The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 March 2019, 11:37 PM   #1
Eddo_39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Globemaster
Icon8 Watch returned, but no refund was ever made!

Here's my story about a bad experiense. A warning, and if possible an ask for help…

I bought a Rolex Oyster Perpetual ref. 114300 from a store in Texas called Diamond & Jewelery Gallery, through Chrono24. I paid $4700 which was reasonable. The watch came, but unfortunately I noticed that the case back and the lugs was worn down, as if a engraving had been grinded down without first removing the case back (my theory). I could clearly see that this wasn´t the same watch as pictured in the listing.

Needless to say, I was dissapointed and we agreed that I could return the watch for a refund. After paying additionaly hundreds of dollars for insured shipping, the watch landed at the sellers and was checked. All looked good and a refund was promised... But the refund never came…

I contacted Rene, the seller, who came with excuses for some time, postponing the refund time after time. After some months I asked Chrono24:s costumer service to step in to help me out, but they were met the same way. They recomended a police report the 'scare him into action'.

A police report was made, but the case was closed. A charge back case was made at my bank, but it bounced back. Chrono24 says that they can't send him an invoice to collect the money, since I didn't use the Trusted Checkout Service. They advised me to contact 'my attorney'.

The watch was returned about a year ago now, and I haven't recieved one cent! Nedless to say I'm am dissapointed and frustated over how easy it seems to be to get away with a crime like this! I don't know what to do. My wife left a negative review on facebook (since I don't have a profile) and now I'm writing on this forum. This needs to be heard! I am warning you about this seller/store. I am also crying for help! Maybe there is someone on this forum that has contact, or lives near this store that can 'help a brother out'?
Eddo_39 is offline   Reply With Quote