The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 7 December 2014, 10:16 PM   #1
zidaneong
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex YG Datejust
Icon7 Rolex Gold Buckles Comparison

This thread serves to see the graphical difference between the Rolex Gold Buckles.

In the market, we have come across several types of Rolex Buckles which i will compare and review on the 3 types of Rolex Buckles which i own, Rolex Solid Gold Buckle, Rolex Plated Gold Buckle and Fake Rolex Buckle.

First to start off would be the 18k Rolex Solid Gold Rolex Buckle

Front View

As seen in the above photo, the shape of the crown for a Rolex Solid Gold Buckle appears to be flatter and the matchsticks are shorter.

Back View

In the above photo, there are 2 hallmarks of the Solid Gold Buckle has "RolexSA" in oval shape which denote the company while "750" which means the material in Full Gold.

Next up would be the Current Plated Gold Rolex Buckle which i got from RSC in Nov this year

Front View

The above picture shows the front view of a Rolex Plated Gold Buckle with longer matchsticks and the crown is positioned inline with the curve.

Back View

In this picture, there are 3 hallmarks, namely, RolexSA in oval shape, SWISS and PLAQUE G. The first hallmark would mean the company, second hallmark means swiss made while the last hallmark means Plated Gold. As highlighted by fellow enthusiast, the print of the original hallmark is more detailed compared to a fake.

Last but not list is a Good Quality Fake Rolex Gold Buckle which i got from one of the Preown Shop.

Front View

The above picture shows a good quality fake Rolex Gold buckle that is modelled after the Rolex Gold Plated Buckle. As we can see, the crown is more curved and the buckle catch is much fatter than the original.

Back View

The picture shows the 3 hall marks of the Fake Rolex Gold Buckle, namely, Acierinox, RolexSA in oval shape and Swiss. If i am not wrong, Acierinox is a name of a stainless steel company in spain and as for the RolexSA and Swiss, the quality of the hallmark stamp is not accurate and of poor quality.

Conclusion
The above are my findings from my 0.05 cents view on the Rolex Gold Buckles based on what i own, feel free to provide more views on the buckles for our sharing.

In addition, pandon for my poor camera skills and my poor language.
[1] Rolex TT Blue Dial Submariner 16613 (M serial) [2] Rolex YG Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial) [3] Rolex YG Datejust 16238 (L Serial) [4] Rolex YG Gold Crystal Daytona 116518 [5] Patek Philippe SS Aquanaut 5065
zidaneong is offline   Reply With Quote