The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 26 November 2023, 07:05 AM   #1
IGY
"TRF" Member

SBGY029 New Strap Opinions

Dear Forum friends,

Below is my Grand Seiko Karesansui.

SBYG029_4.jpg

The watch itself is fantastic: slim, lightweight, interesting how it catches the light and throws off light beams and creates shadow. What I am not enjoying is the strap, or more accurately the strap and deployant clasp.

1) The deployant clasp add a lot of bulk and thickness to the wrist and is at odds with the thinness of the case.

2) This thickness is exacerbated by an overly long strap - at least for my 16.5cm circumference wrist. So the tongue hangs out like a puppy dog. A puppy that isn't being cute, but instead has just vomited ingested grass up onto the living room rug.

Good news is that the clasp is easily replaced with a conventional pin buckle. And likewise I can get an aftermarket strap.

So here is my question. Not really asking which manufacturer, but more ideas on what material and colour choice will look good with this Karesansui / Zen Garden watch dial. This version is the creamy dial from the UK special edition. (My understanding is that both US editions of this watch and EU editions have a more grey tint to the Karesansui pattern.) Stick with brown? Maybe try Ostrich leather perhaps? Or shark? Or croc?

Any good ideas gratefully received.
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2023, 08:41 AM   #2
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Very nice and clean looking watch.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote