The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 July 2020, 05:26 AM   #31
TurboWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Ok so they replaced the hour markers and crown with WG parts( meaning they ruined a SS dial) then painted the dial cream??? Because the 2 tone are white to start with....come on bro....I bet a lot more people agree with me than you lol
The OP was asking for some inputs. So I've stated my opinions based on my experience, and not something that I've pulled off the net and unsubstantiated. Whether you or any others agree with me is your business. But now, you sound civil, so I'll share why I strongly think this dial was from a white 116523 TT Daytona. It's because the sub_registers are all gold color. I don't think there was a paint correction to make it look cream as the white Rolex color watches all have the tendency to turn cream ( I personally own a P and an M white Daytona, and a 16550). The most logical/scientific explanation to this is the color white is made up of equal part of blue,red, and green. When exposed to the sun, for some reason, the blue color fades quicker than the other two color, that leaves the mixture to appear less white (cream). Much like what you see in tropical brown Rolex dial that was originally black. As you know, black color is made up of equal part of red, yellow, and blue. Again, when the watch is exposed to the sun for a long period of time, the blue color fades faster, and leaves red and yellow as the predominant colors...the result is brown as you see on these beautiful tropical brown Submariners, GMTs and Datejust...

The hour markers on these basic TT dials are like that of the DJ, DD stick dials. They are not welded to the dial plate like that of the exotic dial. These have 2 anchor posts and glued on to the dial plate ( Not welded ). All it takes is some heat from the back of the dial (hair dryer),and a push from the back, off it goes. I am sure you seen dials with a bunch of holes lining up at the edge of the dials sold on VRF or Flee Bay with the hour markers missing ... I've seen my Rolex watchmaker in actions. It took him but 20 mintutes...

Basically, it's not a complex process, nor time consuming for an unscrupulous seller to do the swap.
TurboWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 06:28 AM   #32
Wiener48
Banned

Special thread about the panna/cream Daytonas

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ighlight=Cream
Wiener48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2021, 12:26 AM   #33
Bil3102
"TRF" Member

Watch: panna daytona
Mine is just creamy,Y series ex Usa, first owner a Mr K Hash. it is verified by the Rsc to be original. I think they have a number on the back to which dial maker 1-4 so if u change to a fake the fake will need the same number on the back. An Oven will melt the paint i think, and so its difficult to make a fake compared to a 16520 patrizzi which is easier.
Bil3102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2021, 01:10 AM   #34
Pocosso
"TRF" Member

Watch: RO/ROO/PAM/DAYTONA
Guys,
the selection of this Auction are made by Aurel Back, knowing him, I would doubt he would auction a counterfeit or a baked watch, he has no reason to do it.
Also, in the case of a baked dial, from what I have seen in the past I would have the Brownish effect on the marker swell, don't you think?
ROO(Ti)-RO-ROC
PAN0055-PAM351-PAM733-PAM721
Type XX-XXI
Pocosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2021, 09:38 PM   #35
Bil3102
"TRF" Member

Watch: panna daytona
Some replies are surprisingly trivial for this forum, my subdials are oxidizing without any "special" work, The dial is creamy grey, and i think Thomas Perrazi is doing the selection and he sold the newman, the truth is that this panna dial exists and much like the earlier astonishment to the patrizzi, thats what i see
Bil3102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2021, 09:55 PM   #36
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kans86 View Post
Sold for 275.000 HKD or 35.000 USD. Guess it could have fetched more without the brown sub dials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bil3102 View Post
Some replies are surprisingly trivial for this forum, my subdials are oxidizing without any "special" work, The dial is creamy grey, and i think Thomas Perrazi is doing the selection and he sold the newman, the truth is that this panna dial exists and much like the earlier astonishment to the patrizzi, thats what i see
Never heard of a “ grey cream”...... got any pics?
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2021, 03:52 AM   #37
sql
"TRF" Member

As soon as the panna dial thread was shown one member went radio silent while he was such an expert earlier. Cool to watch.
sql is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
116520 , cream