The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 February 2018, 10:48 PM   #1
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex day date
Recommendation for dealer to sell my Tag Heuers

Hi,

I have couple of Tag Heuers which I want to sell as I moved onto Rolex. I don't want to go through the hassle of selling it myself so looking for a dealer whom I can sell. I see many dealers for Rolex but haven't found anyone for Tag. I'll appreciate if I can get some recommendations.

Thanks
newbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 02:41 AM   #2
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
It is really tough as most dealers here deal in more expensive stuff as they can make more per watch. If they take your tag on trade, which many won't, it will be at a massive loss for you. I sold my TAGS on ebay but my wife is established there so it made it a breeze.
Old 27 February 2018, 10:23 PM   #3
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
It is really tough as most dealers here deal in more expensive stuff as they can make more per watch. If they take your tag on trade, which many won't, it will be at a massive loss for you. I sold my TAGS on ebay but my wife is established there so it made it a breeze.
Thanks, Ebay is very scary specially with tons of scammer trying to commit a fraud all the time. I'm surprised that Tag Heuers are expensive but don't have any resale value. I think I'll just keep them. :(
Old 28 February 2018, 01:30 AM   #4
the_natural
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee1 View Post
Thanks, Ebay is very scary specially with tons of scammer trying to commit a fraud all the time. I'm surprised that Tag Heuers are expensive but don't have any resale value. I think I'll just keep them. :(
As long as you correctly represent the items (e.g. lots of pics, detailed description, etc), take payment via PayPal, and only ship to a PayPal verified address, you don't have too much to worry about on the scamming front. I've been on eBay forever and have no plans to stop buying or selling. In this case, I'd probably not offer returns.

Good luck.
the_natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 02:25 AM   #5
dmhines
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss / GMT II
I recommend you keep them for weekend or casual watches ... Tough to resell modern Tag's ... If you just want to dump them .. go to a Pawn Shop ...
Breitling SOH II - Brown 42 / Breitling 806 Re-Edition
dmhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 09:11 AM   #6
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_natural View Post
As long as you correctly represent the items (e.g. lots of pics, detailed description, etc), take payment via PayPal, and only ship to a PayPal verified address, you don't have too much to worry about on the scamming front. I've been on eBay forever and have no plans to stop buying or selling. In this case, I'd probably not offer returns.

Good luck.

Ebay is bad and only favors buyers. I recently had a bad experience on it so I’ll just pass. I wasn’t scammed but buyer lied and eBay made them return the item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 February 2018, 09:11 AM   #7
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
I recommend you keep them for weekend or casual watches ... Tough to resell modern Tag's ... If you just want to dump them .. go to a Pawn Shop ...

Weekend watch is a good idea. I’ll just keep them, not sure if there are any pawn shop around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk