The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 6 August 2019, 11:01 AM   #31
Muxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
Hi all I was hoping you could help me decide between the hulk and the pepsi, i know they are different watches but which one gets more compliments? Like on average. I was talking to my AD the other day (who I love) and they said they get more requests for the pepsi. Frankly I don't understand why rolex isn't producing more to meet demand. Especially with the ceramic bezels which don't scratch (I banged an aluminum one time, was pretty depressed about it). Anyway, let me know what you think - I'd hate to lose money on whichever I decide, plus I got an upcoming vacation and prefer the more low key option given crime and stuff.
Hahaha so funny!
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 11:01 AM   #32
Muxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts070 View Post
1. Picking a watch - some genuinely needs another's opinion, I get lost in new malls sometimes and I ask for directions
2. Compliment - who doesn't want one sometimes?
3. AD love/hate - we learn who to deal with
4. Rolex strategy - it's a marketplace of ideas, who knows maybe Rolex gets some from us?
5. Being OC is a condition, please understand. I for one want my watches mint
6. Investment - everyone doesn't want to lose money/value, one factor that makes Rolex desirable so deal with it
7. Safety of others should not bother you, you're not their insurer.
This is a great post.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 11:06 AM   #33
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Their right to post those subjects is just the same as your right to post this. So what’s the difference?
Old 6 August 2019, 11:15 AM   #34
cloudplay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
Their right to post those subjects is just the same as your right to post this. So what’s the difference?
One difference: the other posters usually have the courtesy to make the subject of the thread clear in the title, rather than label it "Some Observations", which could easily be mistaken as offering something of substance.
cloudplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 11:43 AM   #35
CalSRQ1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 5513
We also need to realize that every day the forum adds new (and probably younger, but not always) members who are just getting into this crazy hobby. There will always be posts of “guess what I just bought a ___”. Might be hard to remember for some of us- but we probably all experienced that rush of finally acquiring a Rolex/Patek/whatever at some point. Enjoy and celebrate their enthusiasm. Someday they might be buying your watch from you- we do need to continue expanding the base here, since every day the necessity of having a mechanical watch is further in the rear view mirror.
CalSRQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 11:49 AM   #36
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Meh.... I read what I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 11:56 AM   #37
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
I’ve been a member of the forum for about a year and hopefully have made some constructive comments based on my technical knowledge of materials science and engineering. Have owned Rolexes for 30 years.

[snip]

Sorry if this presents me as a bad forum member, but there it is.
Breathtaking. Get the kids off my lawn! They irritate me! If that makes me a bad person, so be it! I told you a thousand times! Do I have to say it a thousandth and first? Like I said, that's sooooo annoying! Annoying! OMG. Facepalm! LOL!! OMGx2! My long experience in professional life affords me the license to say it one more time: Get off my lawn! Off! Didn't I say get off my lawn!? Soooo annoying!!! Thanks for listening. There it is.
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 12:11 PM   #38
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post

- Can I safely take my watch to country/city X. If you’re comfortable taking yourself and your family there, the answer is yes.

Oh wow, I never thought of it that way.

Very good way to put it.
schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 12:51 PM   #39
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Let me go on record, the posts described above actually don’t bother me. It’s having to scroll through all of them that’s the problem. I wish there were more sub-forums. For example, all ‘incoming’ could be under its own sub-forum. All ‘ADs are up to no good’ could be under its own sub-forum. And yes, it’s not just the controversial topics that should have their own sub-forum. As a DD and DJ owner, I think each reference should have its own sub-forum. I mean how many Rolex Submariner posts can there be. We all know DDs and DJs are the best! Seriously though, better categorization would be extremely helpful.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote