The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 March 2021, 12:15 AM   #31
gman62971
"TRF" Member

Beautiful

Beautiful watch, congratualations!
gman62971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2021, 06:16 AM   #32
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman62971 View Post
Beautiful watch, congratualations!
Thanks! This piece makes me so happy and is making it difficult to figure out what will be next. As I've acquired the pieces of my desire over time it's been harder and harder to justify getting more. Each time I glance at this though it keeps me honed in on Omega!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 04:47 AM   #33
Nordicbeast
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post

I just ordered this one, no OB in Canada had one so it's coming in fresh from Switzerland....should be another few weeks. OB gave me 13% off....saved the tax!
Nordicbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:25 AM   #34
tedo
"TRF" Member

Congrats! Own this one (not stock strap, but alternate OEM with deployment) and Rolex Deepsea Blue/Cameron. Love them both!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C4955788-5FF5-4640-8FC2-A2CEB3C57896.jpeg (85.1 KB, 97 views)
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 07:55 AM   #35
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicbeast View Post
I just ordered this one, no OB in Canada had one so it's coming in fresh from Switzerland....should be another few weeks. OB gave me 13% off....saved the tax!
This is excellent news, congrats! Can't wait to see the images once it arrives. These watches are indeed hard to find (or at least hit and miss) at some Canadian AD's. Depending on the location and trade area they'll generally have more of the 300M Professional models. Had to buy mine sight unseen from a US AD and couldn't be happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post
Congrats! Own this one (not stock strap, but alternate OEM with deployment) and Rolex Deepsea Blue/Cameron. Love them both!
What a lovely piece! Such a good job they did on the colour combination, wow. Variety you just don't get from a lot of other brands.
Old 8 April 2021, 08:21 AM   #36
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You are going to love it. I am wearing mine now and it is the most comfortable big diver I own. It’s a bit more comfortable than my DSSD JC because the sapphire case back of the POC is larger and flatter distributing the weight better and the lugs and bracelet can flex strait down over your wrist. It makes it “feel” smaller on the wrist. In warm weather it’s a stunner with tremendous wrist presence.

Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 10:01 AM   #37
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Nice watch, congratulations on your new acquirement. I just got a 300M chronograph. My first diver chronograph. I have a 42 PO 8500. There really nice pieces. I can only imagine how nice a PO chronograph would be. Looks awesome!
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 10:24 AM   #38
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post

That looks amazing. Which strap is that? Looks really good set up that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2021, 10:57 AM   #39
Nordicbeast
"TRF" Member

^That’s an OE Omega rubber strap/deployant....mega pricey to buy as an accessory but you can buy that POC with the strap instead of the SS bracelet.
Old 8 April 2021, 03:07 PM   #40
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^That’s an OE Omega rubber strap/deployant....mega pricey to buy as an accessory but you can buy that POC with the strap instead of the SS bracelet.

Looks awesome. Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 02:16 AM   #41
tedo
"TRF" Member

Strap

It’s the strap the comes with this model below that I felt would be good. Really adds to the overall look. Deployment also had to be purchased separately, but worth every penny.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...21592465199001
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 89C8111C-FBD5-42D7-8C0A-9A2D1384A03D.jpeg (85.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpeg 6BD26325-3AC5-4928-885C-C574F76F16F9.jpeg (104.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpeg 1D08A809-061B-4F95-81D3-99AE5BB3C4DD.jpeg (118.6 KB, 103 views)
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 09:02 AM   #42
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Mysteo, I've never seen that variant in person yet. Is the rubber portion of the bezel coveted with a clear coating or is it exposed?

tedo, that strap looks incredible! Such a fine job Omega has done and you've got so many options. Exceptional quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
Nice watch, congratulations on your new acquirement. I just got a 300M chronograph. My first diver chronograph. I have a 42 PO 8500. There really nice pieces. I can only imagine how nice a PO chronograph would be. Looks awesome!
Thanks, Wayne! I'm addicted to the Omega Seamaster Chronograph watches. I'll find myself browsing them for fun on eBay, both the 300M and Planet Ocean.

It's very difficult for me to decide what's next after this really. It checks all the boxes for me, in addition to the others I've got. It's tempting to add more of the 300M Chronograph pieces but we'll see in time depending on what deals I find or how badly that Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore calls my name.

I'll never sell any of my watches off at this stage, so it's such a careful selection process prior to adding new pieces.
Old 9 April 2021, 10:07 AM   #43
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Mysteo, I've never seen that variant in person yet. Is the rubber portion of the bezel coveted with a clear coating or is it exposed?

tedo, that strap looks incredible! Such a fine job Omega has done and you've got so many options. Exceptional quality!

Thanks, Wayne! I'm addicted to the Omega Seamaster Chronograph watches. I'll find myself browsing them for fun on eBay, both the 300M and Planet Ocean.

It's very difficult for me to decide what's next after this really. It checks all the boxes for me, in addition to the others I've got. It's tempting to add more of the 300M Chronograph pieces but we'll see in time depending on what deals I find or how badly that Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore calls my name.

I'll never sell any of my watches off at this stage, so it's such a careful selection process prior to adding new pieces.
It’s exposed but it’s not made like traditional rubber. It is so integrated perfectly and flush fit that it really looks like a flat matte ceramic.

Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 10:34 AM   #44
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, that's very neat how Omega was able to achieve this. They only use top notch materials, so I've got no doubt in it's ability to stand the test of time. The entire watch will age very well and that's great news as mine is a keeper for life.

From the looks of it yours won't be going anywhere anytime soon either!
Old 29 May 2021, 05:36 AM   #45
Nordicbeast
"TRF" Member

FINALLY arrived!

Old 29 May 2021, 06:12 AM   #46
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Oh wow, it looks fantastic! Congrats, you must be SO excited? What was your first impression when you got it sized and placed on your wrist?

I can't think of another watch that offers all this does. Movement innovations, variants, an exhibition case back, super clasp, I can keep on going. Enjoy in good health and keep the pictures coming!!!
Old 29 May 2021, 07:11 AM   #47
Nordicbeast
"TRF" Member

^Thanks! I've had 2500 POs and 3313 Planet Ocean Chronos in the past...So I'm familiar with how they fit/feel...they were great watches, and the last 3313 POC was the most accurate watch that I've owned. I'm probably in the minority in that I prefer the old steel engraved casebacks with the seahorse as I feel it provided a bit more grip on the wrist in the wet than the clear caseback of this one...especially since this is larger/heavier...but that is a minor gripe. I've also had a 116660 DSSD which I loved but always felt it was a tad small (I'm a big guy with an 8" wrist...I love big chunky divers).

In comparison to the DSSD, I prefer the ease of use of the Glidelock over the Omega solution...but it's great that Omega finally has a micro-adjustment clasp. Overall, really loving this new POC tho!
Old 29 May 2021, 12:19 PM   #48
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
^Thanks! I've had 2500 POs and 3313 Planet Ocean Chronos in the past...So I'm familiar with how they fit/feel...they were great watches, and the last 3313 POC was the most accurate watch that I've owned. I'm probably in the minority in that I prefer the old steel engraved casebacks with the seahorse as I feel it provided a bit more grip on the wrist in the wet than the clear caseback of this one...especially since this is larger/heavier...but that is a minor gripe. I've also had a 116660 DSSD which I loved but always felt it was a tad small (I'm a big guy with an 8" wrist...I love big chunky divers).

In comparison to the DSSD, I prefer the ease of use of the Glidelock over the Omega solution...but it's great that Omega finally has a micro-adjustment clasp. Overall, really loving this new POC tho!
Those are some great watches as well! I love being able to see the beautifully decorated movement, but know what you mean. Thankfully I've been fortunate enough to secure a good example (full set minus the tag) for the 2225.80.

Image from Google

Having the stampings / engravings with the Hippocampus on the back is historically significant for the Seamaster line and Omega on general. Having the best of both worlds of possible is the way. For the new in-house movements though they're far too lovely to have covered in steel.

I never saw the DSSD in person at an AD but saw it on people's wrists in the "wild". Absolutely love the watch and wish I had a James Cameron version, but feel the thickness and diameter don't work as well as this Planet Ocean in my opinion. For me the Planet Ocean offers much more, and best of all isn't near impossible to find at MSRP (or below).

When I compare the 9300 version to this current 9900 movement they addressed every issues. Some of the 9300 models I see marks on the matte ceramic bezel, somehow while browsing listings. Having a broken line around the bezel is better for measuring elapsed time precisely. The glossy ceramic dial looks a lot better in my opinion (I've tried on both). The end links are more elegant and refined, pivoted for a more tailored fit, the bracelet is less rounded and more refined, the clasp superior with the micro adjustment systems. Also, the case back now has a much more sophisticated and elegant system the tool attaches to.

A closeup of the earlier posted shot from an AD years ago.

Albeit an incredible watch as well, I still firmly believe Omega made it even better for the models we own.
Old 29 May 2021, 07:05 PM   #49
shalako
"TRF" Member

Congratulations, superb watches and somewhat under appreciated I’ve always thought, I have mine on the strap, the perfect holiday watch especially as it has the independently adjustable hour hand for the date change.

shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 04:31 PM   #50
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

I'm a huge fan of the independent hour hand as well, it makes life so much easier with regards to setting and of course timezone changes.
Old 1 June 2021, 05:49 AM   #51
motiontimers
Banned

Congratulations, A stunning time piece indeed.
motiontimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2021, 11:29 AM   #52
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiontimers View Post
Congratulations, A stunning time piece indeed.
Thanks! With each day that passes my happiness with this piece grows.