The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 September 2018, 07:06 AM   #1
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Is the new BLRO (126710) pink?

I’ve been looking at the new BLRO online and it appears the red looks pinkish? Has anyone else seen that? Perhaps it’s just the lighting for those pictures. Can you post a pic of your BLRO if you have one?
SFBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:09 AM   #2
ALF61
"TRF" Member

No. And the blue is not purple. I have seen enough very high quality youtube videos on three different smart TVs and the colors are ever so nice !!
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:10 AM   #3
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
I’ve been looking at the new BLRO online and it appears the red looks pinkish? Has anyone else seen that? Perhaps it’s just the lighting for those pictures. Can you post a pic of your BLRO if you have one?
Dude, are you serious? There are tens of threads on this. Come on! :-)
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:18 AM   #4
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Do some searching. Plenty of recent threads on this. I recall Tyler1980 having a great post in one of those threads with different photos of his SS BLRO in a variety of lighting conditions. Very helpful reference until you can see one in-person yourself.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:23 AM   #5
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Do some searching. Plenty of recent threads on this. I recall Tyler1980 having a great post in one of those threads with different photos of his SS BLRO in a variety of lighting conditions. Very helpful reference until you can see one in-person yourself.
Thank you!
Old 19 September 2018, 07:26 AM   #6
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf, DD40, SkyD.
Yes, it is not red and blue. The red has a pinkish tint in most lighting and the blue has a purple tint. They are more of a raspberry and blueberry color.
DocHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:28 AM   #7
T01
"TRF" Member

Search
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:28 AM   #8
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHorton View Post
Yes, it is not red and blue. The red has a pinkish tint in most lighting and the blue has a purple tint. They are more of a raspberry and blueberry color.
So here we go, others do see it that way
Old 19 September 2018, 07:29 AM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Is the new BLRO (126710) pink?

not this again.

If you like the watch the colors are perfect. If you don't like it the colors are whatever you want them to be

I’ll post this again so you can see how a smartphone renders colours vs a proper camera that better captures what your eyes see. Others will disagree though . Doesnt help that a surprising number of people never gave the WG BLRO a look when it was readily available so the number of people who have seen/handled one IRL isnt as large as you would think. Its the same bezel FWIW. And in crappy AD lighting/ Fluorescent light it doesnt look as nice but no different than most watches. My Pateks look bad in bad lighting too.

current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 07:34 AM   #10
Sam777
"TRF" Member

I think one person telling him he's made a mistake and should search instead is fine and required. I don't see how several people parroting in to say the same thing is helpful in anyway. One/two would suffice.
Sam777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:31 AM   #11
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam777 View Post
I think one person telling him he's made a mistake and should search instead is fine and required. I don't see how several people parroting in to say the same thing is helpful in anyway. One/two would suffice.
I’m curious, if the thread bothered you so much then why did you respond?
Old 19 September 2018, 08:38 AM   #12
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Here was Tyler's comparison post that I was talking about: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...6&postcount=56

That thread, along with a few others, have other useful comparison pictures as well.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:42 AM   #13
peterpl
Banned

Its been discussed many many times and yes I'm on the camp that believe the bezel colors are not right.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:48 AM   #14
ALF61
"TRF" Member

SF Bay check out the videos on youtube. That is your best bet. There are three good ones

London Watch collector--both the comparison with the BLNR and the individual BLRO

The Urban Gentry

JustBlueFih

All videos are in very good quality and your questions will be answered.
Old 19 September 2018, 08:49 AM   #15
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Its been discussed many many times and yes I'm on the camp that believe the bezel colors are not right.
Do you own one ?
Old 19 September 2018, 08:50 AM   #16
~Haze~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
Dude, are you serious? There are tens of threads on this. Come on! :-)
So what’s one more?

If the conversation is of interest, the thread generates a real, decent conversation.

If it doesn’t, is just falls in to the abyss of uninteresting thread topics. What’s the big deal? Either way, it will work itself out. That’s the beauty of the free market.
~Haze~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:51 AM   #17
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I tried one on in person and although they're not as vibrant as the aluminum bezels were they are nice. I think some people that don't like them are comparing them to the 16710

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 08:53 AM   #18
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
Do you own one ?
No and the bezel color is the primary reason why I dont. Otherwise I would have bought the WG one years ago.
Old 19 September 2018, 09:04 AM   #19
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No and the bezel color is the primary reason why I dont. Otherwise I would have bought the WG one years ago.
Then your opinion is less relevant I am sorry to say. I had the same thoughts until I saw one in person and the colors are what the videos that I outlined paint them to be. Very beautiful colors. There seems to be a conspiracy to lessen interest on this beautiful watch since demand is so high it speaks for itself.
Old 19 September 2018, 09:09 AM   #20
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Not right to you maybe.

I really like the colors. And think they are just right.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 09:30 AM   #21
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you own one ?
Quote:
Quote:
Then your opinion is less relevant I am sorry to say. I had the same thoughts until I saw one in person and the colors are what the videos that I outlined paint them to be. Very beautiful colors. There seems to be a conspiracy to lessen interest on this beautiful watch since demand is so high it speaks for itself.
So you saw one and watched some videos and now your opinion matters more? Lol.

A lot of us have seen the BLRO in person, just because we didn't buy it because the colors aren't appealing doesn't mean your opinion is more valuable.
Old 19 September 2018, 09:33 AM   #22
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Not right to you maybe.

I really like the colors. And think they are just right.
x2.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 09:36 AM   #23
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

Here you go. Next to the 2018 catalogue for reference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 September 2018, 09:41 AM   #24
markseattle
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR-Daytona C
Quote:

If you own the new BLRO and or plan to get one and or generally like it your question may irritate. And I think that’s why you’re getting some of the responses you are getting here now.

The fact is there are very few questions or threads on here that are not repeated ad nausea, after all it’s a watch forum. There are some questions or threads that irriitate me, so I move on to the next thread just as we can all do on this tread. I personally find the thread interesting, not because the bezel may be purplish or pinkish (they are) and not because it has a jubilee bracelet (that I personally like) but because of the shift in “Forum Opinion” on the BLRO. Many on here like the colors on the bezel and the new jubilee bracelet and that’s fine, others wish it had a truer blue and red bezel and that’s okay too.

Mark
markseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 09:49 AM   #25
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

If you're in the Bay Area, it's not hard to just go check for yourself -- the gold version of the watch is all over the place.

I've seen both the gold and steel versions in person under a variety of lighting and find that the colors do have a very slight magenta and purple tinge, but not nearly to the degree that appears in a lot of photos. I have trouble imagining how anyone seeing the watch for the first time wouldn't immediately describe it as simply red and blue.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 10:00 AM   #26
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
If you're in the Bay Area, it's not hard to just go check for yourself -- the gold version of the watch is all over the place.

I've seen both the gold and steel versions in person under a variety of lighting and find that the colors do have a very slight magenta and purple tinge, but not nearly to the degree that appears in a lot of photos. I have trouble imagining how anyone seeing the watch for the first time wouldn't immediately describe it as simply red and blue.
I love the colors in the catalogue, I just saw a few pics that looked very different from the catalogue and therefore posed the simple question for those who’ve seen it in person. That’s all.
Old 19 September 2018, 10:01 AM   #27
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHorton View Post
So you saw one and watched some videos and now your opinion matters more? Lol.

A lot of us have seen the BLRO in person, just because we didn't buy it because the colors aren't appealing doesn't mean your opinion is more valuable.
Geez its just opinion. I dont give a damn if anyone takes it on board. Their money if they are happy with the colors go buy one. Simple.

I'm not holding a gun to anyones head saying to buy one or not. Its my observation and I'm merely giving my perspective to the OP that is all.
Old 19 September 2018, 10:04 AM   #28
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
I bought the SS model and it’s definitely red and blue. However they are somewhat faded colours which may or may not be your thing.

It’s probably not exactly what Rolex ideally wanted but there are restrictions due to the manufacturing method. Also, the marketing images are not at all representative being vibrant and metallic looking. I personally prefer the faded colours, they have a cooler retro vibe, the vibrant colour would just be too much on that oversized bezel.

Still my preferred colour on ceramic bezels remains black by some margin, but the BLRO is still a great and fun addition to any Rolex fan’s collection.
justdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2018, 10:06 AM   #29
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdate View Post
I bought the SS model and it’s definitely red and blue. However they are somewhat faded colours which may or may not be your thing. It’s probably not exactly what Rolex ideally wanted but there are restrictions due to the manufacturing method.

The marketing images are not at all representative being vibrant and metallic looking. I personally prefer the faded colours, they have a cooler retro vibe, the vibrant colour would just be too much on that oversized bezel.

Still my preferred colour on ceramic bezels remains black by some margin, but the BLRO is still a great and fun addition to any Rolex fan’s collection.
Thank you, great non defensive response to my original question.
Old 19 September 2018, 10:51 AM   #30
DocHorton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Geez its just opinion. I dont give a damn if anyone takes it on board. Their money if they are happy with the colors go buy one. Simple.

I'm not holding a gun to anyones head saying to buy one or not. Its my observation and I'm merely giving my perspective to the OP that is all.
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the guy who said your opinion wasn't relevant because you didn't own one. I was agreeing with you.