The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 12 February 2022, 03:08 PM   #1
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Accuracy issues with 9sA5?

I had no idea people are allegedly having issues with new high beat movement in terms of accuracy.
I had read (before hearing about this) that the updated High beat movement was likely going to easily outperform its expectations of +5/-3 just as the new spring drive is doing.

Has anyone here with the SLGH005 had any of these accuracy issues ?
It’s making me think twice about getting either the SLGH009 or the SLGH011 — although by September, you would hope that GS would have sorted these issues out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2022, 05:13 PM   #2
Watch2019
"TRF" Member

My White Birch was running too fast at around 13 spd. Others have also reported such a ‘too fast’ issue. My watch is currently undergoing servicing for it in Japan which will take around 3-6 months.

I had received my watch within a few months of its being release last year. I am not sure if this accuracy issue has been fixed in later batches or if it is still an ongoing one with some watches.
Watch2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 04:23 AM   #3
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch2019 View Post
My White Birch was running too fast at around 13 spd. Others have also reported such a ‘too fast’ issue. My watch is currently undergoing servicing for it in Japan which will take around 3-6 months.

I had received my watch within a few months of its being release last year. I am not sure if this accuracy issue has been fixed in later batches or if it is still an ongoing one with some watches.

Thanks-- that's really helpful to know.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 12:13 PM   #4
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
My brand new one purchased a couple days ago is about +5. I’m watching it carefully. I have a 6 year warranty so not that concerned. Someone in another forum reported that his ran fast if not fully wound. But wearing it consistently it was very accurate.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 01:20 AM   #5
rolexboyz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch2019 View Post

I got the same issue and sent to japan for 1 month now no news. Have you got your watch back yet?
rolexboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 02:57 AM   #6
Watch2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexboyz View Post
I got the same issue and sent to japan for 1 month now no news. Have you got your watch back yet?
I received mine after 2-3 months in Japan for servicing. Unfortunately the issue still persists as the servicing merely slowed it by around 1-2 spd. I have accepted this not so desirable situation as I figure the watch’s other positive aspects outweigh this particular flaw.

On the other hand, if I have not bought this watch, I will likely be opting for the Spring Drive version if I desire a White Birch though the SD dial looks less stunning than the Hi-Beat version.
Watch2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2022, 06:36 AM   #7
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
I was considering getting the Night Birch depending on how it looked in person but I’m gonna pass until there’s confirmation this issue has been resolved. I’m not spending 10K on a watch that immediately loses its value if it can’t even maintain the accuracy and quality the brand prides itself on.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote