The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 February 2019, 06:01 AM   #1
sitkenneth
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP SS Jumbo
Purchase Experience with Stein Diamonds

Hi Gents

I ve recently acquired a pre owned piece from Stein Diamonds through their website and come across
an issue with its conditions. I don’t know if I am worrying too much so would like to seek your opinions. Thanks in advance

It’s a pre owned 42mm offshore advertised as *LIKE NEW*. Shipping was fast and when it arrived I noticed the following. There are a few scratches on the bezel which looked minor. After all I am buying a pre owned piece. What really bothers me is that one of the edges (at 10:00 position) appeared to have been buffed such that the polished part there was wider than the other 3. (See attached pics). And tbh I am a little disappointed that this has not been mentioned prior to my purchase, nor on their website.

I brought it to AP and they said it has been buffed to remove a dent at the edge. They measured it and said the polished part of that edge is .2mm wider than standard. I then emailed Joe from Stein and he confirmed the watch has been “prepared” but insisted that its in excellent conditions.

It is not noticeable unless you hold it close but do you guys think that’s OK? Is that still a *LIKE NEW* piece?

Another issue I have is that AP here cannot find the service record and said if its polished not by them they may need to void the warranty.

What should I do?

Ken

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 93D30A1C-A7C4-4CDF-BBEF-D4C2FF497ED4.jpeg (93.6 KB, 1613 views)
File Type: jpeg B2B2131F-33A7-499C-841C-655152819F8C.jpeg (80.5 KB, 1606 views)

Last edited by sitkenneth; 23 February 2019 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: Additional info
sitkenneth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steindiamonds