The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 May 2018, 05:20 AM   #151
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP15 View Post
Yup...$200 to ship the watch to Clearwater.
Seems like a lot, but at least they hook you up with the label and stuff.
Old 10 May 2018, 05:41 AM   #152
japenney
"TRF" Member

Watch: undecided
So the real lesson is to send the watch directly to the manufacture yourself instead of sending it to an AD to send wherever the heck they determine is most convenient.
Old 10 May 2018, 06:03 AM   #153
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Seems like a lot, but at least they hook you up with the label and stuff.
Called Clearwater directly and they overnighted a kit for free.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 06:32 AM   #154
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yup...$200 to ship the watch to Clearwater.
Quote:
Called Clearwater directly and they overnighted a kit for free.

Yet you posted this prior..... and we wonder where all the bad press about AP comes from. Misinformation seems wide spread about AP and I honestly have no clue why.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 06:35 AM   #155
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by japenney View Post
So the real lesson is to send the watch directly to the manufacture yourself instead of sending it to an AD to send wherever the heck they determine is most convenient.
Thought OP would have figured this out by now but apparently not. Get what you pay for!
Old 10 May 2018, 07:35 AM   #156
OP15
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=npalacio;8563963]Yet you posted this prior..... and we wonder where all the bad press about AP comes from. Misinformation seems wide spread about AP and I honestly have no clue why. [/

You have no idea what you’re talking about. No misinformation spread here, just first hand knowledge of AP issues. And I have been very clear that I do not for one second believe AP is the only company to have issues. But if asked, I’ll answer, and did.

Clearwater told me to bring my watch to Beverly Hills first. It was then determined that it needed to go to Clearwater. I was charged a fee. I then quickly found out that in APSC’s eyes, I was not the client, the boutique was. So Clearwater instructed me to bypass the boutique in the future. They had my watch a few more times - but all kits were free.

I hope this is clear enough information about the experience. If not, happy to elaborate, so no one reading feels “misinformed” about the brand.
Old 10 May 2018, 08:06 AM   #157
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

So why did you come in here and state it was at cost with no other details? Leads one to believe that is standard practice, which it is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10 May 2018, 08:09 AM   #158
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npalacio View Post
So why did you come in here and state it was at cost with no other details? Leads one to believe that is standard practice, which it is not.

Read back further...I said AP Beverly Hills. They charge and it is standard practice, according to the boutique themselves.

Clearwater is a different story.
Old 10 May 2018, 08:13 AM   #159
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Read back further...I said AP Beverly Hills. They charge and it is standard practice, according to the boutique themselves.

Clearwater is a different story.

Where you chimed in again, we were speaking specifically about sending to APSC directly. Not through an AD or boutique.

Sorry for the confusion but pretty disappointing to constantly see blasts about AP on here when I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Old 10 May 2018, 08:15 AM   #160
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
From personal experience the kit is free every time when a watch goes in to APSC Clearwater for warranty work. The retail cost for the kit for out of warranty service work is $100 but they can waive it.

Now whats not consistent is if you get a leather travel case every time with warranty work. haha
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 08:25 AM   #161
OP15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by npalacio View Post
Where you chimed in again, we were speaking specifically about sending to APSC directly. Not through an AD or boutique.

Sorry for the confusion but pretty disappointing to constantly see blasts about AP on here when I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

I was mistaken then, apologies. I did not realize the topic at the time was specific to APSC directly.

Even though my watch was either with Clearwater or Le Brassus for around 9 months out of its first year, they tried very hard to find a solution, which I appreciated. As as disappointed I was that I was essentially without a watch for the first year of a brand new watch...it does not deter me from the brand. It was a prideful moment when I purchased my AP and I wear it with pride, still.
Old 10 May 2018, 10:41 AM   #162
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I was mistaken then, apologies. I did not realize the topic at the time was specific to APSC directly.

Even though my watch was either with Clearwater or Le Brassus for around 9 months out of its first year, they tried very hard to find a solution, which I appreciated. As as disappointed I was that I was essentially without a watch for the first year of a brand new watch...it does not deter me from the brand. It was a prideful moment when I purchased my AP and I wear it with pride, still.

Old 11 May 2018, 02:57 PM   #163
solrac6262
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335D View Post
Well guys, forget about the whole APSC/AD discussion.
The thing now is that they have to fix this up with me.
What is reasonable guys? Let’s think about that.
I told you, they should refund you part of that money, you should probably call directly AP and ask for compensation, because they don't have a competent service center
solrac6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 02:59 PM   #164
solrac6262
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Hmm... I'm really not sure that they do. I know someone on here pushed you to demand more, but I just don't know that you are in a position to dictate how they must satisfy you. In the end, you got your watch back in fantastic shape. Yes, it was stressful and time-consuming, but 6 months is really not that long when in the end you are perfectly satisfied with the watch.

Don't get me wrong, I would have hoped for a less stressful experience, and I would have expressed my displeasure at how this went, but in the end, I would choose not to hate the brand because they didn't fix my other AP watch that was not under AP warranty. After all, I bought the other watch second hand under their shop warranty, so I saved some money and knew what I was getting into in regards to future service guarantees.

I'd have to reread the thread, but I thought the AP guy said he would look into it. If he ever said he'd actually fix it, then I hope you have that documented somewhere.

Just my 2 cents. So you know, I was rooting for you on this, but overall I'm pleased you got your polished watch fixed to your complete satisfaction (minus the time and stress).
6 months is not long, bro come on, took me less then that to received my 911 from Germany LOL
Old 11 May 2018, 05:23 PM   #165
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrac6262 View Post
I told you, they should refund you part of that money, you should probably call directly AP and ask for compensation, because they don't have a competent service center
I did, they hooked me up with a regional manager and there starts the story over again.
BMW335D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 05:24 PM   #166
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrac6262 View Post
6 months is not long, bro come on, took me less then that to received my 911 from Germany LOL
Hahaha crap peace of sh*t.
BMW335D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 07:45 PM   #167
Betta01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Hmm... I'm really not sure that they do. I know someone on here pushed you to demand more, but I just don't know that you are in a position to dictate how they must satisfy you. In the end, you got your watch back in fantastic shape. Yes, it was stressful and time-consuming, but 6 months is really not that long when in the end you are perfectly satisfied with the watch.

Don't get me wrong, I would have hoped for a less stressful experience, and I would have expressed my displeasure at how this went, but in the end, I would choose not to hate the brand because they didn't fix my other AP watch that was not under AP warranty. After all, I bought the other watch second hand under their shop warranty, so I saved some money and knew what I was getting into in regards to future service guarantees.

I'd have to reread the thread, but I thought the AP guy said he would look into it. If he ever said he'd actually fix it, then I hope you have that documented somewhere.

Just my 2 cents. So you know, I was rooting for you on this, but overall I'm pleased you got your polished watch fixed to your complete satisfaction (minus the time and stress).
RolexZen..U sure are a patient guy or gal.
Respect..

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2018, 01:50 AM   #168
solrac6262
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335D View Post
I did, they hooked me up with a regional manager and there starts the story over again.
if you waited 6 months lol I'm Sure you can wait a few days and maybe you can get a free service on your other AP.

thats fair :)
Old 12 May 2018, 09:01 AM   #169
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
I just my RO 14800 to Clearwater for service. The sales executive in the LV boutique asked if I wanted it polished. I said no and she agreed, it didn't need it. AD sending or direct for service. Depends on me, if I want to package the watch and trudge to the PO, or head to the watch boutique and let them send it. Let's face it, shipping costs are chump change compared to what you paid for your watch.
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote