The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 5 August 2022, 09:33 AM   #1
remz07twos
"TRF" Member

New Grand Seiko Night Birch and Others

Looks like some of the recently announced Grnad Seikos are hitting stores. Taking a look im a huge fan of the Night Birch. The price point is pushing it a little at $10400 but I bet the bigger bracelet in titanium will feel a lot more premium than the snowflake.

The blue on the SBGY009 is hard to see in the video but I’m sure it’s like the rest of the GS pieces that are impossible to photograph.

What do you think?

https://youtu.be/TzNN1tKWRM0
remz07twos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 09:38 AM   #2
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remz07twos View Post
Looks like some of the recently announced Grnad Seikos are hitting stores. Taking a look im a huge fan of the Night Birch. The price point is pushing it a little at $10400 but I bet the bigger bracelet in titanium will feel a lot more premium than the snowflake.

The blue on the SBGY009 is hard to see in the video but I’m sure it’s like the rest of the GS pieces that are impossible to photograph.

What do you think?

https://youtu.be/TzNN1tKWRM0
I am really interested in the Night Birch and plan to check it out in person. That being said my two main concerns:

1) It looks more like a dark grey when I’d prefer a much more dark and richer black.

2) The issues with the Hi-Beat movement and it running way too fast.

I’m really hoping they do a Spring Drive version with a darker dial. If that happens it would be an instant buy for me.
FrugalGreubel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 09:50 AM   #3
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
I am really interested in the Night Birch and plan to check it out in person. That being said my two main concerns:

1) It looks more like a dark grey when I’d prefer a much more dark and richer black.

I’m really hoping they do a Spring Drive version with a darker dial. If that happens it would be an instant buy for me.
It looked to me more of a lighting issue as it looks like there were some harsh direct lighting situations here.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 10:20 AM   #4
remz07twos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post

I definitely think it’s more black like the photos online. It looks like the light is super harsh. Probably to make it easier to show the texture. I know GS dials are always super difficult to photograph. I definitely think the Night Birch is a killer piece im just not sure if I need *another* black dial in the collection.
remz07twos is offline   Reply With Quote