The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2019, 08:27 AM   #61
srleadjb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I was born in 1969 so there is a part of me that thinks it would be really cool to own this piece. Must.... Resist.....

Me too and already ordered!
srleadjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 10:00 AM   #62
Shibak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
My contact at the Boutique just texted me. She stated only 75 pieces for the US. I questioned her on that, seems ridiculously low. But when you take into account all the countries it has to go to it's not that ridiculous but still very very low in my opinion. Maybe she's trying to influence me to come in and pay the balance faster.
I was at my boutique yesterday and told 150 left for US sales.
Shibak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 10:06 AM   #63
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII
Quote:
Originally Posted by malarky_hk View Post
Bit of a miss for me.

9 o’clock sub dial is cheesy.

Too many pieces made.

$10k too expensive.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 May 2019, 10:17 AM   #64
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII
There are 7000 of these! I don’t care if only one makes it to the USA...they will be very available and well under 10k within a year.

Old 18 May 2019, 10:20 AM   #65
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibak View Post

I think it’s going to be a moving target after the first few days of release as people buy or request refund back. When I put down my deposit they called the next day to confirm it was accepted by the mothership and my spot reserved. I think the boutiques get a rough number that who knows when gets updated based on real time add/drops.

BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 10:20 AM   #66
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabaiguan View Post
There are 7000 of these! I don’t care if only one makes it to the USA...they will be very available and well under 10k within a year.

I bet more than 7000 Rolex Submariners were made last year....

Old 18 May 2019, 10:34 AM   #67
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I got my refund
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 10:54 AM   #68
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
I had high hopes but this is a miss for me.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:29 AM   #69
rolexjc
"TRF" Member

You can keep the watch. I only need that bracelet for my ST 2 Ultraman!!
rolexjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:59 AM   #70
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtalk View Post
The biggest issue is the quote on the back....
"One small step for a man.....,"

Armstrong actually said...
"One small step for man...."

There's been debate for years that he meant to say A man....
But didn't!
oh wow!!!

that's messed up!

the watch was a pass for me before i knew that
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 12:51 PM   #71
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I got my refund
Same here. IMO this watch is UGLY!
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 01:52 PM   #72
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Hodinkee link was dead, here’s the correct one https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/om...on-introducing
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 03:57 PM   #73
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
I hope the 321 will be more appealling. This SS 50th anniversary moonlanding watch is not meeting my expectations. Too bad, I love to buy a speedmaster.
The € 9.1k II willl put in half a AP Royal Oak 15500.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 04:37 PM   #74
mnl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15450ST
Unsure about how I feel about the subdial at 9, would probably have to see in person. Overall I think it’s great, love the look of the new bracelet (not a big fan of the current one), just wish it had an open caseback. Also just too expensive for what it is imo. I’ve been thinking of getting a speedmaster for a while now, and I thought that maybe this upcoming limited edition could’ve been a great one to get, but I’m kinda glad I didn’t love it cause then I don’t have to worry about how to get a limited edition watch, I can just get the regular version (and for around half the price! Probably even with a discount)
mnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 04:57 PM   #75
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibak View Post
Went to Boutique last night and manager cleared up the confusion and said that there were only 75 pieces left for sale in US at that time. I paid the balance due for the watch with the full assurance if I don't like it when I put it on my wrist I get a full refund. So I saw no downside to reserving one other than they have my cash for the next 3-4 months.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 06:20 PM   #76
Watch Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114270
I actually like the look...But, I think i'll wait till the updated movement , bezel and bracelet get put on the regular Moonwatch and buy it without the Buzz Aldrin golden ass-shot premium.
Watch Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 06:30 PM   #77
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary - Stainless Steel

Needs more pieces of flair in the box. Lots of these updates on a regular speedy would appeal to me even if they raise the price substantially but I don’t want a watch with a relief of astronauts on the dial side. I feel the same about the snoopy though so maybe I’m just a weirdo.
Old 18 May 2019, 09:48 PM   #78
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

If they wanted/“needed” a special touch on the dial, I would have put the footprint in the sub-dial, kept the quote on the back, and included a clear case-back.

Better than the butt, IMO.

Maybe they thought this would be a bit of whimsy like the Snoopy, but it’s a fail, IMHO. Shame, as you only get one chance at this.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 09:58 PM   #79
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Got a call yesterday. They said there is 15 more watches left...ive never ever bought an omega before.

I had already said I’d pass
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 10:05 PM   #80
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like it and will be a buyer in the secondary market should the prices drop significantly from retail.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:32 PM   #81
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
It's such a shame they chose that graphic for the sub dial. I love everything else about it. The 9 dial is the one and only reason I'm not picking this up. Maybe if/when I see it in person my feelings will change, but I just think they blew it selecting that image. The front on image of Buzz wearing the watch, or the footprint would have been so much better shots for the sub dial.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 03:10 AM   #82
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Still don’t know what to think about it. I really wanted to like it and I’ve held off buying a moonwatch for a few years now in anticipation. Half tempted to go put my name down but in reality with the gold I just can’t see me wearing it that often. I’ve been looking at 3572.50 and 3592.50 models (hesalite sandwich) for half the price so I’ll likely go with one of those instead. If I see the new one in the flesh and love it I think I’d be able to get one easy enough.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 05:56 AM   #83
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by srleadjb View Post
Me too and already ordered!
It will definitely have very special meaning for you, and no wonder you ordered one.

I was born in 1949. But I did watch the moon landing with my Dad in 1969, and that alone would make the watch special. That year, I also graduated from Technical College, and decided to go to Europe that summer and try to find some work. In August that year, I left on the SS Canberra for a 25 day trip from Vancouver to Southampton. That was the start of 6 years living in Europe.

So, yesterday I went to my local Omega Boutique and also paid a deposit to guarantee one of these beauties! And I actually sold my Rolex Sub to make way for this model. I see it as being a very special watch, even with the large number that will be produced.

Can't wait! Congratulations to you as well!

Cheers,
Carl
Old 19 May 2019, 06:21 AM   #84
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I’m wondering how long it will take before one of these is for sale second hand. Within a month wouldn’t surprise me!
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 07:17 AM   #85
srleadjb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
It will definitely have very special meaning for you, and no wonder you ordered one.

Can't wait! Congratulations to you as well!

Cheers,
Carl
Thanks Carl! I'm actually very excited. I had a speedmaster MOTM for a short time. I loved the watch but I didn't love the look of the bracelet, so I let it go.

To commemorate my own 50th and my retirement, which will come on the same day, I wanted something special. Something grown up, maybe even vintage looking. I really wanted something with gold in the design and it had to say something about me, my lifestyle and my love for car and motorcycle racing.

I had no idea if I would ever find something that met all my desires. Then yesterday, not being aware of the release of this watch, I was flipping through Instagram and there she was! I was shocked and I immediately knew this was my watch. I love the design. I mean, who doesn't love the speedmaster but with a splash of gold, its even better. I love that its a special watch that is interesting and will likely be a great conversation piece. The gold is just enough to satisfy my desire, but not too much to make it gaudy. Add to that, its a 50th anniversary watch commemorating an event that my mom watched while pregnant with me 50 years ago. Then to top it off, it got a beautiful new bracelet! I mean come on!!!

I immediately texted my local OB and paid in full with a guarantee of a first batch release.

Now, I just hope I get #1, 50, 69 or 1969/6969!

Justin
Old 19 May 2019, 07:23 AM   #86
srleadjb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I’m wondering how long it will take before one of these is for sale second hand. Within a month wouldn’t surprise me!
Well, its not a Rolex, so less flippers I'd imagine. One of the things I like about Omega is most of the customers buy them because they like them, not because they are trying to make money.

On the other hand, Omegas are often sold off in hopes of "moving up" to a Rolex
Old 19 May 2019, 10:20 AM   #87
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srleadjb View Post
Thanks Carl! I'm actually very excited. I had a speedmaster MOTM for a short time. I loved the watch but I didn't love the look of the bracelet, so I let it go.

To commemorate my own 50th and my retirement, which will come on the same day, I wanted something special. Something grown up, maybe even vintage looking. I really wanted something with gold in the design and it had to say something about me, my lifestyle and my love for car and motorcycle racing.

I had no idea if I would ever find something that met all my desires. Then yesterday, not being aware of the release of this watch, I was flipping through Instagram and there she was! I was shocked and I immediately knew this was my watch. I love the design. I mean, who doesn't love the speedmaster but with a splash of gold, its even better. I love that its a special watch that is interesting and will likely be a great conversation piece. The gold is just enough to satisfy my desire, but not too much to make it gaudy. Add to that, its a 50th anniversary watch commemorating an event that my mom watched while pregnant with me 50 years ago. Then to top it off, it got a beautiful new bracelet! I mean come on!!!

I immediately texted my local OB and paid in full with a guarantee of a first batch release.

Now, I just hope I get #1, 50, 69 or 1969/6969!

Justin

That’s a great twist of fate. Congrats! I too paid in full and couldn’t be more excited to get this beauty on my wrist.

Old 19 May 2019, 10:22 AM   #88
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I don't get why, of all the amazing shots of Buzz Aldrin on the moon, they chose to use this particular "butt shot" image? It's not even the best picture of him leaving the module.

If I had to pick an image to use on the 9 sub I'd go with this one. Simple timeless breathtaking shot and you can actually see him wearing the moonwatch. This would have been perfect and would have looked so much better on the watch IMO

I thought exactly the same thing, then it dawned on me....the pic would need to be zoomed in to see Buzz Aldrin meaning the subdial hand would probably be centred around his crotch. There are plenty of other pics they could have used...why not just a picture of the moon if this hasn't already be done.
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 10:26 AM   #89
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarver View Post
I thought exactly the same thing, then it dawned on me....the pic would need to be zoomed in to see Buzz Aldrin meaning the subdial hand would probably be centred around his crotch. There are plenty of other pics they could have used...why not just a picture of the moon if this hasn't already be done.
Honestly I think the best thing they could have done was just leave the regular 60 sec dial on there. It's a beautiful watch. They didn't need to put a graphic on the 9 at all. The graphic on the back is more than enough IMO.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 10:40 AM   #90
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8081817.stm

i believe a quote is defined as what is physically said, not what was intended. and it seems that it's been "scientifically" proven that the quote did not have "a"... even though Armstrong has stated that he would prefer his quote to be used with the "a" included.

that must've been an interesting discussion at Omega before the final template was put into the caseback engraving machine.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote