The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 January 2021, 02:32 PM   #31
Chute
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6 digit Rolex+APRO
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread and to all the contributors.
I’m considering the silver 4500v Overseas.
I have a black APRO 15400 and added rubber and alligator straps.
I like the ease in changing on the VC, plus the extension links (2 of them) are a big draw.
Honestly, I have tried to get a white PP 5711 since 2015 and it just never happened.
Now that they are discontinued and way to expensive for my comfort, the OS is very appealing.
I considered a silver AP 15300 but if the lug to lug on the VC really is 3mm shorter that the 15400, it should be perfect.
Hopefully I’ll be able to share some wrist shots and thoughts versus the 15400 soon.
Chute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 05:07 PM   #32
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
Fantastic shots of the silver OS!

Makes me want one!

How comfortable is the bracelet?

Extremely. And it has 2 completely hidden 2mm micro extensions built into the links near the clasp. Can use one or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 06:25 PM   #33
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute View Post
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread and to all the contributors.
I’m considering the silver 4500v Overseas.
I have a black APRO 15400 and added rubber and alligator straps.
I like the ease in changing on the VC, plus the extension links (2 of them) are a big draw.
Honestly, I have tried to get a white PP 5711 since 2015 and it just never happened.
Now that they are discontinued and way to expensive for my comfort, the OS is very appealing.
I considered a silver AP 15300 but if the lug to lug on the VC really is 3mm shorter that the 15400, it should be perfect.
Hopefully I’ll be able to share some wrist shots and thoughts versus the 15400 soon.
You're Very Welcome, Sir. By the way, I also have the VC Overseas 4500V in the Silver Dial.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 08:54 PM   #34
Scyb
"TRF" Member

Tips required

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice from all the seasoned VC collectors out there.

I will be picking up a 4500v blue dial from the boutique in the coming week. Are there any tips on what freebies to ask them for? I heard they may have a belt?

Thanks in Advance
Scyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 09:30 PM   #35
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
I honestly think the new OS wears smaller than 41mm suggests. And it’s fairly thin and light. I know blue is the obvious choice but the silver is very understated and really nice looking in person.

OMG that dial is stunning, just brilliant.

Thanks for posting these pictures you have sold me on what dial colour to get and it isn't the blue or the black.

Fantastic watch with that wonderful silver sunburst dial, congratulations.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 09:50 AM   #36
AHG
"TRF" Member

I personally don't love the OS design, but appreciate it nonetheless. But I think Vacheron is much more than the OS. I just ordered a Traditionnelle small seconds. I just find it to have more character than a Patek as do many of their watches. I love Patek as well (though I don't own one) but I appreciate that Vacheron has watches that are more "outside of the box" especially given how old of a brand they are. In addition I think Patek movements are still underwhelming from a power reserve capacity.
Vacheron's problem is marketing.
AHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 05:57 PM   #37
snarkq
"TRF" Member

You have to ask how czapek in their first attempt produced a stronger design than the overseas? Vacheron strength is not design. Great value yes.

The overseas perpetual ultra thin is an exception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snarkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 06:46 AM   #38
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 01:42 PM   #39
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

Beautiful.
Old 24 January 2021, 01:48 AM   #40
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
Does anyone here own a 37mm overseas.. I wish it had the same layout as the 41mm. The 41mm is too big for me overall because of the way the watch rests. The 37mm might be too small. 7” wrists.
MeepHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 03:56 AM   #41
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepHead View Post
Does anyone here own a 37mm overseas.. I wish it had the same layout as the 41mm. The 41mm is too big for me overall because of the way the watch rests. The 37mm might be too small. 7” wrists.
wish they made a 39 tbh. it would be

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 06:19 AM   #42
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyb View Post
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice from all the seasoned VC collectors out there.

I will be picking up a 4500v blue dial from the boutique in the coming week. Are there any tips on what freebies to ask them for? I heard they may have a belt?

Thanks in Advance
Even if too late, I am sure you will want some extra straps. When I picked up a couple of straps from the boutique (having bought the watch at an AD with a discount) the manager gifted me (unprompted) a nice travel case for straps. Holds four and is really useful.

In general the service I have received from the VC boutique has been outstanding. They sent flowers when I said we did not want to come in to see some lady's watch because we just had a baby and when we dropped in with our toddler they gave him a watchmaking bear, a VC kids book on the history of watchmaking that was translated into the local language and a colouring book. I had an issue with my watch that was repaired by their watchmaker and once ready, since it wasn’t convenient for me to come into the boutique, they said they would send a courier, but actually one of the SAs delivered the repaired watch and documents to me at home.
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 11:18 AM   #43
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMoses View Post
Even if too late, I am sure you will want some extra straps. When I picked up a couple of straps from the boutique (having bought the watch at an AD with a discount) the manager gifted me (unprompted) a nice travel case for straps. Holds four and is really useful.

In general the service I have received from the VC boutique has been outstanding. They sent flowers when I said we did not want to come in to see some lady's watch because we just had a baby and when we dropped in with our toddler they gave him a watchmaking bear, a VC kids book on the history of watchmaking that was translated into the local language and a colouring book. I had an issue with my watch that was repaired by their watchmaker and once ready, since it wasn’t convenient for me to come into the boutique, they said they would send a courier, but actually one of the SAs delivered the repaired watch and documents to me at home.
Outstanding service.
djona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2021, 02:34 PM   #44
Scyb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMoses View Post

I bought the watch already but thank you anyway

Ended up with a complimentary San Pellegrino and that was it

Beautiful watch though and I haven't been able to stop wearing it. The blue dial is radiant, glimmering different shades of blue depending on the setting. Sometimes it almost feels like a black dial when I look at it with an acute angle.

Would a white rubber strap look good with a blue dial?
Scyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 01:11 AM   #45
Oaker1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Quote:
I honestly think the new OS wears smaller than 41mm suggests. And it’s fairly thin and light. I know blue is the obvious choice but the silver is very understated and really nice looking in person.

Stunning!
Oaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 01:36 AM   #46
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:

Nah. The blue for this particular reference is a horrible looking blue especially compared to the blues from Patek, AP and Rolex. Silver for this reference is perfect. I’ve owned both and I got rid of the blue. Now as far as size goes it’s too freaking big. Just like the 15500. This reference would be much better off in 39mm. Or why not offer both sizes? Also I cannot believe this reference doesn’t hack. I realize that’s not important to some of the non WIS people but to me it’s very important. Still though I enjoy mine even though it looks big on my wrist. The strap change is brilliant and the bracelet is the best looking in its class in my opinion.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 02:12 AM   #47
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Nah. The blue for this particular reference is a horrible looking blue especially compared to the blues from Patek, AP and Rolex. Silver for this reference is perfect. I’ve owned both and I got rid of the blue. Now as far as size goes it’s too freaking big. Just like the 15500. This reference would be much better off in 39mm. Or why not offer both sizes? Also I cannot believe this reference doesn’t hack. I realize that’s not important to some of the non WIS people but to me it’s very important. Still though I enjoy mine even though it looks big on my wrist. The strap change is brilliant and the bracelet is the best looking in its class in my opinion.
I cant tell if you like or hate your watch?
NYG1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 02:46 AM   #48
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
I cant tell if you like or hate your watch?
Absolutely love it. One can criticize and still love something.

Instagram - patton250
Old 25 January 2021, 03:37 AM   #49
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyb View Post
I bought the watch already but thank you anyway

Ended up with a complimentary San Pellegrino and that was it

Beautiful watch though and I haven't been able to stop wearing it. The blue dial is radiant, glimmering different shades of blue depending on the setting. Sometimes it almost feels like a black dial when I look at it with an acute angle.

Would a white rubber strap look good with a blue dial?
Congratulations on the great pick up! You will struggle to get it off your wrist.

I haven’t seen the white rubber strap in person, but could be a great summer option.

I got the blue rubber for my silver dial and this light brown leather. I think on here I saw a blue dial with the same light brown leather strap and it looked good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CD3B453A-2894-4533-96FC-F69ECE359CE1.jpeg (94.0 KB, 628 views)
File Type: jpeg 6E17A1D3-9F3A-44D5-A6E0-082279B8A4E6.jpeg (148.8 KB, 629 views)
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 03:42 AM   #50
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I’m a big fan of VC
The service from the boutique is the best of any brand
The only watch that I ever change bands on is my overseas because it’s so absurdly easy to do
I have several and just ordered 3 more VC pieces

I hope more people recognize what a fantastic brand it is
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2021, 04:05 PM   #51
tapioca1688
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I’m a big fan of VC
The service from the boutique is the best of any brand
The only watch that I ever change bands on is my overseas because it’s so absurdly easy to do
I have several and just ordered 3 more VC pieces

I hope more people recognize what a fantastic brand it is
which 3 more VC pieces?
tapioca1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 12:01 AM   #52
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
wish they made a 39 tbh. it would be
Agree, 39 would be perfect for the Overseas.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 12:05 AM   #53
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, Brett. I'm surprised. I have tried on the blue in person and found it to be spectacular. Best blue dial I have ever seen (yet). That being said, I would go for the black or silver all day long. I agree on the 39mm 100%, that size would be perfect for my wrist and yours as well (if I recall we have the same).
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 12:15 AM   #54
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Wow, Brett. I'm surprised. I have tried on the blue in person and found it to be spectacular. Best blue dial I have ever seen (yet). That being said, I would go for the black or silver all day long. I agree on the 39mm 100%, that size would be perfect for my wrist and yours as well (if I recall we have the same).
Believe me I was bummed out about it. I bought the blue because blue is always best right? But after I wore it for a while this blue is just weird. It’s like VC tried to get cute with it. Anyway I sold it because of my disappointment but because of my love for this brand and especially this reference I finally found a silver dial. Absolutely love it. But definitely too big. For me anyway.

Instagram - patton250
Old 26 January 2021, 12:57 AM   #55
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Believe me I was bummed out about it. I bought the blue because blue is always best right? But after I wore it for a while this blue is just weird. It’s like VC tried to get cute with it. Anyway I sold it because of my disappointment but because of my love for this brand and especially this reference I finally found a silver dial. Absolutely love it. But definitely too big. For me anyway.
+1. The blue isn't really my taste, a bit too oversaturated. I tried one on with the full intention of buying the brown dial a while ago, but it wore a bit too large for me. 39mm would be prefect.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 05:52 PM   #56
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
+1. The blue isn't really my taste, a bit too oversaturated. I tried one on with the full intention of buying the brown dial a while ago, but it wore a bit too large for me. 39mm would be prefect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
Agree, 39 would be perfect for the Overseas.

Do you guys feel that a the VC Overseas 4500v would look too big for a 6.5 Inches wrist?
Thanks.
Old 26 January 2021, 06:41 PM   #57
Fishrus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Do you guys feel that a the VC Overseas 4500v would look too big for a 6.5 Inches wrist?
Thanks.
Best to go to an ad or boutique to take a look. Personally i feel that it would be ok.
Old 26 January 2021, 08:02 PM   #58
Nightdate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishrus View Post
Best to go to an ad or boutique to take a look. Personally i feel that it would be ok.
I guess it depends on personal choice but with 6.3/6.4 inches I do think it looks perfectly fine on me - good actually if I have to say so myself.

I also got a thread going when I was choosing with photos etc, you may find it useful (called 'overseas experience' or something on those lines) but at the end of the day, go and see it physically. Pictures are deceiving. It wears smaller than a 41mm I feel.
Nightdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2021, 09:02 PM   #59
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks.
Here is mine on my 6.5” wrist. I think it looks too big but in my case I don’t care. It’s such an absolutely beautiful reference. This dial is perfect. Still though 38 or 39 mm would be much better overall because this is a dress watch in my opinion not a sports watch. If AP can make 37, 39 and 41mm then VC can do the same.

Instagram - patton250
Old 27 January 2021, 01:49 AM   #60
JakeK
"TRF" Member

Watch: VCO
Quote:
Thanks.
See it in person to verify for sure as every wrist is different, but also check out Tim Mosso's video reviews on the watchbox YT channel. He puts the 4500v on his wrist and i believe his is about 6.5".
JakeK is offline   Reply With Quote