The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 November 2018, 04:01 PM   #1
mosanman
"TRF" Member

Incoming!!

Very excited to show my newest acquisition which I picked up last night after work.:-)

But before that, just a brief recap on my watch journey through 2018 and how I ended up at this piece.

So I kicked off the year with the 116613LN.

I was actually after the 116610LN but due to the SS shortages, and this being the only reference available on display at the AD I decided to pick it up.
Mistake! and lesson learnt... always wait for the watch you really want because unless that itch is scratched, it will ultimately come back.

It's a beautiful watch, but for me personally, I couldn't get on with the gold, it was too flashy and I don't think it suited me.
Because of this, I wore it on a nato most of the time and ended up flipping it by the 3rd or 4th week.

I then managed to get hold of a SubC, and initially was over the moon with it.

But then I started to fall out of love with the wide lugs and thicker caseback which makes it sit higher on my wrist than my GMTc. I find the GMT to wear much more comfortable on the wrist than the SubC, and I'm sure many will relate that once you get that feeling of doubt over a watch, it never really goes away.

So ultimately, after a month, I sold it to a friend.
With that SubC lust finally satisfied, I wanted something different, and fancied something on a jubilee.

Initially I was looking at a DJ41, but after trying one on, the lug to lug was way too big for my skinny wrists and looked huge.
So I ended up getting a DJ36, and plus, I preferred the thinner bezel over the 41.

I actually really liked this watch and still do. It was a good size for my wrist and the jubilee was ultra comfy.

I even had fun switching it onto various NATOs during the summer.

Because I wore the DJ on a nato a lot, I fitted the jubilee onto my GMTc. This gave me an idea of how the new Pepsi would wear. I really liked how the jubilee looked on a sports watch, and it wore so much more comfortably than the oyster, much lighter and it shortens the lug to lug.

After this, I knew exactly what I wanted next.
Tbh, I didn't really want to sell the DJ but it had to be done in order to fund the next purchase, and plus I'm usually a one watch type of guy.

SO without further ado...

And after a fiddly 30mins of removing all the stickers and adjusting the jubilee, the obligatory wrist shot...

It probably seems unbalance to everyone that I would get rid of the DJ36 and have two GMTs in my Rolex collection.
I was contemplating getting rid of the LN, but I think with the oyster and black bezel it's enough of a different look to justify keeping.
Plus, I still love it!
For now, I've put it back on an isofrane for a completely different look and to use as my daily beater.

Definitely my last purchase of the year, and hopefully for while.
I don't see myself getting another Rolex anytime soon, unless a non-super case Sub or 39mm DJ is introduced at Baselworld 2019, which is unlikely.
So I will just enjoy the Pepsi for now.

Thanks for reading.
mosanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2018, 07:14 PM   #2
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Congrats and nice collection