The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 December 2021, 08:41 AM   #271
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

How has availability of these pieces been for you all?
I put my name in for one of the Ti variants (both grey/blue combos) as a hopeful request for my first AP Boutique purchase.
Enjoying all the wrist shots - there's surprisingly little press about these pieces online!
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 11:42 PM   #272
www777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
How has availability of these pieces been for you all?
I put my name in for one of the Ti variants (both grey/blue combos) as a hopeful request for my first AP Boutique purchase.
Enjoying all the wrist shots - there's surprisingly little press about these pieces online!

I’m also on a list for a SS version along with a new diver and curious about the demand and wait for these pieces.
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 10:34 AM   #273
J.T.
"TRF" Member

I got a blue face Ti about 2 weeks ago. It's nice and I love the quick detach strap feature but I prefer my 44mm offshores to the 43mm at this point
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 01:40 PM   #274
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
This one does not disappoint! The fit and finish are just top notch. The easy strap change is brilliant. The Ti makes it so light and comfortable even at 43mm.

It’s a winner all around!

26420IO
This is a home run!

Can i check what's your wrist size please.
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 02:16 AM   #275
erredi7734
"TRF" Member

Watch: DB28, MB&F LM1
I’ve decided to move my 44m (26400io) and get the 43mm (26420I). The improvements are significant all-around: from movement to wearability and practicality.

I’ll discuss with my AP person this week for a possible allocation/waiting time, which I ignore.
erredi7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 07:04 AM   #276
westoque
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Apple Watch
One thing to note is that the 43mm wears really well because also the band is tapered vs other offshores. I don’t have a pic but someone might have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 09:46 AM   #277
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I have to say that the improvements on the 43mm are truly significant. I have small wrists (6.5” flat) and the 43mm wears large of course but I don’t feel it’s obnoxious. It fits exactly as the older model 42mm fit (such as the Vampire, Ghost, etc.).

The quick change straps are amazing, the overall symmetry of the watch case and pushers is much improved, the sapphire caseback displaying a very nicely finished movement. All of these are really nice updates.

The ONLY gripe I have is I genuinely wish the AP logo was applied to the dial without the “plate” that it appears to rest on. This isn’t terribly noticeable given the beauty of the watch, but I have to admit it’s annoying and I think many will nitpick about it (myself included).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 13 December 2021, 12:02 PM   #278
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Is that Dak with one on??

Old 13 December 2021, 12:08 PM   #279
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post

Is that Dak with one on??

Definitely an AP but probably a diver. There is no 43mm quick release strap in white currently
Old 13 December 2021, 07:07 PM   #280
burakusta
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars piguet
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
Definitely an AP but probably a diver. There is no 43mm quick release strap in white currently
That is a 44mm offshore, probably the grey dial ceramic bezel version
burakusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2022, 11:10 PM   #281
Birch
"TRF" Member

Bringing this thread back.

I have found a 26400io ti gray dial I’m super interested in but stumbled into this.

I am going to the boutique next week, but is the 43 that much of a better wast here than a J serial?

I think I really want ti (rose gold would be my top pick but that’s not going to happen without divorce proceedings) and just wondering if I need to poke around more. I’m also a big dude that can pull off big watches (my 40mm santos looks super tiny on my but I love it).

Side note, prices seem to be pulling back a bit in the secondary market.
Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2022, 01:18 AM   #282
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch View Post

I have found a 26400io ti gray dial I’m super interested in but stumbled into this.

I am going to the boutique next week, but is the 43 that much of a better wast here than a J serial?

I think I really want ti (rose gold would be my top pick but that’s not going to happen without divorce proceedings) and just wondering if I need to poke around more. I’m also a big dude that can pull off big watches (my 40mm santos looks super tiny on my but I love it).

Prices have pulled way way back. The one you posted above I saw sell for $30k this week complete. 26420io grey ceramic bezel for $36k complete. The older rose gold 26400ro with white subdials $35.5k complete. All were in near new condition
Old 24 July 2022, 07:16 AM   #283
koko105
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have both 44 and 43

43 is a better wearer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
koko105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 07:38 AM   #284
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

I have the 44mm one you are showing as well as the new 43mm taupe. If you are on the larger wrist size like you say, either one would be fantastic to have. I find the 44 a bit more versatile. Only because of the color combo though.

Quote:

10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2022, 01:10 PM   #285
10DeeQ
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 605
Hi, newb here looking to get my first AP
My wrist size is just a shy of 8”
And im a big guy that’s why most of my collections are Panerai 47 some panerai 44 and a Deep Sea.
I always wanted to get a 44 ROO but heard that the movement is not that tough on them ?
Anyway I’ve read that the new 43 is smaller lug to lug even when compared to 42 diver, so im still debating with myself wheter to get a 44 or 43 roo.
I did tried my friend’s 42 diver, well i can pull it off, but i preffer a tad “bigger”
10DeeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2022, 05:23 PM   #286
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeeQ View Post
Hi, newb here looking to get my first AP
My wrist size is just a shy of 8”
And im a big guy that’s why most of my collections are Panerai 47 some panerai 44 and a Deep Sea.
I always wanted to get a 44 ROO but heard that the movement is not that tough on them ?
Anyway I’ve read that the new 43 is smaller lug to lug even when compared to 42 diver, so im still debating with myself wheter to get a 44 or 43 roo.
I did tried my friend’s 42 diver, well i can pull it off, but i preffer a tad “bigger”
I’m 5’8” and 225lbs with just shy of 8” wrists (more round than flat).
I used to have a titanium 47mm Panerai, still have a 44mm DSSD and also have the 43mm steel ROO.
The ROO wears bigger, albeit lighter, than the DSSD. You don’t have to worry about it being smaller than the DSSD because it definitely doesn’t feel/look like it.
The titanium Panerai has been gone a while but both the DSSD and ROO are significantly nicer watches in every way.

I hope that’s helps some.
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 12:22 AM   #287
aa909
Banned

The 43 is very comfortable compared to the 42 & 44. But I still prefer the layout of the subdials on the 42 & 44 vs the new 43.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 03:49 AM   #288
DanD.1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Prices have pulled way way back. The one you posted above I saw sell for $30k this week complete. 26420io grey ceramic bezel for $36k complete. The older rose gold 26400ro with white subdials $35.5k complete. All were in near new condition
Curious where you saw the 26400ro? Everything listed online seems to be at minimum 40k.
DanD.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2022, 07:16 AM   #289
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanD.1 View Post
Curious where you saw the 26400ro? Everything listed online seems to be at minimum 40k.
Bound to be Moda.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2022, 12:39 PM   #290
Birch
"TRF" Member

Correct.

Is that a bad thing?
Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2022, 10:47 PM   #291
thetahoess
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dak's is the 44MM black ceramic bezel with gray dial. He wears it a bunch.

B
thetahoess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2022, 10:03 PM   #292
Robinsoncarter
Banned

it’s beautiful
Robinsoncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2022, 01:00 AM   #293
sharpwrist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
The dial is pretty dynamic. When it isn’t reflective of the light, it is more of a textured grey, albeit not shiny. I cannot replicate the flat matte dial that I got on my 44 CE.

The dial on this watch has a great balance between being too flat and the seemingly ubiquitous sunburst/fume dial.

This dial is never boring to look at. :)

I come to this thread almost every day to look at these shots, then its off to youtube to watch the one video of the grey dial ROO. Waiting is HARD lol.
sharpwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2022, 02:17 AM   #294
dmash
"TRF" Member

Does anybody have a 43 and a 50th Royal Oak (RO or ROC) and would be willing to do a side by side?
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2022, 09:13 AM   #295
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpwrist View Post
I come to this thread almost every day to look at these shots, then its off to youtube to watch the one video of the grey dial ROO. Waiting is HARD lol.
I agree, nyc2la’s wrist shots are enticing with his blue/grey titanium piece. I wonder how many people here have more than one of these new 43mm ROOs, if because I’m having to resist requesting this Ti piece from the boutique
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 04:25 PM   #296
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Does anybody have a 43 and a 50th Royal Oak (RO or ROC) and would be willing to do a side by side?

I can do one w my 43 and w my wife’s 50 37mm blue dial/diamond bezel. Still waiting for my 50!
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2022, 05:01 PM   #297
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post

It’s for sure a beautiful (big) watch
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 03:56 AM   #298
erredi7734
"TRF" Member

Watch: DB28, MB&F LM1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post

It’s for sure a beautiful (big) watch
nice! while waiting for my new 43mm I have sold my ROO 44mm.. the improvements are significant, no need to keep both. Hope the new ROO will come before the end of the year :)
erredi7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 06:12 PM   #299
tonypap
"TRF" Member

Love the green!
tonypap is offline   Reply With Quote