The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex & Other Watch Links & Resources

Old 24 January 2007, 08:20 AM   #1
Edensknight

Rolex Polo Shirts

Hi Gang!

Here is a question for all you Rollie enthusiasts: Where can you purchase Rolex Polo Shirts and attire besides Special Event hosters like the Kentucky Three Day Event, and, qualitytyme.net ? Thanks, in advance for the feedback!
Edensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2007, 09:59 AM   #2
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
eBay. Here are a few of the listings:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/100-COTTON-ROLEX-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-New-Rolex-INDY-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ROLEX-DAYTONA-POL...QQcmdZViewItem
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2007, 12:36 AM   #3
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust
If you want the daytona shirts, wait until after Saturday this week, you are likely to find the 2007 versions all over ebay.
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2007, 03:36 AM   #4
rolexfan21

Watch: 16610
people would probably think u work for rolex if u wore that shirt
rolexfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2007, 04:45 AM   #5
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_the_pro View Post
people would probably think u work for rolex if u wore that shirt
Yeah, don't go to an AD!
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2007, 05:04 PM   #6
Kris
Banned

Watch: Sea-Dweller Z-ser.
I checked out ebay and they had the nice sold colour polo's with just the ROLEX name and crown above it in gold lettering on the left-breast of the shirt.

I was seriously considering buying/bidding on it, but where exactly would you wear a shirt like this??????????

Although I wear Polo or Lacoste golf-t's at work as we have a business casual environment, I think that wearing one of these ROLEX T's wouldn't go over too well. It would be considered showing off I think. Wearing a Rolex and people knowing about it in the office place is one thing, but reminding them about it all the time may create resentment.

Wearing it outside of work in public could mean trouble. It would be no different than walking up to every single stranger and showing them your watch. Who knows, the wrong person may see it and mug you. You'd be a walking target.

The only other place I could see wearing a shirt like this is at a Country Club or Golf Course or in some real ritzy side of town. Places like this tend to be safer and not carry a bad element.

I'm undecided
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2007, 05:09 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I checked out ebay and they had the nice sold colour polo's with just the ROLEX name and crown above it in gold lettering on the left-breast of the shirt.

I was seriously considering buying/bidding on it, but where exactly would you wear a shirt like this??????????

Although I wear Polo or Lacoste golf-t's at work as we have a business casual environment, I think that wearing one of these ROLEX T's wouldn't go over too well. It would be considered showing off I think. Wearing a Rolex and people knowing about it in the office place is one thing, but reminding them about it all the time may create resentment.

Wearing it outside of work in public could mean trouble. It would be no different than walking up to every single stranger and showing them your watch. Who knows, the wrong person may see it and mug you. You'd be a walking target.

The only other place I could see wearing a shirt like this is at a Country Club or Golf Course or in some real ritzy side of town. Places like this tend to be safer and not carry a bad element.

I'm undecided
I'll take care of your problems, Kris. Just send it over to me....no worries in this part of the word....safe just about anywhere, any place!! I wear any one of these and have no trouble at all!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2007, 07:27 PM   #8
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:

I'm undecided
You could wear it to the strip club
Old 2 February 2007, 02:17 PM   #9
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
I like the Rolex hat, shirts, but I do not think it would be wise to wear a Rolex clothing in public. If you live in a place where you wear coats and jackets, you can wear a million dollar watch with no problems.If you are in warmer climates, no cigar.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2007, 02:30 PM   #10
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
I like the Rolex hat, shirts, but I do not think it would be wise to wear a Rolex clothing in public. If you live in a place where you wear coats and jackets, you can wear a million dollar watch with no problems.If you are in warmer climates, no cigar.
I like wearing this, it's subtle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex hat 1.jpg (40.3 KB, 568 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex hat 2.jpg (30.1 KB, 568 views)
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2007, 10:50 PM   #11
fat-sam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso Duoface
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
You could wear it to the strip club
bada bing! you'd get stung bad, my friend owned a table dancing club and they taught the girls to pull a guy forward by his tie- so they could see who it was made by, if it was brioni, armani, dunhill etc you were getting hit for big bucks!
Old 3 February 2007, 11:09 AM   #12
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-sam View Post
bada bing! you'd get stung bad, my friend owned a table dancing club and they taught the girls to pull a guy forward by his tie- so they could see who it was made by, if it was brioni, armani, dunhill etc you were getting hit for big bucks!
That's the guy's fault for falling for them. Especially the SWK's*

*Stripper with kids
Old 7 February 2007, 03:35 PM   #13
Kris
Banned

Watch: Sea-Dweller Z-ser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat-sam View Post
Funny you should mention this move.

I was watching 20/20 and they were doing a special on single mom's working as strippers (aka whores).

Anyways, they asked the stripper's how do they size up clients. The women had 2 things written on the list to check for that would determine how monied these guys were;

1. What kind of watch was he wearing?
2. What kind of shoes was he wearing?

That pretty much summed things up.

As for a story of my own, I walked into Harry Rosen (Men's suit store that carries Armani, Hugo Boss, etc) to return a Lacoste Polo-T-shirt that was one size to big and a colour I didn't want. I picked up the shirt I wanted and walked over to the counter to do the exchange. I handed over both shirts and the gift-exchange slip. There were 4 women working the counter that Saturday. Anyways, the one clerk starts to print up an exchange receipt and asks me to sign while the other one wraps up my shirt. As the counter was high I brought my watch-hand up to hold the receipt (this exposed my SD in all it's glory) and wrote my name with my right hand. The counter at Harry Rosen is lite with strong spot-lights, so my watch was sparkling under the lighting. The clerk watched me fill it out and then took the slip and put it into the register and through the corner of my eye I saw her walk up to one of the other clerks, whisper something to her, upon which both turned to look right at me.

You gotta watch out for women like this. Total gold-diggers.
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2007, 02:22 PM   #14
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
I have 2 things that I do not go cheap on. I like nice suits, but I can shop those to get good deals...usually Joseph Aboud or Brooks Brothers. But with the watch, it is Rolex or Omega. And with the shoes, it is Allen Edmonds or Alden, and I like shell cordovan a lot. Those two things have a lot of mileage in my world of law that is part theatre. To be powerful, one has to be smart. But to radiate power, some of the props help. They work best when one is authentic with them and knows them simply for what they are. Good shoes are a must for me. In my poorest days, I wore Allen Edmonds. Call me Imeldo. Yes, the world notices the watch and the shoes. Arturo
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2007, 01:11 PM   #15
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
I find the Rolex golf shirts a little too much in terms of being in your face. I guess I prefer to be a little more discreet. The only obvious labels that I wear are the Lacoste croc or Burberry knight and those are pretty small.

If anyone is looking at my shoes, they will be disappointed since I usually wear comfort shoes. And no one recognizes my watch so I'm safe. :)
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2007, 11:29 PM   #16
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Watch ephemora shows your love for the hobby. Having said that, it seems wearing ROLEX on your body could be misconstrued as showing off. I did find a cool polo on ebay that shows my love for Kentucky and Rolex without screaming too loud.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KYCOLONELROLEX.jpg (101.1 KB, 403 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2007, 07:10 PM   #17
RT
Banned

Dan:

Very nice but subtle shirt indeed. Now I'll have to go on
eBay to hunt down one for myself.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2007, 10:36 PM   #18
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks RT!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 June 2007, 02:57 AM   #19
RT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Thanks RT!
dP

Guess what? Right after I posted my message to you, I went to eBay and found a Rolex green pullover with a Rolex logo on the left side. I bought it in a flash.
Old 15 June 2007, 03:25 AM   #20
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Cool, lets see some pics when you get it. I just purchased a Ky, 3 day event, Rolex jacket yesterday. Got it cheap so what the hell.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 June 2007, 03:34 AM   #21
RT
Banned

Quote:
Cool, lets see some pics when you get it. I just purchased a Ky, 3 day event, Rolex jacket yesterday. Got it cheap so what the hell.
dP

Believe it or not, I own 5 digital cameras but I don't know how to upload pictures onto this forum. However, you can view the pullover by going into eBay and look up lot# 260127593436. I paid almost $27 (incl. postage) for it which I think is a pretty good buy.

Congrats on your new jacket purchase. What color is it?
Old 15 June 2007, 03:52 AM   #22
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Those wind jackets are great. I've got one from Tag Heuer. Light weight and easy to fold up if it gets warm. Very nice.
The KY/ Rolex jacket is light tan. The ebay # is 290126234091.
As far as pics this sight is easy. Check the pic threads for instructions.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 15 June 2007, 04:06 AM   #23
RT
Banned

Quote:
Those wind jackets are great. I've got one from Tag Heuer. Light weight and easy to fold up if it gets warm. Very nice.
The KY/ Rolex jacket is light tan. The ebay # is 290126234091.
As far as pics this sight is easy. Check the pic threads for instructions.
dP

Excellent buy! I like that jacket. I'll give you $20 for it. That must be the very most profit you get from "flipping" anything Rolex.
Old 15 June 2007, 07:37 AM   #24
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That must be the very most profit you get from "flipping" anything Rolex.

dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 17 June 2007, 01:20 PM   #25
jhelms
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub / SS DJ
Quote:

It would be considered showing off I think. Wearing a Rolex and people knowing about it in the office place is one thing, but reminding them about it all the time may create resentment.

I thought the same thing. I bought a white Polo / Ralph Lauren shirt that actually had the Rolex name and crown embroidered where the horse normally is. That came across as very rare to me, but I have some Augusta National shirts that are like that (Regular Ralph Lauren Polo shirt with the USA/Flag logo instead of the horse), so I know that those types of shirts exist.

Anyway, once I got it home, I couldn't feel comfortable wearing it anywhere for those reasons above, mainly because it just seemed like it was a little too 'in your face'. I wore it once, to Augusta National actually and it's been in the closet ever since.

I like the funny comment about the shoes - I love shoes and have bought my wife several nice pair that she would have never bought herself (Manolo crocs, Jimmy Choo mules, etc.).
jhelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2007, 07:34 AM   #26
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
I have 2 things that I do not go cheap on. I like nice suits, but I can shop those to get good deals...usually Joseph Aboud or Brooks Brothers. But with the watch, it is Rolex or Omega. And with the shoes, it is Allen Edmonds or Alden, and I like shell cordovan a lot. Those two things have a lot of mileage in my world of law that is part theatre. To be powerful, one has to be smart. But to radiate power, some of the props help. They work best when one is authentic with them and knows them simply for what they are. Good shoes are a must for me. In my poorest days, I wore Allen Edmonds. Call me Imeldo. Yes, the world notices the watch and the shoes. Arturo
Very well written.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote