The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 June 2017, 01:38 AM   #1
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Thoughts on the SD 43

I had the pleasure to try on the watch test at an AD where it had already been sold but not picked up. At the time I was wearing my 16600 COMEX. My initial thoughts are this. It is MUCH better proportioned than the DSSD. The bracelet with the better tapering is a big difference. The bezel is HUGE and thats where you see the size difference. It seems thicker than either the 16600 or the 116600. The dial is great and i do like both the cyclops and the red printing. It def would be a nice daily wearer and seems more practical than the DSSD. HOWEVER...it does really seem more like a "Super Sub" than a Sea Dweller. I can't explain why but it does. I was more excited for it before trying it on than i was after. If given a choice between it and a D Blue I would be hard pressed bec the dial of the D Blue is so much different than anything else in the line up. Overall I still think the "King" of the SD's is the 16600 rather than the new oversized sub. Just my .02
Daytonaman799 is online now   Reply With Quote