The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 November 2018, 08:01 AM   #31
klenboy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The waitlist on a popular Tudor is liveable. On a Rolex SS sport/professional, well.... that takes more effort to deal with.
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 01:11 PM   #32
avidflyer
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’ve seen more ss rolex than Tudor GMT lately.....but that’s not saying much
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 01:22 PM   #33
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I wouldn't pay any premium for that watch. This is Tudor, not Rolex after all. I don't expect them the play the games with supply that they do with the Rolex SS models. Get with a few AD's and I would be you'll have one by July or August at the latest at MSRP.
Does Rolex make you ding dong ding?
Old 17 November 2018, 11:12 PM   #34
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
Does Rolex make you ding dong ding?
Not exactly sure how to answer that, but I love and own both Rolex and Tudor. The difference (until recently at least) is you can go to the Tudor display and see (gasp) actual Tudor watches in the case. Unlike Rolex displays which tend to be nothing but empty cases. Tudor does seem to be heading in that direction too lately with the new releases. My comment still stands, not willing to pay a premium for a Tudor watch at this point. I'll wait it out for my Pepsi...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2018, 08:08 AM   #35
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Myself, I'm not interested, it's a great piece I'm sure as all Tudors. I have two and do not give them enough wrist time as it is. Once the dust settles, which could be awhile now due to the non-shipment problems their having with the date issue I'm sure they will be had at msrp and below.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2018, 04:14 AM   #36
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

Hi Everybody,
I have been away for a while but now I'm back with my new Tudor GMT. I was not sure what I would think of this watch before going to the AD. I have owned many GMT master II's and was apprehensive about the Tudor model. Once I got it on my wrist I could not have been more pleased. The quality is spot on and the color combo of the bezel dial is nice and subdued, just to my liking. most important though is the snowflake blizzard. Love, love the snowflake design of the hour and second hands.
The crazy thing about this purchase is how it evolved. I sent an email to the Ad to ask if there was an available GMT. To my surprise, it was available so I went to have a look. After falling in love with it I decided it would have to home with me. What I didn't expect to hear was that the watch was not for sale! The AD said that there was a 3-month waitlist and the watch at hand was delivered from Tudor without a guarantee card. Apparently, the AD has been waiting for the card to come but it has not arrived yet so the watch was not to be sold. I told him how bummed I was about the situation and mentioned that I had purchased more than 10 watches there over the years and I had hoped he would do me a favor by selling me the watch and take delivery of the card when it comes. I guess he felt bad about the whole situation because I got to walk out with the watch and with a big reduction to boot. The leather strap and deployment have been ordered and expect to have the missing card within a few weeks...
mk2jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 10:17 AM   #37
Bora20
"TRF" Member

I would not pay a cent over Msrp. I called one AD yesterday and they wanted a $2000 deposit to put me on an unknown delivery waitlist. Called another AD 20 km away and they had one delivered that morning that was not spoken for. Price was msrp.
Bora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 11:39 AM   #38
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2jag View Post
Hi Everybody,

I have been away for a while but now I'm back with my new Tudor GMT. I was not sure what I would think of this watch before going to the AD. I have owned many GMT master II's and was apprehensive about the Tudor model. Once I got it on my wrist I could not have been more pleased. The quality is spot on and the color combo of the bezel dial is nice and subdued, just to my liking. most important though is the snowflake blizzard. Love, love the snowflake design of the hour and second hands.

The crazy thing about this purchase is how it evolved. I sent an email to the Ad to ask if there was an available GMT. To my surprise, it was available so I went to have a look. After falling in love with it I decided it would have to home with me. What I didn't expect to hear was that the watch was not for sale! The AD said that there was a 3-month waitlist and the watch at hand was delivered from Tudor without a guarantee card. Apparently, the AD has been waiting for the card to come but it has not arrived yet so the watch was not to be sold. I told him how bummed I was about the situation and mentioned that I had purchased more than 10 watches there over the years and I had hoped he would do me a favor by selling me the watch and take delivery of the card when it comes. I guess he felt bad about the whole situation because I got to walk out with the watch and with a big reduction to boot. The leather strap and deployment have been ordered and expect to have the missing card within a few weeks...

Nice to have fortune on you side! Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 05:19 PM   #39
yamagata
"TRF" Member

They are out there. I called an AD in a not-so-busy city and got a call back 2 weeks later. But picked one up in Barcelona in the meantime. Not all ADs are getting them. Be persistent.
yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 05:25 PM   #40
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonexsp View Post
I am having a good giggle at all the people trying to sell Black Bay GMT's now for more than they paid, when they are becoming quite readily available with very short wait times.

I saw one here in Canada try to pretend what he paid in Canadian $ was a $US purchase.

Happy to wait for the market to be more flooded by BB GMT's
x2 As a prospective pre-owned buyer I'm also waiting for more with 'full datewheel service history'.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 06:12 PM   #41
MJ8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Would not pay over retail.
MJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 06:58 PM   #42
q8rolex
"TRF" Member

great watch has become my daily.
q8rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2018, 12:35 AM   #43
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Thinking with the date wheel issue it may be good that I have had to wait a little bit to pick one up. Hopefully the newer deliveries won't have the problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2018, 03:42 AM   #44
yamagata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Thinking with the date wheel issue it may be good that I have had to wait a little bit to pick one up. Hopefully the newer deliveries won't have the problem.
No problems with mine that I picked up late October.
yamagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2018, 03:45 AM   #45
640alex
"TRF" Member

Don’t pay over retail. I’d check the classifieds on the forum. You’ll save a little money buying pre owned and still have plenty of warranty.
640alex is offline   Reply With Quote