The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 18 October 2021, 07:01 AM   #91
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Bracelet looks good in that pic, first thought was it looked like a PO one but looks more refined.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 05:28 PM   #92
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerBear View Post
These are my thoughts as well. Makes them seem hypocritical for canceling the 5711 and then releasing a new model in steel.
They say they don't follow trends but then bring out the 5711 in green

Depends what side of the bed stern gets out off
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2021, 09:09 PM   #93
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
They say they don't follow trends but then bring out the 5711 in green

Depends what side of the bed stern gets out off
Makes me wonder if their chatter about not wanting to be a sports watch company selling Stainless Steel watches isn't just hype designed to get the buyers out for whatever their next SS release is. Is PP creating rarity, a la limited editions? And then they actually do limited editions of the watches they claim not to want to produce like the Green Dial 5711/1a and the Singapore 5167a.
Clever.
cascavel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 01:54 AM   #94
epic
"TRF" Member

Taken the opportunity to try out the 5905/1A on my wrist today.

The actual watch in 42mm diameter and 14.13mm wears and feels like a true elegant sports watch, quite different feel compared to the 5960/1A I was wearing.
Felt just like a grown 5960/1A and in a nice hefty solid way.

The bracelet although looks almost identical to the 5167/1A bracelet and seems slightly wider.
This bracelet on the 5905a, IMHO looks and feels so much better on the 5905a vs 5167a.
It must be the thicker round case instead of the much thinner aquanaut shaped case design.

And the sunburst green dial looks stunning in person(under the boutique lighting) and the shade of sunburst green changes drastically with different angles on the wrist.
Unique and elegant at the same time. I can only imagine the same with the 5711 green dial since I have not seen the actual 5711 in person yet.

All in all, I love this model a lot and hope to add this into my small collection of S/S annual calendar Patek in the future.

BR
epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 03:06 AM   #95
thanyasr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post

6.3 to 6.4 inches depending on the weather.

I do notice some people with small but flatter wrist are able to wear larger watches. For me, I can't wear a watch with lug-2-lug bigger than 49mm. All the standard 41mm RO and VCO are out for me.
Thanks. Seems that we have similar wrist size. My AD does not have one for me to try. Tried on 5905P before and it seems a bit too big for me. Hope this one fit better. I like this one with bracelet and from pic, it looks beautiful
thanyasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 03:22 AM   #96
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
Taken the opportunity to try out the 5905/1A on my wrist today.

The actual watch in 42mm diameter and 14.13mm wears and feels like a true elegant sports watch, quite different feel compared to the 5960/1A I was wearing.
Felt just like a grown 5960/1A and in a nice hefty solid way.

The bracelet although looks almost identical to the 5167/1A bracelet and seems slightly wider.
This bracelet on the 5905a, IMHO looks and feels so much better on the 5905a vs 5167a.
It must be the thicker round case instead of the much thinner aquanaut shaped case design.

And the sunburst green dial looks stunning in person(under the boutique lighting) and the shade of sunburst green changes drastically with different angles on the wrist.
Unique and elegant at the same time. I can only imagine the same with the 5711 green dial since I have not seen the actual 5711 in person yet.

All in all, I love this model a lot and hope to add this into my small collection of S/S annual calendar Patek in the future.

BR
so fast! I'm not getting my hands on one until next month
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 10:09 AM   #97
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

I tried all 3. Superb execution.

I was not expecting much by the 5905/1A. IMHO, I find the distinctive case of the 59xx too high with a too thin leather strap, plus the aquanaut bracelet (on Aquanaut) looks like a sub-nautilus solution.
On the pictures, I thought the watch to be a chimera (case and bracelet that have nothing to do).

Oh boy, I was so wrong...

First the color, the green is fantastic, very subtle but reveals itself elegantly when hit by natural light.
The case and the bracelet felt so natural. When I took the watch, I felt they were 2 lovers who had bad previous stories, but now that they have met, they form the perfect couple.

I am hesitating. I was told not to wait too much...
QuelleHeureEstIl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 01:48 PM   #98
bob101
"TRF" Member

Not a fan of the new pieces. The 5204 would be very nice if the moonphase was the other way around! Maybe I’m too picky!
bob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 10:44 PM   #99
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post
I tried all 3. Superb execution.

I was not expecting much by the 5905/1A. IMHO, I find the distinctive case of the 59xx too high with a too thin leather strap, plus the aquanaut bracelet (on Aquanaut) looks like a sub-nautilus solution.
On the pictures, I thought the watch to be a chimera (case and bracelet that have nothing to do).

Oh boy, I was so wrong...

First the color, the green is fantastic, very subtle but reveals itself elegantly when hit by natural light.
The case and the bracelet felt so natural. When I took the watch, I felt they were 2 lovers who had bad previous stories, but now that they have met, they form the perfect couple.

I am hesitating. I was told not to wait too much...
If you can get the 5905 at MSRP and don't that will give you an opportunity to start another Post, here, in a few months titled "Kicking myself now that 5905/1a is over $100K, Grey".
cascavel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 06:42 AM   #100
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Green will be out of style soooo fast…hard pass
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 06:54 AM   #101
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I’m pretty sure the 5905 story is quite predictable, no? It’ll only be offered to established customers, and it will be flipped into oblivion because I think many people can see how “trendy” this piece is and it makes sense to strike when the iron is hot. I won’t at all be surprised to see the first ones hit the secondary market at $125k+.

It’s quite unfortunate because when I first saw this announced I thought to myself “oh, this may be something I try and buy and start a relationship with Patek”. I honestly love it, at least in pictures.

I doubt the high valuation holds up over time, but for the here and now this is going to be one hot watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 20 October 2021, 06:08 PM   #102
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I’m pretty sure the 5905 story is quite predictable, no? It’ll only be offered to established customers, and it will be flipped into oblivion because I think many people can see how “trendy” this piece is and it makes sense to strike when the iron is hot. I won’t at all be surprised to see the first ones hit the secondary market at $125k+.

It’s quite unfortunate because when I first saw this announced I thought to myself “oh, this may be something I try and buy and start a relationship with Patek”. I honestly love it, at least in pictures.

I doubt the high valuation holds up over time, but for the here and now this is going to be one hot watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I rather have the rose or platinum over the steel if prices went to oblivion be it on a strap and not bracelet
Old 26 October 2021, 04:45 AM   #103
Hermann
"TRF" Member

Has anybody also seen the 5204R-011 ??
Why is nowhere the new 5204 ?
Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2021, 09:07 AM   #104
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
Has anybody also seen the 5204R-011 ??
Why is nowhere the new 5204 ?
I have tired it. I loved everything. I am biased because I love the dial compostition. The dial looked a very dark grey with a touch of "very dark chocolate" (could not check under outdoor light so it may be because of the color temperature of the interior light). It works perfectly with the rose gold.

Because of my skin color and to be more low profile, I tend to prefer steal, white gold or platinum. But that is so personal...

Only complain: for that price, an enamel moon phase would have been nice. But who am I to complain about something totally out of my budget...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (261.4 KB, 282 views)
QuelleHeureEstIl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2021, 12:04 PM   #105
Mrhenish
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
This thread is great—there are good points, a bunch of hilarious responses, reviews, passion, etc.—so thanks everyone. I have a 5905P so may be one of the suckers who bought one at retail but whatever these things aren’t investments to me. I like the new 5905 and think the bracelet will wear better than the strap. Not sure on the green dial but I am happy we have some new models to look at and react to. Better than another nautilus or Daytona thread.
Mrhenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2021, 02:02 PM   #106
MP777
"TRF" Member

5930 hands down for me, the 5905 bracelet flairs out a bit too much
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2021, 02:59 PM   #107
Hermann
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have tired it. I loved everything. I am biased because I love the dial compostition. The dial looked a very dark grey with a touch of "very dark chocolate" (could not check under outdoor light so it may be because of the color temperature of the interior light). It works perfectly with the rose gold.

Because of my skin color and to be more low profile, I tend to prefer steal, white gold or platinum. But that is so personal...

Only complain: for that price, an enamel moon phase would have been nice. But who am I to complain about something totally out of my budget...

Very nice !!
Where you tried on?
Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 01:51 PM   #108
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP777 View Post
5930 hands down for me, the 5905 bracelet flairs out a bit too much
there is no flair out at all. bracelet goes straight down.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 10:54 PM   #109
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This is mega