The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 July 2019, 12:54 PM   #1
francoamerican
"TRF" Member

Chronometre Bleu waiting list possible as of Summer 2019?

If I have no journe history any chance of them taking my name in 2019?

Thanks!
francoamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2019, 01:51 PM   #2
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

As far as I've heard, they've stopped taking names for the CB list a couple months ago. Doesn't hurt to try though.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2019, 03:14 PM   #3
francoamerican
"TRF" Member

Dang May have missed my window -

cheers for the info.
francoamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2019, 12:15 AM   #4
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
As far as I've heard, they've stopped taking names for the CB list a couple months ago. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Confirmed - all boutiques have closed their lists. Production to be cut 50% , so even those “on the list” will be waiting longer. With that said, FPJ has quite an impressive catalog , they really are special pieces if you have Patek money to spend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2019, 01:46 AM   #5
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Try Geneva boutique, they get bigger quota and do free shipping. They are very nice to deal with too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 09:07 PM   #6
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Try Tokyo. Last year, no list at all. Just a 3 month waiting time.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 01:10 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
You are about a year too late I think. Probably needs to be a second purchase at least in this market.
Old 18 July 2019, 09:51 AM   #8
agentmeister5
"TRF" Member

Maybe try the Chronometre Souverain. It uses the same movement and a pre-owned one in rose gold is less than the Chronometre Bleu new while a pre-owned platinum CS is just a little more than a new CB. I was going to buy the RG CS but decided to hold out for a decent platinum pre-owned one instead.
agentmeister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 12:04 AM   #9
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
Try Geneva boutique, they get bigger quota and do free shipping. They are very nice to deal with too

I was at the Geneva boutique a few weeks ago. It seems the wait there is the same as everywhere else.

I was talking to the manager about the CB and he told me that a gentleman had come in a couple days prior wanting to get one and he had to tell him that he would not be able to as the list is closed for now. Apparently the prospective buyer wasn't happy at all and got angry at him.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 02:30 AM   #10
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
I was at the Geneva boutique a few weeks ago. It seems the wait there is the same as everywhere else.

I was talking to the manager about the CB and he told me that a gentleman had come in a couple days prior wanting to get one and he had to tell him that he would not be able to as the list is closed for now. Apparently the prospective buyer wasn't happy at all and got angry at him.

Seems like FPJ is being consistent which is refreshing. I was told that waitlist for CB is centralized now (and closed).

Old 19 July 2019, 02:43 AM   #11
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

I believe the wait time will be consistent everywhere. I think they consolidated waitlists and maintain a centrality located masterlist

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 11:31 AM   #12
jcarm981
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5167
Checkout the journe guy on Instagram. Would likely have to go used and pay a premium. Seem to be in the 31-33k range right now and I think there’s room to keep going up.
jcarm981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 12:16 PM   #13
tiberiustime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange 1 Platinum
Europeanwatch has been selling them very quickly with ever increasing asks. Think last one was $39

tiberiustime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2019, 09:22 PM   #14
jcarm981
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiustime View Post
Europeanwatch has been selling them very quickly with ever increasing asks. Think last one was $39

Yeah I believe it.
Old 28 July 2019, 11:34 PM   #15
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiustime View Post

Wow, I remember I bought mine pre owned 6/2018 for just under $27k and it was a bit of an internal battle w regards to paying the premium ... looks like I made the right choice. Love the watch and will never let it go, but not sure I would have pulled the trigger at $39k.

Old 30 July 2019, 05:02 PM   #16
Mills_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
Try Tokyo. Last year, no list at all. Just a 3 month waiting time.
I got told a 2 year wait in November 2018 by Tokyo Boutique. And I can only imagine it got worse since then before they shut down the lists.
Mills_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 12:50 AM   #17
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills_ View Post
I got told a 2 year wait in November 2018 by Tokyo Boutique. And I can only imagine it got worse since then before they shut down the lists.
The lists blew up in only the last year and a half.
I got on the list in January 2018 and got the watch in 7 months.
By April 2018 the list was about a year and a half long. 5 months later it grew to 2-4 years, and another 5 months later, it became a 7 year wait, partly because they cut production to half the number of pieces for 2019.
As stated earlier, the list has been closed for a few months now.
Old 31 July 2019, 01:57 AM   #18
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

It’s amazing how this model has taken off from being relatively unknown just a few years ago. Definitely deserves it - it’s a fantastic watch
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 08:01 AM   #19
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I keep waiting to see a knock on effect for the Chronometre Souverain, similar to what has happened to PP with the 5711 and AP with the 15202, where the derivative pieces in different metals and dial combos have risen with the tide. I know that FPJ is not at the cult status of AP or Patek, but the CB is definitely playing in the same sandbox of hype as some of those pieces.

I love my 38mm RG CS, and was surprised to get it in like-new condition for significantly less than the MSRP of a CB. Same movement, similar case, aesthetically pleasing power reserve complication, precious metal. The CS is definitely a steal at this point.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 11:20 AM   #20
jcarm981
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
I keep waiting to see a knock on effect for the Chronometre Souverain, similar to what has happened to PP with the 5711 and AP with the 15202, where the derivative pieces in different metals and dial combos have risen with the tide. I know that FPJ is not at the cult status of AP or Patek, but the CB is definitely playing in the same sandbox of hype as some of those pieces.

I love my 38mm RG CS, and was surprised to get it in like-new condition for significantly less than the MSRP of a CB. Same movement, similar case, aesthetically pleasing power reserve complication, precious metal. The CS is definitely a steal at this point.
Good point.
Old 31 July 2019, 12:58 PM   #21
agentmeister5
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post

I like to think that this time next year the CS will be a bit more sought after.
agentmeister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2019, 02:21 PM   #22
Peterandwatches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167/15400/Sub/JLC
I figure the same thing. I seriously considered adding a CS, but alas, it wasn’t in the cards. I did end up with a lovely Reverso, but I’m sure the CS is going to end up even more of a stretch in the future.
Peterandwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2019, 10:17 PM   #23
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
By April 2018 the list was about a year and a half long. 5 months later it grew to 2-4 years, and another 5 months later, it became a 7 year wait, partly because they cut production to half the number of pieces for 2019.
Yes this.

My chicago boutique said he could put me on the list as a courtesy but in reality doesn't think ill get one, he said 8 years.
brockburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2019, 10:24 PM   #24
gcsk76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
At Geneve Feb 2019, and fell in the 7 years category.
gcsk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2019, 10:30 PM   #25
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsk76 View Post
At Geneve Feb 2019, and fell in the 7 years category.

Yup. When I enquired at the Geneva boutique in April 2018 they told me a year and a half.
I was there again in June and they said around 8 years now and are not taking any more names down.

Old 2 August 2019, 12:39 PM   #26
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills_ View Post
Wow. I was close to not having one.

I ordered mine March 2018 and paid 50% deposit. Was told a three month wait. Perfect since my tokyo trip was set for June.

Then in april, i was told the watch available already. I told them i wont fly in just to get it.

Then my trip got postponed to October.

Store asked my permission if they can sell the april delivery. I only agreed when they assured me that something will be available by October. They told me not to worry. They were expecting a few more for the year.

Finally i got to pick my CB in late October. Had i picked up a few days later (around early November), i would have met FPJ himself. As he visited the Tokyo boutique first week of November. I missed him by a couple of days i think.

The sales guy attending to me told me really hard already at that time to get from european and north american boutiques. The HK boutique had a signficant supply but not enough even for the locals. The Tokyo boutique was best especially for non locals like me.

Maybe FPJ’s november visit caused a spike in demand. Hehe.

Just happy i have my CB. Thinking of what FPJ to get next. Good luck to those still in the hunt.
Old 2 August 2019, 12:45 PM   #27
Pongster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
It’s amazing how this model has taken off from being relatively unknown just a few years ago. Definitely deserves it - it’s a fantastic watch
What could be the reason for surge? It has always been a great watch. Was there an improvement last year in the specs? Did a celebrity endorse it?

Me, been hunting for it since 2017. I love blue dials.
Old 2 August 2019, 02:12 PM   #28
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Watch: Journe, AP & Lange
It’s too bad there is no longer an “entry level” mechanical Journe. Personally, wouldn’t pay over retail for any watch, might as well get a CS or Octa instead.
Slider817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2019, 05:36 PM   #29
DGB
"TRF" Member

Wow, how things change in 12 months.
I got mine on the spot , no waiting, in Paris Boutique.
I was not even looking for a CB, but once tried on my wrist, with this changing colour dial, I couldn’t resist. Purchased for 23k€. A year after still loving it. A beautiful watch.
One can get lucky from time to time.

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2019, 10:15 AM   #30
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
What could be the reason for surge? It has always been a great watch. Was there an improvement last year in the specs? Did a celebrity endorse it?

Me, been hunting for it since 2017. I love blue dials.

I think it was simply a case of word getting out - probably helped by social media.
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote