The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 July 2019, 08:43 AM   #1
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Tudor Pelagos RSC Experience

Folks,
For those of you who remember, I sent my Tudor Pelagos for service under warranty, for a sunken 6 o'clock marker problem. My watch is back from RSC now and I can share my experience.
So first of all, they called me after around 3 days to tell me that the watch is ready. Obviously, I was a little skeptical and asked them what they did to the watch... She told me, regulation. I told them that I sent the watch for a dial replacement, so she, the receptionist, told me that the manager will call me... He did. I explained to him the problem and provided some pictures to support my claim. He got it and promised they will take care of it. After 2 more weeks, I got the call again. The watch was ready. I came there and noticed that the bezel doesn't stop at the 12’ position (Tudor feature) they said that they have no idea what I am talking about and even called the watchmaker who said he never heard about that feature... So I told them that I want to talk to the manager again. He was really nice and I kindly asked him to bring another Pelagos to support my claim. He did and they noticed the problem right away. Again, he promised me that they're going to take care of that ASAP and call me back.
Two weeks after that I called to see what's going on, they told me that they're still waiting for Tudor’s respond. After a day they called back saying that it was an easy fix and the watch is ready. The watch worked perfectly at that point and the dial looks great. I was extremely happy. When I came back and started examining the watch more carefully, I noticed few things:
1. They removed the case back sticker and scratched the back a little bit (looks worse on the pic than in real life)
2. The dinged one lug
3. The watch gained 3.5 seconds in 24 hours

I am going to provide all the pictures and would love to get some advice if you think I should do something about it, or just enjoy the watch now.

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eCE...w?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eC_...w?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hS4...w?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wFA...w?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kB5...w?usp=drivesdk

The problem they fixed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yTH...w?usp=drivesdk
Daniel23456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 08:48 AM   #2
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
These type of threads make me never want to get my watches serviced lol
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 09:00 AM   #3
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap1976 View Post
These type of threads make me never want to get my watches serviced lol
Don't feel that way.

I have been in and out of the RSC in London (Both old and new locations) for the past 30 years.

I have NEVER once had a problem.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 09:03 AM   #4
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel23456 View Post
just enjoy the watch now.
the best think for you to do now is exactly what you said at the end of your post .... Enjoy the watch NOW.

The scratches are minor and would appear regardless when you wear the watch and also when you lay the watch down.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 09:05 AM   #5
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
1. would bother me, have them polish it and fix it.
2. I think you are looking too closely at the log. Reason I say this: my tudor that I bought used (one month of usage I think) I received and was flawless. I took some pictures of it and at work was examining pics and zoomed in and saw something similar to yours (perhaps due to bracelet removal/installation) and freaked out. Had to go back and see the watch again and for the life of me I couldn't see it with naked eye. Had to take a picture and zoom in. Is this your scenario as well? if so, don't bother and just enjoy the watch.
3. I think you have to give it time to work for a few days/weeks and then measure again. that is still within cosc, yes? wouldn't bother me.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
1. would bother me, have them polish it and fix it.
2. I think you are looking too closely at the log. Reason I say this: my tudor that I bought used (one month of usage I think) I received and was flawless. I took some pictures of it and at work was examining pics and zoomed in and saw something similar to yours (perhaps due to bracelet removal/installation) and freaked out. Had to go back and see the watch again and for the life of me I couldn't see it with naked eye. Had to take a picture and zoom in. Is this your scenario as well? if so, don't bother and just enjoy the watch.
3. I think you have to give it time to work for a few days/weeks and then measure again. that is still within cosc, yes? wouldn't bother me.
Hey,
The scratch on the scratch on the lug is not that visible and I definitely need to look for it, but certainly visible if you look close enough... I have never changed the bracelet so it must be them... Thanks for the answer, cheers!
Old 18 July 2019, 06:48 PM   #7
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
the best think for you to do now is exactly what you said at the end of your post .... Enjoy the watch NOW.

The scratches are minor and would appear regardless when you wear the watch and also when you lay the watch down.
I agree. Thanks for the answer!
Old 18 July 2019, 09:46 PM   #8
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Not sure I would have sent it in for the original 'problem'
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 10:05 PM   #9
swatty
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Game
What’s a sunken 6 O’clock marker ?
Old 19 July 2019, 12:56 AM   #10
Justingtr
"TRF" Member

The ding on the lug is from them removing the bracelet pretty roughly. The case back scratches are beyond unacceptable. I don't mind scratches on my watches that I make, but when sent in for service it should come back in the same or better condition. I'd be upset and wouldn't accept the watch as is and ask them to replace the case back and regulate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Justingtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 02:06 AM   #11
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justingtr View Post
The ding on the lug is from them removing the bracelet pretty roughly. The case back scratches are beyond unacceptable. I don't mind scratches on my watches that I make, but when sent in for service it should come back in the same or better condition. I'd be upset and wouldn't accept the watch as is and ask them to replace the case back and regulate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's what I want to do at the moment. Thanks
Old 19 July 2019, 02:11 AM   #12
mactruck
"TRF" Member

Is tudor RSC different than Rolex RSC or is it the same place?
mactruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 04:46 AM   #13
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactruck View Post
Is tudor RSC different than Rolex RSC or is it the same place?
Same place