The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 June 2019, 01:22 PM   #1
exador
Banned

Well that didn't take long...

Already 136 x 126710 BLNRs being advertised on C24 ranging from $19.5k to $26k...
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 01:25 PM   #2
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Yet AD’s are vetting sales and these are only going to good local vip clients with long histories yada yada yada insert lie here.
Old 25 June 2019, 01:26 PM   #3
pepsiretail
Banned

A lot of flipping going on! The timeless allure of easy money
pepsiretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 02:28 PM   #4
opaline460
"TRF" Member

VIPs want to make some $ too!
opaline460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 03:06 PM   #5
Shamorai
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16523, 116610LV
Grey is the new AD.
Shamorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 03:09 PM   #6
s_haverford
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO,OP-36 White
Maybe an increase in supply in the near future will buck this upward trend.
s_haverford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 03:24 PM   #7
scombs263
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex SD43
Ridiculous!
scombs263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 03:43 PM   #8
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Not all of those are on hand.

Quite a few are just no stock listings....then the mad scramble occurs to fill the "order"..
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 03:51 PM   #9
wsfarrell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Not all of those are on hand.

Quite a few are just no stock listings....then the mad scramble occurs to fill the "order"..
How do you know this? There's an "Availability" section in chrono24 listings, and all the examples I looked at said "available now," with shipping dates within a week.
wsfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 05:11 PM   #10
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
A lot are not shop stock. An owner may approach many greys and tell them they have a BLNR. If the grey has a customer, then they will request it from the owner. If its brand new and complete, even easier, don't even need to take pics as it'll be brand new.
Old 25 June 2019, 05:14 PM   #11
Manu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 | LVc | SkyD
Never pay over MSRP
Manu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 06:41 PM   #12
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Remember to tip your grey with a gracious thank you gift ..
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 07:17 PM   #13
MinMay
Banned

Nice. One million dollar here we come lol
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 08:38 PM   #14
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Already 136 x 126710 BLNRs being advertised on C24 ranging from $19.5k to $26k...
That's nothing next to the thousands being produced.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 09:23 PM   #15
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

A lot of that those listings are “advertising” - as a few have already said, the seller doesn’t necessarily have the watch in stock
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 12:02 AM   #16
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Lately I want a Steel sky-dweller blue dial 326934
No shortage.... I found 120 of them available for sale at Chrono24
Asking price around $22k....none is flying out of stock
my offer is $19.500 to anyone who really wants to sell
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 12:30 AM   #17
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
I'm sorry, but i have to speculate here on a local AD who also runs a sister company that deals in used watches. I bet if I call the AD right now, and ask for a BLNR 2019, or be put on a list for one, they will laugh at me, or tell me they only go to VIPs, or its first come, first serve whatevers. However, their sister company has right now 6 2019 BLNRs for sale at $21k+ each, some still with stickers and all with the "majority of time remaining on factory warranty". Im sure we can all put 2 and 2 together, and perhaps its just coincidence and totally legit (ie they acquired them from other flippers and weren't "self-dealing") but the optics are a turn-off regardless and it just seems shady to me. From a "do the right thing perspective" it doesn't reflect well on them from my eyes, but from the other standpoint, seems totally logical from a "maximize profit" perspective. Just a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by Epanerai12; 26 June 2019 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: spelling, grammar
Epanerai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 12:35 AM   #18
coralfarmer84
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epanerai12 View Post
I'm sorry, but i have to speculate here on a local AD who also runs a sister company that deals in used watches. I bet if I call the AD right now, and ask for a BLNR 2019, or be put on a list for one, they will laugh at me, or tell me they only go to VIPs, or its first come, first serve whatevers. However, their sister company has right now 6 2019 BLNRs for sale at $21k+ each, some still with stickers and all with the "majority of time remaining on factory warranty". Im sure we can all put 2 and 2 together, and perhaps its just coincidence and totally legit (ie they acquired them from other flippers and weren't "self-dealing") but the optics are a turn-off regardless and it just seems shady to me. From a "do the right thing perspective" it doesn't reflect well on them from my eyes, but from the other standpoint, seems totally logical from a "maximize profit" perspective. Just a bad taste in my mouth.
It’s clear to me.
Old 26 June 2019, 12:37 AM   #19
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Ok
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 12:52 AM   #20
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Sad, pathetic whatever you want to call it. It is killing the fun of this hobby.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 01:01 AM   #21
ganand
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Given you're in Philly, I'm guessing you're referring to Govberg/Watchbox? They've tried to address this in a few videos on YouTube as well as in a thread someone started here on the subject. Whether it was addressed satisfactorily is another question.
ganand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 02:49 AM   #22
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganand View Post
Given you're in Philly, I'm guessing you're referring to Govberg/Watchbox? They've tried to address this in a few videos on YouTube as well as in a thread someone started here on the subject. Whether it was addressed satisfactorily is another question.
Well, its not my place to use anyone's name, and I cannot prove anyone's actual business practices; only they know the truth. But even if they truly are not self-dealing, my main point is that the "optics" are what turns me off, and if it were me and my business, I would be more cognizant to the perceptions the public can have on how I am conducting my businesses. An outsider and previous customer/potential customer like me could assume from what I see here that they are potentially allowing their reputation and/or desire to forge new, or help existing, relationships at the AD side take a backseat to maximum profits on the used side. Its their businesses to run, and they can do it however they like (this is America JACK!), but seems like their marketing dept could be a bit more aware on how the public perceives the nature of the possible relationship of their 2 companies when i see something like this. As a previous customer and someone currently in the market for something like a BLNR, the optics of the situation make me just prefer to take my business (or wait) elsewhere.
Epanerai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 02:58 AM   #23
Cesium137
Banned

And this is where prices start to slip
Cesium137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 03:09 AM   #24
Jm3
"TRF" Member

Sounds like Govberg

Quote:
They won’t get any of my money. Their “used” watches still have stickers in them.
Jm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 03:12 AM   #25
iatacs19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamorai View Post
Grey is the new AD.
iatacs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 03:19 AM   #26
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsfarrell View Post
How do you know this? There's an "Availability" section in chrono24 listings, and all the examples I looked at said "available now," with shipping dates within a week.
That's common knowledge in the secondary market..

Tons of watches are "sold" without inventory, then they fill orders through their connections. Not all do this, but a lot...
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 04:50 AM   #27
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

When the grey price for the 116610LV hit £2K over MSRP, I decided to act. I contacted Watchfinder, plus 8 sellers who had new Hulks listed on C24. Four did not respond. One responded then stopped responding. One was waiting for stock but would get one soon. One had a second hand example - not the watch advertised because it had gone, but a pre worn minter, every bit as good, and at the same price because it was in such good condition. Only one out of the eight had the goods in stock, as advertised and ready to dispatch. We negotiated a discount which got me my Hulk for the same price as I had managed to beat Watchfinder down to for a second hand one.

I have no idea if the present volume of BLNR listings is an analogous situation. I would not be surprised.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 05:13 AM   #28
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Remember to tip your grey with a gracious thank you gift ..
It speaks volumes to your character that you are so offended by the idea of someone thanking a sales person with a small token gesture that you have unprompted, brought the subject up on at least two different threads since.

Class act.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 05:14 AM   #29
Mr.Rolex1
Banned

Watch: Submariner
And not a single sold...
Mr.Rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 05:19 AM   #30
Alan111
"TRF" Member

I am willing to bet that at least 80% of those sellers do not have the actual stock. Try and reaching out to some of them and ask for the actual serial number. Most won't reply and some will give you BS about the watch being stored and sealed away in a vault, or they are renovating their showroom and can't show the watches etc.

I have been shopping C24 for the last few months and this has been my experience on almost every single watch I inquired about, such as 126711, 126715, 116505, 116508, AP 25960OR, AP 15202OR, PP 5167R, even some 126233 and 126330.

One seller even made a checkout offer reply to me on a watch I was ready to buy on 47th St (after going back and forth with them on the price for 3 days), only to tell me that "the girl in his showroom" sold it to a customer who walked in 2 hours before I was to show up and make a deal. But he graciously offered to get me another one of the same watch tomorrow, albeit $2500 higher because supply is tough.
Alan111 is offline   Reply With Quote