The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 28 September 2008, 07:52 AM   #1
craig66
"TRF" Member

Pam 308 regatta question....

thinking of adding a panerai watch to my rolex collection. tried a pam 308 regatta ltd.edition (500)??? on today nice looking watch but need some info on it first. how do you rate this watch in the panerai line up??? do you think its a good 1st purchase of a panerai watch or would you say theres better??? priced at £4700 uk pounds new (2008)??? is it one that will depreciate quickly in value???? anyone got some photos of this watch i can see???
craig66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 08:25 AM   #2
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Here are some pics....

The movement is a manual wind version of the Valjoux 7760 movement.

Enjoy the pics....

Tommysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 08:46 AM   #3
brainbizz

I really like the looks of my 308 however would wear it more if it was an automatic. Not a bad choice special edition 500 made then no more. Who knows concearning future values. Special editions which are ss seem to hold their value well.
brainbizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2008, 05:40 PM   #4
twnmango
"TRF" Member

I like it..especially the dial and the blue hands....I have been shopping for one for 2 wks....almost bought a preowned one from a Paneristi...almost. However, when all things considered, I ended up buying a brand new one from a US AD today. It was this AD's first, and possibly last one they'll see. The actual watch will arrive next week, and I can't wait to put it on my wrist!!

I'm thinking its not as RARE as its supposed to be, compare to other Limited Edition models. I called a lot of U.S. AD's....and found at least 4 AD's who had it in stock. Plus, there seems to be a few for sale on Paneristi. Therefore, don't buy it hoping it will gain in value. Buy it because you love it.

Peace
JC
twnmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2008, 07:36 AM   #5
brainbizz

Considering there are about 500 ADs I would say most do not have one. The chronographs also seem to sit a bit longer. It may be just a large number shipped who knows. It is definitely not a PAM 26 but still unique.
brainbizz is offline   Reply With Quote