The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 27 January 2019, 12:36 PM   #31
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
I’ve met so many amazing people as a result of this hobby it’s unreal. People, just like the OP, Chad, who I wouldn’t hesitate sending 45k to in an instant. It’s unfortunate that a few bad apples really make it hard to maintain that trust. That’s why I find it so important to maintain the relationships that I do have, people who always keep their word. Stay safe out there folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2, I've not done a deal with Chad but would have no problem with wiring him $. He's a stand up guy...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 12:42 PM   #32
77T

Chad
What platform did this scammer use to advertise the watch you thought you were buying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 02:49 PM   #33
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
I’ve met so many amazing people as a result of this hobby it’s unreal. People, just like the OP, Chad, who I wouldn’t hesitate sending 45k to in an instant. It’s unfortunate that a few bad apples really make it hard to maintain that trust. That’s why I find it so important to maintain the relationships that I do have, people who always keep their word. Stay safe out there folks.

I agree with this 100%.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 04:54 PM   #34
grnbean
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05carbondrz View Post
I agree with this 100%.
+1

Man I really hate scammers...
Really hoping things work out for Chad
grnbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 05:39 PM   #35
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
If are willing to blindly send 45K to a person that you do not know, then you simply do not care much about your money. And if you do not care about your money then why should the F.B.I. or anybody else care?
By the way I have a bridge in Brooklyn up for sale, wire me 25K and I will sign it over to you. You can even put up your own toll booth and get rich.

michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 09:29 PM   #36
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
If are willing to blindly send 45K to a person that you do not know, then you simply do not care much about your money. And if you do not care about your money then why should the F.B.I. or anybody else care?
By the way I have a bridge in Brooklyn up for sale, wire me 25K and I will sign it over to you. You can even put up your own toll booth and get rich.
Pretty obviously because the FBI exists to catch criminals, not judge victims

It is at least heartening to know that a perfect human being exists who has never made a mistake in his life. Because you must be that guy to have posted the written equivalent of a kick in a man’s pills whilst he’s unconscious.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 09:42 PM   #37
Brew
"TRF" Member

Quote:

A member candidly posts his experience, in an honest effort to help other members, and this is your response? Grow up and shut up, please. Others will benefit from OP's post, not yours.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 11:24 PM   #38
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
I feel really badly for Chad and sure how he can recover funds. I am really amazed that people keep talking about “ buying the seller” which is good but don’t seem to worry about wiring a seller who they have checked out or even had previous dealings w. I can tell you from experience, never,never no matter who send money except by AMX , pay pal , or trusted seller - preferably AMX and pp or ts. At least use AMX . You would be amazed how quickly any unforeseen problems with a piece sent to you. Even a reputable seller can make a mistake but I can tell you if they have funds w/o you protecting yourself they will not work quickly if at all to resolve problems- period . Hope this saves someone a lot of grief before it happens .:-))
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 11:31 PM   #39
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
**SCAMMED for $45,500 by HASSAN IMTIAZ CHOHAN ***

Quote:

I’d be willing to bet $45,000 that you’re that guy who sits alone at the lunch table...

Old 27 January 2019, 11:43 PM   #40
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Icon13

Quote:

The OP is asking for help as well as providing the forum with information to deter future scams from this individual and this is how you respond? Clearly you don't understand the spirit of TRF and perhaps you should reconsider replying to posts like this. Not very nice.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 11:53 PM   #41
Jocke

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
A really sad story of this, unfortunately, it is becoming more and more of these now that the criminals cannot rob banks, stores
or value transfers for a long time when cash occurs less and less. Even if the fraudster gets stuck, there is no money to collect
because they often carry a large debt mountain. I hope that the fraudster gets stuck, because it is too damn if they manage to
fool honest people over and over again.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2019, 11:57 PM   #42
Jocke

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Quote:

I believe you are a scammer too. Will you post a pic of the bridge with todays newspaper with your alias written on to proof you own the bridge?

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 12:02 AM   #43
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
I believe you are a scammer too. Will you post a pic of the bridge with todays newspaper with your alias written on to proof you own the bridge?
Nicely done...
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 12:08 AM   #44
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Man, really sorry to hear. Hope it doesn’t ruin your vacation and hope they catch this clown ASAP.
Old 28 January 2019, 01:38 AM   #45
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:

C’mon dude... not nice.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 02:08 AM   #46
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

There's always one.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 02:28 AM   #47
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:

The OP is trying to help the TRF community and your thanks is being a douche....nice

..and to answer your question, the FBI would investigate because he is a victim. What if the police wouldn't investigate a mugging because the victim should not have been on the dark street to begin with; hindsight is 20/20 but he is still a victim.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 03:03 AM   #48
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

Come on, someone loses that kind of money and you post this? You should be thrown off that bridge.
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 03:37 AM   #49
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Quote:

Everyone is tough on the internet, I’m sure you would say that to the guys face, class act

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:05 AM   #50
05carbondrz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
The OP is trying to help the TRF community and your thanks is being a douche....nice

..and to answer your question, the FBI would investigate because he is a victim. What if the police wouldn't investigate a mugging because the victim should not have been on the dark street to begin with; hindsight is 20/20 but he is still a victim.
Sadly this is not the Case,The Local authorities AND the FBI aren’t going to do any real investigation....Sadfully they look at it just like he posted,Another “Rich” Guy lost out.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:37 AM   #51
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sadly this is not the Case,The Local authorities AND the FBI aren’t going to do any real investigation....Sadfully they look at it just like he posted,Another “Rich” Guy lost out.
If there are more victims as OP suggests and the sums involved are not insignificant, there is a better chance the authorities will take it more seriously. Unfortunately if the scammers house is in foreclosure there may not be much in the way of financial assets to go after. Might be worth hiring a local investigator to try and uncover other assets that could be brought into play. Maybe pool resources with the other victims.
Old 28 January 2019, 05:39 AM   #52
dan993
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Really you need to think about what you have to say
dan993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 05:45 AM   #53
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan993 View Post
Really you need to think about what you have to say
Dan993=> refers to Porsche 993?
Old 28 January 2019, 06:23 AM   #54
dan993
"TRF" Member

Yeh I do like a 993 Porsche
dan993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 07:36 AM   #55
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear of your grief. It can be difficult to admit one got scammed but you pushed past that to warn others. The biggest reason scammers get traction is the scammed parties are usually reluctant to go public. You are a good guy doing a great service to others by your warning, very selfless of you to share. To the negative victim shaming noise makers, what goes around comes around. Thanks again OP for posting your experience. We all get complacent from time to time so don’t be to hard on yourself, you did nothing wrong.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 08:44 AM   #56
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Quote:

TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 09:43 AM   #57
chad362wiley
"TRF" Member

Thank you to everyone for your concern. I have no intention of letting my ego get in the way of preventing this guy from taking others. I made a mistake that is all my own. I am to blame.
Old 28 January 2019, 09:59 AM   #58
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Being a retired LEO, I respectfully disagree. Aside from the actual theft, there are several other internet crimes as well as crimes for committing such acts across state lines etc. And definitely if he is not the only victim of this guy. I may agree with you if it was a small loss and single victim but not $45G.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 10:07 AM   #59
ThatExplorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Being a retired LEO, I respectfully disagree. Aside from the actual theft, there are several other internet crimes as well as crimes for committing such acts across state lines etc. And definitely if he is not the only victim of this guy. I may agree with you if it was a small loss and single victim but not $45G.

I have a few close friends that work with state law enforcement, and after speaking to one of them they said the local state authorities should have an “interstate crime division” that would head this up, as well as Federal law enforcement due to crossing state lines, Mail Fraud, Grand Theft, etc...

ThatExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2019, 01:10 PM   #60
Travelair007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatExplorer View Post
I have a few close friends that work with state law enforcement, and after speaking to one of them they said the local state authorities should have an “interstate crime division” that would head this up, as well as Federal law enforcement due to crossing state lines, Mail Fraud, Grand Theft, etc...

+1

We just had a recent story with a happy ending where a local detective stepped in and helped a TRF member recover $10k. Different circumstances but still, the LEOs stepped in and helped!!
Travelair007 is offline   Reply With Quote