The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 October 2018, 10:16 AM   #1
PJ S
Banned

If you’re going to go for a Grand Seiko Chronograph, personally I’d opt for the non-GMT’d version — SBGB001 & 003

Looking beyond, and if you’re drawn to the hi-beat of the Zenith, then you’ve the Bulgarian Octo Velocissmo.
Further, you’ve the LE Chopard L.U.C. Chrono One, the Blancpain L–Evolution and Bathyscaphe Chronographs, as well as the Air Command, if you like that style of bezel.
Then there is the Parmigiani Fleurier Pershing 002 & 003, the Tonda Metrographe, the Girard–Perregaux Laureato Chronograph, the Piaget Polo S Chronograph, and Glashütte Original Seventies or Senator Chronographs.
And, as if it even needed saying, there’s the 2nd Gen Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph... if you are able to push the budget by another grand or two.

In other words, you’ve a plethora to mull over before beginning the shortlisting process.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
If you’re going to go for a Grand Seiko Chronograph, personally I’d opt for the non-GMT’d version — SBGB001 & 003

Looking beyond, and if you’re drawn to the hi-beat of the Zenith, then you’ve the Bulgarian Octo Velocissmo.
Further, you’ve the LE Chopard L.U.C. Chrono One, the Blancpain L–Evolution and Bathyscaphe Chronographs, as well as the Air Command, if you like that style of bezel.
Then there is the Parmigiani Fleurier Pershing 002 & 003, the Tonda Metrographe, the Girard–Perregaux Laureato Chronograph, the Piaget Polo S Chronograph, and Glashütte Original Seventies or Senator Chronographs.
And, as if it even needed saying, there’s the 2nd Gen Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph... if you are able to push the budget by another grand or two.

In other words, you’ve a plethora to mull over before beginning the shortlisting process.
Lol, I know there are a million options in my price range...but I feel like I’d know immediately when I put it on my wrist that that particular watch is the one. I also need to make damn sure it’s the one I want because it will be the only chronograph in my collection. Thanks for all the homework!
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2018, 06:09 PM   #3
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txkill View Post
Lol, I know there are a million options in my price range...but I feel like I’d know immediately when I put it on my wrist that that particular watch is the one. I also need to make damn sure it’s the one I want because it will be the only chronograph in my collection. Thanks for all the homework!
You’re welcome! A bit of homework never hurt anyone.
Since you’re buying something without agonising over its future residual value, then you may as well really take the time to see what can be had for your budget (new & pre–owned), that matches up with your definition of “the one”.

I left out a few, not least the likes of Breguet Type XX/XXI/XXII, IWC Spitfire, and Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph (not to be confused with the Big Bang) as I concentrated on those with a true in-house movement, nicely decorated to admire, or with an interesting design in the case of the Bvlgari, GO, and G-P.
Maybe I should’ve mentioned the quirky Pierre Kunz Sport too...?
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote