daytona but refuse to refund me the fund as “it was a trade, not cash sell”
- 20th Nov, he said he is expecting outcome from “insurance claim” tomorrow
- 3rd Dec, he said he is waiting for the claim money to hit account and he is going to transfer me $8k on the same day. ($8k transfer did not happen)
- 6th Dec, he said two lot of $5.5k was sent to me. (in fact only one lot of $5.5k was received)
- 13rd Dec, he said he is travelling again and asked me to contact him on Whatsapp.
- 13rd Dec, he said he has got another Sea Dweller that he can sell to me for $19k.
- 18th Dec, he said he is in NSW to help friend with bushfire, and will send the rest of the money to me today. ($10500)
- 20th Dec, $5000 refund received. (still $5500 outstanding)
- 20th Dec – 13th Jan, I have sent him 8 message on 5 different days and he has not replied any of the message
- 13th Jan, he sent me a photo showing a house on fire and claimed it to be his parents house and the reason for not reply my message is he is helping them out. He said he will send the rest of the fund first thing in the morning (that did not happen)
- 13th Jan, he said he will sent me a rolex wallet for the troubles (never received)
- 15th Jan, he will send me the fund tomorrow. (didn’t happen again)
- 18th Jan, received $2000 refund (still $3500 outstanding) he said the rest of fund is sending from oversea, and it could up to 5 days to arrive.
- 24th Jan, received $3275.41 refund ($224.59 outstanding), interestingly the fund is from an normal domestic transfer, not an international transfer.
- 25th Jan, received the rest of fund.
- 31st Jan, Chris called me and asked me to keep it confidential.

Like I have said, I have only posted fact in this thread. And all chat history are on my phone.
I have been an very stressful 4.5 months trying to deal with this drama.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:27 AM   #146
Lol-x
Facilitator

Wow, all I will say is persistence paid off, but 5 months...you deserve a medal.

Others may have given up....who knows how many...

Wants to keep it quiet so other people don't wake up and start thinking and taking action.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 1 February 2020, 12:31 AM   #147
mbalmz
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by louey001 View Post

I would like to share similar experience with Chris Essery. The only thing I will post on this thread is fact and you can decide for yourself.

-3th Sep 2019 $16000 was sent to him, I asked him to post it to me on 20th Sep as I was oversea.

-23rd Sep, he claimed he sent the watch on this day, and he is oversea.

-29th Sep, he provided the tracking code, which does not work.

-1st Oct, He said he is in London and he is going to call the post office to investigate

-4th Oct, he said he is in Singapore with flight delays

-6th Oct, he said he cant find the receipt and he is going to claim it on his insurance

-14th Oct, he said police report has been submitted

-23rd Oct, he said the insurance company told him it will take two weeks to process the claim

-6th Nov, “insurance company is still investigating”

-12th Nov, He said he is going to list a back Daytona for sale and he is going to refund me first once he sell ( I suspect this is the one Shohaib bought)

-17th Nov, he sold the Daytona but refuse to refund me the fund as “it was a trade, not cash sell”

-20th Nov, he said he is expecting outcome from “insurance claim” tomorrow

-3rd Dec, he said he is waiting for the claim money to hit account and he is going to transfer me $8k on the same day. ($8k transfer did not happen)

-6th Dec, he said two lot of $5.5k was sent to me. (in fact only one lot of $5.5k was received)

-13rd Dec, he said he is travelling again and asked me to contact him on Whatsapp.

-13rd Dec, he said he has got another Sea Dweller that he can sell to me for $19k.

-18th Dec, he said he is in NSW to help friend with bushfire, and will send the rest of the money to me today. ($10500)

-20th Dec, $5000 refund received. (still $5500 outstanding)

-20th Dec – 13th Jan, I have sent him 8 message on 5 different days and he has not replied any of the message

-13th Jan, he sent me a photo showing a house on fire and claimed it to be his parents house and the reason for not reply my message is he is helping them out. He said he will send the rest of the fund first thing in the morning (that did not happen)

-13th Jan, he said he will sent me a rolex wallet for the troubles (never received)

-15th Jan, he will send me the fund tomorrow. (didn’t happen again)

-18th Jan, received $2000 refund (still $3500 outstanding) he said the rest of fund is sending from oversea, and it could up to 5 days to arrive.

-24th Jan, received $3275.41 refund ($224.59 outstanding), interestingly the fund is from an normal domestic transfer, not an international transfer.

-25th Jan, received the rest of fund.

-31st Jan, Chris called me and asked me to keep it confidential.

Like I have said, I have only posted fact in this thread. And all chat history are on my phone.

ugh what a mess! thanks for posting this.
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
Old 1 February 2020, 12:31 AM   #148
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:

- 3th Sep 2019 $16000 was sent to him, I asked him to post it to me on 20th Sep as I was oversea.
- 1st Oct, He said he is in London and he is going to call the post office to investigate
- 6th Oct, he said he cant find the receipt and he is going to claim it on his insurance
- 23rd Oct, he said the insurance company told him it will take two weeks to process the claim
- 12th Nov, He said he is going to list a back Daytona for sale and he is going to refund me first once he sell ( I suspect this is the one Shohaib bought)
- 17th Nov, he sold the Daytona but refuse to refund me the fund as “it was a trade, not cash sell”
- 3rd Dec, he said he is waiting for the claim money to hit account and he is going to transfer me $8k on the same day. ($8k transfer did not happen)
- 6th Dec, he said two lot of $5.5k was sent to me. (in fact only one lot of $5.5k was received)
- 13rd Dec, he said he is travelling again and asked me to contact him on Whatsapp.
- 13rd Dec, he said he has got another Sea Dweller that he can sell to me for $19k.
- 18th Dec, he said he is in NSW to help friend with bushfire, and will send the rest of the money to me today. ($10500)
- 20th Dec – 13th Jan, I have sent him 8 message on 5 different days and he has not replied any of the message
- 13th Jan, he sent me a photo showing a house on fire and claimed it to be his parents house and the reason for not reply my message is he is helping them out. He said he will send the rest of the fund first thing in the morning (that did not happen)
- 13th Jan, he said he will sent me a rolex wallet for the troubles (never received)
- 18th Jan, received $2000 refund (still $3500 outstanding) he said the rest of fund is sending from oversea, and it could up to 5 days to arrive.
- 24th Jan, received $3275.41 refund ($224.59 outstanding), interestingly the fund is from an normal domestic transfer, not an international transfer.

Wow! Thank you very much for sharing! The story is almost identical to what we experienced. There's still a few people that i'm talking to atm with similar stories. I'm trying to encourage to to also share but they seem scared for some strange reason.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:32 AM   #149
oysterquartz17000
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16803
Quote:

Chris's repeated attempts to use the fatal bush fires which have ravaged our country as an excuse utterly appal and disgust me.
Old 1 February 2020, 12:34 AM   #150
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks for posting mate
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer