The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 June 2019, 10:38 AM   #61
Pballkm21
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately for the idea...Rolex is a watch company not a tour company. Same thing as the mind set behind why they aren't a retailer...because they are a watch company.
Pballkm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 10:42 AM   #62
Vanmarsenille
"TRF" Member

Oh dear.
Vanmarsenille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 10:47 AM   #63
moneymike83
Banned

Watch: Sd43
Demand going book till 2188. Better get on the waitlist now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moneymike83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 12:49 PM   #64
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
I'd do it, for sure. When can I sign up?!

I would want to bring my young kids too, turn them into watch nuts as well, customers for the next generation.
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 12:50 PM   #65
MrCowboy99
"TRF" Member

why does Rolex care? They are a charity and non-profit.
I do not offer or provide any Rolex investment advice or opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular watch, collections of watches, transaction or investment watch collecting strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any watch decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, watch objectives, risk tolerance, and what looks good in yoru opinion on your wrist.
MrCowboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 12:51 PM   #66
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
I would suggest you test model this out on the DOD with a NORAD tour, complete with underground accommodations and a low grade uranium block paperweight in the shape of a warhead......
You might have a better shot there than getting into the Rolex factories.

I think we have now hit a new low as a forum with this proposal.
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 12:56 PM   #67
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
So, my background is marketing, at some long ago point in my professional history. Switzerland derives massive national revenue from the tourism dollar influx. Factory tours are available from just about all of the Luxury Brands, especially car manufacturers like Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini. Brands like Montblanc, Cartier, etc. Most offer within their tours collecting a car, item or product. Car manufacturers even sell cars that you can you drive around Europe for x months, and then deliver to a German/Dutch port for pre-arranged shipping back home, with all registration formalities in your home country handled.

Proposal for Rolex

In a deal with the Swiss Tourism Bureau, Rolex starts a Rolex VIP Factory Tour. The cost is $2500 and, includes two nights of accommodation near the factory and, VIP dining 1 night. Guided tour includes all phases of watch production through specially installed external windows along external a tour corridor. A Rolex history museum section with iconic watches on display. A special Rolex VIP Concierge tour is $3500 which includes trying on any 5 Rolex of your (pre-decided when booking) choice. You would then be allowed to by One (1) of those watches, through a special VIP concierge at a special factory flagship boutique on-site. $2500 would be refunded against the eventual purchase.

Benefits

*Increase Brand awareness
*Watch Geeks like us get fast track access to a piece we want
*Rolex increases its historical info. preservation
*Swiss Tourism congratulates Rolex for spearheading tourism development
*Swiss towns and cities near the factory get increased tourism revenue
*Rolex manages to massacre grays through an ingenious win/win proposal
*Rolex covers tour refund against purchase at MSRP from money saved not given to AD 30-40%
*Concierge participants get a special Card linked to their home AD for priority invites and presentations
*Any other upsides you guys can think of?

Now TRF members, would any of you sign up for such a tour? I may talk to a friend at a multinational called RevoluVIP to approach Rolex to put something like this together.
I feel like I wasted several minutes of my life reading this lunatics scribbling....
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 04:02 PM   #68
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
"Increase Brand awareness" - One thing that Rolex absolutely doesn't need.
Old 24 June 2019, 05:55 PM   #69
Monte Cristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you...
There’s 3 references that I’m after....so put me down for 3 tickets.

Seriously though, I’d do it just for the experience
Old 24 June 2019, 07:13 PM   #70
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Mystique is a huge part of the magic .
Yes, I think so too. Which is why it'd be highly unlikely that Rolex would open its doors to the public.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:18 PM   #71
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaSubowner View Post
I would suggest you test model this out on the DOD with a NORAD tour, complete with underground accommodations and a low grade uranium block paperweight in the shape of a warhead......
You might have a better shot there than getting into the Rolex factories.

I think we have now hit a new low as a forum with this proposal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaSubowner View Post
I feel like I wasted several minutes of my life reading this lunatics scribbling....
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:29 PM   #72
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

"They're" not ALL locked up, are they.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:37 PM   #73
Keyetty
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 126233
I probably would if I were free at the time and could choose my dates. Never been to Switzerland so that would be half the fun.

Keyetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:45 PM   #74
The M3 Guy
"TRF" Member

Good thing about this idea is the flippers, speculators greys and their middle men would get VIP tour and direct line to what ever they want and Rolex could quickly identify them.

For the grey dealers sort of a one stop shop along with a holiday at their next customers expense.
The M3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:52 PM   #75
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hmmm...

If you can get Musk in on this and he agrees to fly us all in on a rocket Rolex might just go for this.

Or have Apple talk to Rolex and make a deal just for iWatch owners?

Money talks in marketing ....you know.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 08:06 PM   #76
Oliver Mendl
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II: 16570
Hi!

Ok, I play. :)

It has to be a pure luxury splurge from the get go. Something one could do with truly best WIS friends for a special birthday or career milestone ...

- Pick up at home & airport transfer with corresponding car(s).
- Private plane to Switzerland.
- Transfer to location with corresponding car(s).
- Minimum 5* accommodation.
- Private, concierge style, factory tour.
- - - Optional: "Build your own Rolex from "pre-assembled parts"" Optional case back engraving for the event/occasion. Watches built are marked. Only the owner (or their legal heir) can have the watch serviced. Including photo-op ... (Obviously this package sells for extra $$$$$)
- Watch concierge: All watches available, buy one per participant and one per "+1".
- Time to relax in between and enjoy the perks of your 5* accommodation.
- Dinner (gala style/ black tie) with Rolex CEO and one Rolex ambassador/ or Rolex foundation laureate of your choice. One photo op in the beginning, otherwise no photos.
- - - (Optional/ by choice laid back BBQ style dinner, other styles/options available)
- Fringe events/ spouse program during the days for non-WIS, accompanying spouses.
- - - Optional: Children's program (Obviously extra $$$$)
- Cars + drivers available during stay for shopping/ "touristy" stuff.

- - - Optional: Professional photographer package (Obviously for additional $$$$) with luxury handmade & printed photo book (Couture book, for example) delivered after the event.

Price to be determined. Definitely in the high 6 figures per participant, each participant has a free "+1", if "+1" wants the full experience, "+1" has to sign up as participant instead. Minimum 3 participants, maximum 8 participants/ tour. Only very few tours/year.

Absolutely no free tours to "influencers", journalists, bloggers, (....) No opening up to the general media.

Participants can share on social media at their discretion, except from the dinner.

This has to be something special and highly exclusive, otherwise there will be waitlists and too much people in general.

Kind regards,
Oliver

Last edited by Oliver Mendl; 24 June 2019 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Added photography package.
Oliver Mendl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 09:58 PM   #77
iliketime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 16710
rolex and brand awareness
iliketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 10:25 PM   #78
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandWatch View Post
Just imagine how much the package tours would sell for on the grey market!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 11:32 PM   #79
crownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
pie in the sky idea. Rolex is notoriously secretive.
+1
crownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 11:35 PM   #80
JVM
Banned

+1

Even the most influential members of the horological media have had limited and strictly controlled access to the factory at best. AD’s have little access to the inner workings at Rolex. There is absolutely no benefit to the brand and it would only fuel the endless speculation and conspiracy theories that we already have plenty of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Pie in the sky idea. Rolex is notoriously secretive.
JVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 11:41 PM   #81
iheartrolexx
Banned

rolex doesn't need this
iheartrolexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:40 AM   #82
HappyFish
Banned

VIP or buy it through the gift shop Tour?!

Just another good laugh for Monsieur Dufour!
HappyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 11:09 AM   #83
ejj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Fun idea. Have you ever spent much time in Switzerland? In general, the customer service model is different from many countries. This idea would not fit.
ejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:00 PM   #84
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Not sure what’s happening these days on TRF but, as can be witnessed from the replies, I’ve received a mixed bag of comments from, being called a complete lunatic to some more respectful views. I understand we’re on a public pseudonym/anonymous forum but, sometimes, just throwing out an idea these days that isn’t “incoming” or “comparing Rolex to dow jones or a bluechip stock” seems to conjure strange and, sadly, derogatory comments.

I have been to Porsche, Volkswagen and BMW factory tours. VW has a glass auto-delivery tower vip concierge at their wolfsburg factory tour/museum and buyers come from all over the world to watch their car being brought down robotically to the VIP lobby. They then drive around europe and their cars are shipped back home when they return. Porsche has a similar set-up at Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. I simply don’t recognize the difference between an aficionado lure for a luxury automobile factory tour and a Rolex luxury watch factory tour. People have said Rolex are too secretive, are Porsche not about their unreleased models? I was just putting an idea out there to provoke debate and get opinions, no big deal...however, it seems that even the most simple proposal is too polarizing these days. I shall get back to “incoming” and, chatter about “greys”, “no SS models on planet earth” or pseudo “Rolex Investors” I guess
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:11 PM   #85
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwich Mean Time View Post
I wonder how long the wait list would be.
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 01:11 PM   #86
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Not sure what’s happening these days on TRF but, as can be witnessed from the replies, I’ve received a mixed bag of comments from, being called a complete lunatic to some more respectful views. I understand we’re on a public pseudonym/anonymous forum but, sometimes, just throwing out an idea these days that isn’t “incoming” or “comparing Rolex to dow jones or a bluechip stock” seems to conjure strange and, sadly, derogatory comments.

I have been to Porsche, Volkswagen and BMW factory tours. VW has a glass auto-delivery tower vip concierge at their wolfsburg factory tour/museum and buyers come from all over the world to watch their car being brought down robotically to the VIP lobby. They then drive around europe and their cars are shipped back home when they return. Porsche has a similar set-up at Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. I simply don’t recognize the difference between an aficionado lure for a luxury automobile factory tour and a Rolex luxury watch factory tour. People have said Rolex are too secretive, are Porsche not about their unreleased models? I was just putting an idea out there to provoke debate and get opinions, no big deal...however, it seems that even the most simple proposal is too polarizing these days. I shall get back to “incoming” and, chatter about “greys”, “no SS models on planet earth” or pseudo “Rolex Investors” I guess
Sorry, but you got flamed because it was a hugely bad idea. It failed to solve the fundamental problem: supply. At the end of the day all your proposal does is stimulate the Swiss economy. The Uber Whales atop all the waitlists are the exact same Uber Whales who will get first dibs on the VIP tours. Normal buyers will get no more hot pieces than they are getting now.

But kudos for having a vivid imagination. I’m sure this plan will work just fine with a normal company.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 05:15 PM   #87
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
Rolex already give tours to VIPs. For free.

Hate to break it to you but spending $2500-3000 on a ticket doesn’t make someone a VIP.

It’s a nice idea though.
And they give tours to watchmakers who are there for training
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 05:23 PM   #88
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymike83 View Post
Demand going book till 2188. Better get on the waitlist now!

and then people start to sell spots for money, grey market for Rolex factory tour.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 06:38 PM   #89
FloridaSam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16013
Part of Rolexes success is the mystery. They don't want this or need this.
FloridaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 06:43 PM   #90
J-E
"TRF" Member

I dont see any real benefits for Rolex. If marketing really is your background, this is one weak ass plan.
J-E is offline   Reply With Quote