The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 July 2022, 02:26 AM   #1
LeoAp
"TRF" Member

15047st allocation

Hi all. I’m debating going grey to get the 15407st but wanted to ask how long does the allocation take if you work sign a SA. So far he got me a black 26331st. 26240ro blue dial and I bought the RO bracelet and a code chrono. Will this take years to get the allocation for 15407st?
LeoAp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 03:55 AM   #2
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
It all depends on your profile and only your SA or boutique can realistically guide you. If you have other AP's you have purchased besides the ones you got from them, you chances should be pretty decent. They also like to see some diversity in the collection other than just RO's is what I was told by my SA. Pieces like 15407, QP, Tourbillon, and such need AP approval and not possible to allocate at the boutique level.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 08:26 AM   #3
Fifteen
Banned

Grail watch for me too. I’m still wondering how much spend it would take to be offered one. I’m sure there are other factors, but I’m sure spend history is one of the biggest
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 09:55 AM   #4
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
Grail watch for me too. I’m still wondering how much spend it would take to be offered one. I’m sure there are other factors, but I’m sure spend history is one of the biggest
It has to be approved by AP Corporate. You could have a high spend history but if you sold them or changed your collection, your chances go back down. My understanding, when your boutique goes for approval now, they want to see you currently own a diversified AP collection ie code, RO, ROO, ladies etc etc. This obviously varies by boutique and country but I have seen consistent for AP Corp owned boutiques. For example, I have a meaningful purchase history and strong longterm boutique relationships but have rotated out of many previous purchases over the years, this ruled me out for a white ceramic QP a few months back, a similar category to the skeleton.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 12:42 PM   #5
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
It has to be approved by AP Corporate. You could have a high spend history but if you sold them or changed your collection, your chances go back down. My understanding, when your boutique goes for approval now, they want to see you currently own a diversified AP collection ie code, RO, ROO, ladies etc etc. This obviously varies by boutique and country but I have seen consistent for AP Corp owned boutiques. For example, I have a meaningful purchase history and strong longterm boutique relationships but have rotated out of many previous purchases over the years, this ruled me out for a white ceramic QP a few months back, a similar category to the skeleton.

This is an accurate description of the process. I have gone through the same process. I have extensive AP history over the years, but were purchased mostly through AD's or grey dealers. My spend history with my boutique is not much. I purchased 3 pieces from them, 26470 OR ROO, 15500st RO, and a ladies 15551st 50th. The last two were this year. I was asked about my interest in a QP by my boutique and I was surprised. My spend history wasn't enough in my mind. They explained to me that because of my AP history and diversity of RO, ROO, and ladies pieces, it was worth a try to submit me to APNA.

They explained that APNA has to approve me first and then Switzerland has to sign off on it, so I was really surprised to get the call that I was approved a week later. So now I have a 50th green dial ROC coming this year and was told I would get a 15407st next year (both on my wishlist with the 15407st being my grail). If I wanted a Jumbo, it can be done as well apparently (which I never considered before). It just seems like the flood gates open up after getting that initial APNA approval. Now I just have to make sure I consult with my boutique if I decide to move on from any of my AP's. Don't want to ruin my chances of getting allocations in the future. I'm thinking anything out of warranty should be ok.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
Old 7 July 2022, 01:05 PM   #6
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
This is an accurate description of the process. I have gone through the same process. I have extensive AP history over the years, but were purchased mostly through AD's or grey dealers. My spend history with my boutique is not much. I purchased 3 pieces from them, 26470 OR ROO, 15500st RO, and a ladies 15551st 50th. The last two were this year. I was asked about my interest in a QP by my boutique and I was surprised. My spend history wasn't enough in my mind. They explained to me that because of my AP history and diversity of RO, ROO, and ladies pieces, it was worth a try to submit me to APNA.

They explained that APNA has to approve me first and then Switzerland has to sign off on it, so I was really surprised to get the call that I was approved a week later. So now I have a 50th green dial ROC coming this year and was told I would get a 15407st next year (both on my wishlist with the 15407st being my grail). If I wanted a Jumbo, it can be done as well apparently (which I never considered before). It just seems like the flood gates open up after getting that initial APNA approval. Now I just have to make sure I consult with my boutique if I decide to move on from any of my AP's. Don't want to ruin my chances of getting allocations in the future. I'm thinking anything out of warranty should be ok.
You work with AP Beverly Hills, correct? I think we share the same SA, I see she likes you a bit more than me Congrats on the future incomings, I thought of expanding my collection to other APs to check those boxes but can't bring myself to buy a watch to just satisfy corporate when I have interest in many other brands.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 01:50 PM   #7
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
You work with AP Beverly Hills, correct? I think we share the same SA, I see she likes you a bit more than me Congrats on the future incomings, I thought of expanding my collection to other APs to check those boxes but can't bring myself to buy a watch to just satisfy corporate when I have interest in many other brands.

I actually use the Vegas boutique, the old sister store when Westime used to operate them. I've always loved AP and Rolex and that's what my collection mostly consist of. I want to expand into other brands, but can't get a PP or RM AD to give me the time of day. lol....
Old 7 July 2022, 07:52 PM   #8
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
I am nowhere near this piece, but my SA has given examples that specifically for a Jumbo which also needs approval by HQ, that they are looking for diversity within the collection - in that particular case it was Code, RO, ROO and then 15202.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 08:21 PM   #9
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:

Wow I am impressed they allocated so many collectible pieces based on the purchase of 3 pieces. I have bought 5 pieces in total from AP, 4 from the same boutique and it felt like just getting that 15510ST ruthenium (latest acquisition) was a huge deal. I can’t even imagine what they will say next when I ask for a jumbo, QP or an openworked which are all on my list. Guess there is only 1 way to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 09:47 PM   #10
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

Quote:

Impressive journey with AP there Micky. Congratulations on those significant incomings too.

You must have a kind face too
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2022, 09:54 PM   #11
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
Wow I am impressed they allocated so many collectible pieces based on the purchase of 3 pieces. I have bought 5 pieces in total from AP, 4 from the same boutique and it felt like just getting that 15510ST ruthenium (latest acquisition) was a huge deal. I can’t even imagine what they will say next when I ask for a jumbo, QP or an openworked which are all on my list. Guess there is only 1 way to find out!

What was the 4th AP besides the 26331, 15551, and Code?
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 03:11 AM   #12
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
Quote:
So now I have a 50th green dial ROC coming this year and was told I would get a 15407st next year (both on my wishlist with the 15407st being my grail).
Nice! you must be pretty excited
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 04:28 AM   #13
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
I am nowhere near this piece, but my SA has given examples that specifically for a Jumbo which also needs approval by HQ, that they are looking for diversity within the collection - in that particular case it was Code, RO, ROO and then 15202.
Don't forget ladies pieces and profile for your significant other. Apparently, that goes a long ways too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Impressive journey with AP there Micky. Congratulations on those significant incomings too.

You must have a kind face too
lol. Never been known to have a kind face, but building relationships is key. My SA is just awesome. I will add that I've turned down just as many pieces from them over the years as I have purchased from them. None of them being a Code BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobs View Post
Nice! you must be pretty excited
Excited is an understatement for me. This has been my best year as far as the quality of the incomings for sure.
Old 8 July 2022, 04:29 AM   #14
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If you don't ask, you don't get. With your history, I would think it's worth a shot.
Old 8 July 2022, 08:30 AM   #15
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Don't forget ladies pieces and profile for your significant other. Apparently, that goes a long ways too.

lol. Never been known to have a kind face, but building relationships is key. My SA is just awesome. I will add that I've turned down just as many pieces from them over the years as I have purchased from them. None of them being a Code BTW.
I assume your wife is on a separate profile in order for you each to receive a 50th anniversary piece this year? If that's the case you are still somehow benefiting from her purchase history as well?

And I take it you're not a fan of the Code then, I happen to love them! Which models have you turned down?
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 12:20 PM   #16
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWhale View Post
I assume your wife is on a separate profile in order for you each to receive a 50th anniversary piece this year? If that's the case you are still somehow benefiting from her purchase history as well?

And I take it you're not a fan of the Code then, I happen to love them! Which models have you turned down?

Yes, we created a separate profile for my wife. They say it's linked in their system.

Over the years I've turned down a diver, ghost, gold 41m RO on leather, ladies ROO chrono, and the ROO music edition just a few days ago.

It's really not my cup of tea. However, the Perpetual Calendar version is quite exceptional. I got to handle one recently and it's a winner
Old 8 July 2022, 06:08 PM   #17
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, we created a separate profile for my wife. They say it's linked in their system.

Over the years I've turned down a diver, ghost, gold 41m RO on leather, ladies ROO chrono, and the ROO music edition just a few days ago.

It's really not my cup of tea. However, the Perpetual Calendar version is quite exceptional. I got to handle one recently and it's a winner
Hi Mike,
Thank you for sharing your valuable experience and suggestions. Importantly, it helps to level set and dispel some of the crazier narratives some of us start to imagine it takes to get nicer allocations. There’s still value in being genuine, respectful, and patient. And of course it helps to have an SA/boutique that appreciates and acknowledges those qualities. Given the spectrum of different peoples experiences we see and hear, I’d hate to think that any boutique for any brand is trying to ‘handle/manage’ clients in such a way as to ‘nudge’ extra purchases out of them before bestowing a client’s wanted piece upon them. This applies more so for established clients, but new ones also obviously deserve this fairness. My experience with AP has been nothing of this sort, thankfully, and I do realize certain markets can be different in terms of number of established clients with relationships that should be valued highly. In such larger markets, more patience on the part of other clients is certainly a virtue.

On a more enlightening note, would you please share your recent impressions of the QP piece that you got to handle? Was it the steel or titanium version? Are QPs not your usual liking due to the complication or execution of different brands, and so what makes the AP QP a winner by comparison?
Thanks again for your helpful posts.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 06:26 PM   #18
aldyrifqi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

may I know what is APNA?
aldyrifqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 06:30 PM   #19
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldyrifqi View Post
may I know what is APNA?
NA as in North America.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 08:08 PM   #20
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldyrifqi View Post
may I know what is APNA?
APNA = AP North America
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2022, 10:15 PM   #21
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWhale View Post
What was the 4th AP besides the 26331, 15551, and Code?

A white 15450st.

Old 9 July 2022, 01:59 PM   #22
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Hi Mike,
Thank you for sharing your valuable experience and suggestions. Importantly, it helps to level set and dispel some of the crazier narratives some of us start to imagine it takes to get nicer allocations. There’s still value in being genuine, respectful, and patient. And of course it helps to have an SA/boutique that appreciates and acknowledges those qualities. Given the spectrum of different peoples experiences we see and hear, I’d hate to think that any boutique for any brand is trying to ‘handle/manage’ clients in such a way as to ‘nudge’ extra purchases out of them before bestowing a client’s wanted piece upon them. This applies more so for established clients, but new ones also obviously deserve this fairness. My experience with AP has been nothing of this sort, thankfully, and I do realize certain markets can be different in terms of number of established clients with relationships that should be valued highly. In such larger markets, more patience on the part of other clients is certainly a virtue.

On a more enlightening note, would you please share your recent impressions of the QP piece that you got to handle? Was it the steel or titanium version? Are QPs not your usual liking due to the complication or execution of different brands, and so what makes the AP QP a winner by comparison?
Thanks again for your helpful posts.

I have the steel version. It's really an amazing piece. The finishing is exquisite in usual AP fashion. I can get lost in the dial all day. Lol. I've always been intrigued by the QP and thought some day I would own one. I just didn't imagine it would come this quick. The only other perpetual I really considered was the VC Overseas skeleton version. I think they did an amazing job with that piece. The difference I see between the VC and the AP is that the AP has a week indicator versus the VCdoes not. I don't have enough status at VC to get one, so it was never on my radar. When offered the AP QP, it was a no brainer for me to jump at the opportunity.
Old 11 July 2022, 07:34 AM   #23
Xerxes77
Banned

I received in March my steel 15407.
My experience it’s somehow like other members experience.
I am customer at that AP AD from 7 years. Before 2019 I help many friends to buy 26331 or 15400 or AP ROO.
Yes, to can allocate you a 15407 your AD make your description like customer and make a motivation why want to give you this special piece. Then on a meeting who are on line AP HQ analyses your watch profile and yes must need a diversity of pieces not only RO. Then they approved to can have one of this magnificent piece.
It must be important to say that your AD have a big word on this because AP HQ don’t know the customer and they only see a watch portfolio don’t know the customer besides this. For this it’s important to know that your AD somehow guarantee for you that you are a final customer and not a flipper.
This guarantee it’s very important because now all AP stuff check the internet and where found a watch picture where they see series of the watch immediately check and inform the AD who sell that piece and the customer will be mark on profile with black.
I live in Europe and 3 weeks ago my AD write me an email and ask me if I sell my CODE because some AP employee from Japan put me on the black list because found one CODE where he see series and match with my CODE. Of course I send pictures with my CODE to my AD who contact AP Japan and ask for pictures and after they check they arrived to the conclusion that it’s not my watch.
So, if for a CODE they hunt flippers we can imagine how they hunt 50 anniversary or 15407 who are very rare.
This is my experience…..
I hope help you
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 09:45 AM   #24
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
I received in March my steel 15407.
My experience it’s somehow like other members experience.
I am customer at that AP AD from 7 years. Before 2019 I help many friends to buy 26331 or 15400 or AP ROO.
Yes, to can allocate you a 15407 your AD make your description like customer and make a motivation why want to give you this special piece. Then on a meeting who are on line AP HQ analyses your watch profile and yes must need a diversity of pieces not only RO. Then they approved to can have one of this magnificent piece.
It must be important to say that your AD have a big word on this because AP HQ don’t know the customer and they only see a watch portfolio don’t know the customer besides this. For this it’s important to know that your AD somehow guarantee for you that you are a final customer and not a flipper.
This guarantee it’s very important because now all AP stuff check the internet and where found a watch picture where they see series of the watch immediately check and inform the AD who sell that piece and the customer will be mark on profile with black.
I live in Europe and 3 weeks ago my AD write me an email and ask me if I sell my CODE because some AP employee from Japan put me on the black list because found one CODE where he see series and match with my CODE. Of course I send pictures with my CODE to my AD who contact AP Japan and ask for pictures and after they check they arrived to the conclusion that it’s not my watch.
So, if for a CODE they hunt flippers we can imagine how they hunt 50 anniversary or 15407 who are very rare.
This is my experience…..
I hope help you

Wow this is wild!

Old 11 July 2022, 10:04 AM   #25
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow this is wild!

They are 1000% trying to crackdown on flipping. Sure they can do more but they try harder than any other brand that I know of
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 10:11 AM   #26
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
They are 1000% trying to crackdown on flipping. Sure they can do more but they try harder than any other brand that I know of
With the amount of ROs especially the special pieces like perpetual calendars, tourbillons, ceramics and openworked pieces I see on the open market you would think half their VIP clients would be waitlisted by now.

Old 11 July 2022, 10:13 AM   #27
Horsin’ Around
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What can these ADs do exactly to track flippers?

What they find must be just passive incidental findings. Do you think they are actively doing anything to track flippers?

Horsin’ Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 10:57 AM   #28
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
With the amount of ROs especially the special pieces like perpetual calendars, tourbillons, ceramics and openworked pieces I see on the open market you would think half their VIP clients would be waitlisted by now.
That's great, that means more special pieces for the peasants like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsin’ Around View Post
What can these ADs do exactly to track flippers?

What they find must be just passive incidental findings. Do you think they are actively doing anything to track flippers?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they sent people around trying to get serials off watches.

RM does it, why wouldn't AP do it?
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 11:03 AM   #29
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's why so many pieces are selling without the card
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2022, 11:06 AM   #30
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post
That's why so many pieces are selling without the card
That would totally make sense!
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote