The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 September 2020, 12:46 PM   #31
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
I think that $5000 is enough for a 16570 Polar without box or papers.

With box and papers, I would say about $5025.

I paid $4000 for mine without box or papers and it needs a bracelet repair that will cost less than $1000.

I personally don't think that box and papers are really worth much at all, considering that I'm never going to sell any watch I purchase.

This is reasonable and makes complete sense. To each his or her own but the price some are paying for not a vintage 60s/70s watch made in small batches, but a mass produced watch from 90s/2000s is absolutely INSANE in my opinion.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2020, 12:48 PM   #32
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Wow.. 20k sounds like a full set with creamy patina. You should be able to get a nice one for 6k, @ 7k+full set. Everything follows suit so I can sure see prices continually rising. I'd stay away from the 3186 hype though on post '06 models.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 12:29 AM   #33
iliketime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 16710
I know there is a patinaed example that got heckled on another forum's f/s section. Op wanted like $11k and a lot of tongue in cheek commenters said tHiS wIlL go QuIcK LOL. Nos polar explorer 2 16570 b&p is not remotely worth $20k and I almost bought a third one for a polar gmt mod. Folks can charge whatever they want, but i doubt they get it. Its like the polished subs that folks are trying to charge $7.5k or more for. Keep bumping
iliketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2020, 01:51 AM   #34
Ballzzz
2024 Pledge Member

4-5k imho
Old 10 September 2020, 03:07 AM   #35
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembleyisgreen View Post
It seems to me the dog days of the 16570 polar are long over. Full kits in half decent shape are hitting $10,000. I’ve seen several excellent/as new/like new/ nos full kits with all goodies being suggestively high priced $15,000-$20,000 and seemingly selling. Is this a $20,000 watch if it’s a full kit in excellent shape? I don’t think so yet. Maybe 2 years from now. But I do see this as a $15,000 full kit price any time now. Watch only sales soon will be hitting $10,000. Watch!
There are far more 5 digit GMT's out there and they go for that and more so perhaps higher. The best deal in Rolex now are the 5 digit explorer I and Subs.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16570 , collectible , explorer , polar , rolex