The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 January 2019, 10:14 AM   #1
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Current Navitimer vs ??

My first luxury purchase was an Avenger 2 Seawolf (in yellow), and I love that watch, its still my daily wearer. (my collection has grown to 4 watches since).

I finally have come around to wanting to add another Breitling piece, and have fallen for the Navitimer.

For my wrist (around 7") the 43mm navitimer looks perfect, i can do 46mm but the 43 looks better imo.

I like the idea of owning a house-movement version so a watch with the B01 caliber looks right, and now i'm just trying to decide if i should go with the current blue dial with the B logo .. or try to find a used version with the wings logo ..

my question is whether there was a version of the navitimer 1 (with the b01 movement) in a blue dial with an applied wings logo (not stamped) made in large quantities ...

so far i'm not sure if there were other applied logo versions of the blue dial and wings logo other than the honor flight special editions ...

-- got a chance to try it on at the boutique at the forum shops in las vegas.

IMG_20190115_133226.jpg
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 12:38 PM   #2
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo-sf View Post
my question is whether there was a version of the navitimer 1 (with the b01 movement) in a blue dial with an applied wings logo (not stamped) made in large quantities ...

Unfortunately, most blue dialled Navitimers since the introduction of the B01 movement and with the wings logo are limited or special editions, and most of those have been 46mm watches. The Honor Flight is one exception on size, but still limited. There may be others, but they might be country specific and still limited I'd suggest.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 01:45 PM   #3
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
Unfortunately, most blue dialled Navitimers since the introduction of the B01 movement and with the wings logo are limited or special editions, and most of those have been 46mm watches. The Honor Flight is one exception on size, but still limited. There may be others, but they might be country specific and still limited I'd suggest.
Yeah, I think the only blue 43mm version with wings has arabics and was limited to 1,000. There should be some available but they may take some calling around. I'd check with the boutiques to see if they could possibly track one down.

If not, that version looks pretty good on your wrist.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 02:19 PM   #4
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
Yeah, I think the only blue 43mm version with wings has arabics and was limited to 1,000. There should be some available but they may take some calling around. I'd check with the boutiques to see if they could possibly track one down.

If not, that version looks pretty good on your wrist.
this is the conclusion i'm coming to, the B logo looks ok .. (i love the wings logo) .. i think i may just give myself a deadline .. like 6 months .. and if i can't find what i'm looking for then, just buy a current model.

might also depend on what sort of discount the AD offers me ..
Old 20 January 2019, 06:30 PM   #5
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

If this is something you are interested in, it is for sale on an Australian-only Facebook group. Bought in 2016, serviced in 2018, full box and paper and balance of five year worldwide warranty. Not my watch, but just trying to help out.

Price is AU$7850, so in the vicinity of US$5650 depending on payment method exchange rate.
Old 20 January 2019, 06:49 PM   #6
mjr24
Banned

Hate the B logo....totally has ruined the look of the watches for me.

I'm actually looking to sell both of my Breitlings right now and downsize to the 46mm B01 Navitimer (with wings logo) but I'm having a ridiculously hard time finding buyers. I am buying the B01 because the black dial is timeless.....but other than that, never again on a Breitling. I am going to take a huge bath on my Bentley. If these were Rolex watches, they would have sold in a week.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 12:35 AM   #7
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Hate the B logo....totally has ruined the look of the watches for me.

I'm actually looking to sell both of my Breitlings right now and downsize to the 46mm B01 Navitimer (with wings logo) but I'm having a ridiculously hard time finding buyers. I am buying the B01 because the black dial is timeless.....but other than that, never again on a Breitling. I am going to take a huge bath on my Bentley. If these were Rolex watches, they would have sold in a week.

I could not agree more. The wings were iconic and consistent with the Navi as a pilot watch. Really changes the dial for my eyes. I also wish they would put the B01 in the classic 41mm case, as my wrists are only 6.5 inches. As it is now, I have the older one with the eta movement, but with the wings at the top!
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 07:52 AM   #8
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

If you want a blue dial, I’d look at getting the new PanAm limited version. It doesn’t have the wings but the red accents and vintage vibe make it a really interesting watch.
Old 21 January 2019, 07:54 AM   #9
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you want a blue dial, I’d look at getting the new PanAm limited version. It doesn’t have the wings but the red accents and vintage vibe make it a really interesting watch.

Good call
Old 21 January 2019, 08:01 AM   #10
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

For reference, here is the PanAm version. I’d also check out the Swissair and the TWA versions as well.

Old 21 January 2019, 09:47 AM   #11
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

I was checking out the airline versions .. the TWA is intriguing .. while the red in the PanAM version kind of turns me off ..

those are interesting versions...

not quite sure about the hands in the Panam version either .. (squared off on the ends) .. one thing i'm learning though is that there are many versions of the navitimer.

breitling has not been shy about modifying it along the way.
Old 21 January 2019, 09:50 AM   #12
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If this is something you are interested in, it is for sale on an Australian-only Facebook group. Bought in 2016, serviced in 2018, full box and paper and balance of five year worldwide warranty. Not my watch, but just trying to help out.

Price is AU$7850, so in the vicinity of US$5650 depending on payment method exchange rate.
do you have a link to the facebook group?
Old 21 January 2019, 09:59 AM   #13
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

What about a preowned black dial with the wings and the B03 rattrapante movement? I’m pretty sure my AD has a couple of those. He’s also got the white B01 limited edition Navitimer available.
Old 21 January 2019, 10:49 AM   #14
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What about a preowned black dial with the wings and the B03 rattrapante movement? I’m pretty sure my AD has a couple of those. He’s also got the white B01 limited edition Navitimer available.
I would love to own a rattrapante version .. but aren't those all 46mm?
Old 21 January 2019, 11:44 AM   #15
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
While the Honor Flight series was 43 mm the one that most people have not mentioned is the the first blue Navitimer with the B01 movement and that is the Blue Sky Edition that was issued in Oct of 2012 and limited to 500 pieces. It is extremely difficult to find second hand. All of the pieces came with baton markers, no arabic numbers at all. Truly a beautiful piece!
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2019, 11:48 AM   #16
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Justin, normally you and I see eye to eye but I have to disagree with you on this. If the Schneider's had released this line of navitimer's with that coloring they would have been laughed at! I am still wondering if Kerns is going to release a green version to celebrate Air Lingus!!
Old 21 January 2019, 11:50 AM   #17
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would love to own a rattrapante version .. but aren't those all 46mm?
FYI, the B03 Rattrapante is 45mm and extremely thicker than the regular Navitimer. Make sure you try it on before you purchase!!
Old 21 January 2019, 11:50 AM   #18
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56scooter View Post
While the Honor Flight series was 43 mm the one that most people have not mentioned is the the first blue Navitimer with the B01 movement and that is the Blue Sky Edition that was issued in Oct of 2012 and limited to 500 pieces. It is extremely difficult to find second hand. All of the pieces came with baton markers, no arabic numbers at all. Truly a beautiful piece!
a reasonable approach to finding one of these rare birds would be to buy a black dialed 43mm .. used .. then flip it when i find a blue dial.

talking to the AD, she mentioned that alot of buyers bemoan the lack of wings on the logo ..

i wonder if we'll see a return to the wings within a few years
Old 21 January 2019, 11:51 AM   #19
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
FYI, the B03 Rattrapante is 45mm and extremely thicker than the regular Navitimer. Make sure you try it on before you purchase!!
i have zero use for a chronograph, less for a split seconds complication .. but i want it -- i just want to know its there, on my wrist ..

if they make a 43mm ratrappante some day, i'll be at the AD day one to buy it.
Old 21 January 2019, 01:50 PM   #20
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Justin, normally you and I see eye to eye but I have to disagree with you on this. If the Schneider's had released this line of navitimer's with that coloring they would have been laughed at! I am still wondering if Kerns is going to release a green version to celebrate Air Lingus!!
I do agree that the PanAm may not be for everyone. I understand the color scheme may be a bit loud for some people. The ideal version would be the TWA version, and if I didn't already own the Airborne in a similar color scheme, it would be very tempting to pick up.

Quote:
FYI, the B03 Rattrapante is 45mm and extremely thicker than the regular Navitimer. Make sure you try it on before you purchase!
I forgot they were 45mm.
Old 21 January 2019, 05:12 PM   #21
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
do you have a link to the facebook group?

It won’t help as it is a closed group for Aussies and Kiwis, and there is a strict verification requirement. I can approach the seller and then put the two of you in touch with each other via PM here (if he is a member) or through Facebook Messenger (probably better).
Old 22 January 2019, 09:58 AM   #22
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I could not agree more. The wings were iconic and consistent with the Navi as a pilot watch. Really changes the dial for my eyes. I also wish they would put the B01 in the classic 41mm case, as my wrists are only 6.5 inches. As it is now, I have the older one with the eta movement, but with the wings at the top!
i have a 6.5" wrist also -- you could rock the 43mm case , looks absolutely perfect.
Old 17 March 2019, 01:48 PM   #23
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Quote:
For reference, here is the PanAm version. I’d also check out the Swissair and the TWA versions as well.

I've always wanted a navi on oem mesh bracelet, but not sure about the red.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote