The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 July 2019, 12:13 AM   #61
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
Um, WTF?! Can you go into details? The AD got upset because you bought one watch from another AD. What a world.
basically they said they were able to secure the watch about a month after the other AD, i passed and i never heard from them again. We spoke all the time so not hearing from them is unusual. Got totally ghosted

Only time ever i passed on a watch too (one that i asked for). I have passed on stuff they offered that i didn't ask for though which is no big deal because i didn't ask for it.

So no real drama or a falling out, more of a passive aggressive response
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 05:01 AM   #62
s_haverford
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO,OP-36 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
they change

figured I might as well get the most loud colors for the photo

You really don't want to see the scene labeled "funky town"
have to match the colour in the S-class. Also, it's nice to hear from you. I am a long time lurker and in the past year, have been getting involved. Your handle always comes up with some quality words following.

I hope you get settled in safely and as pain-free as possible.
s_haverford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 09:47 AM   #63
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Wow thats a big move! I can't even imagine how difficult it is... I remember the last time I moved, it was only a couple miles and with just my 1 year old daughter and that was a hassle already. But glad to hear you're doing well and see you back!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 10:39 AM   #64
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
basically they said they were able to secure the watch about a month after the other AD, i passed and i never heard from them again. We spoke all the time so not hearing from them is unusual. Got totally ghosted

Only time ever i passed on a watch too (one that i asked for). I have passed on stuff they offered that i didn't ask for though which is no big deal because i didn't ask for it.

Nothing like a store acting like a child.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 03:02 PM   #65
Peter McManus
Banned

Quote:
i bought my platona from a different AD... mine made me wait so long for the WG OF daytona i asked multiple AD's when I switched my attention to the Pt one instead. Another AD came through first, and mine wrote me off. No biggie as I moved anyway. Just goes to show its all about what have you done for me lately with AD's

I lost confidence they could get me the watch when i wanted it. Thats on them. Not sure why they are the ones bent out of shape
You sold a 5711, 5712 and a Rolex Pepsi shortly after buying. Your AD must think you are a flipper. Honestly do you expect your AD to keep feeding you watches so you can flip them ?
Peter McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 03:42 PM   #66
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McManus View Post
You sold a 5711, 5712 and a Rolex Pepsi shortly after buying. Your AD must think you are a flipper. Honestly do you expect your AD to keep feeding you watches so you can flip them ?
He has worn all his watches for a long period & none of them were new nor did he get them for the intention to flip so i doubt the AD he uses thinks he was a flipper. If a AD heard you bought another large value watch from somewhere else it would in these times disappoint them and the AD would think that you dont need them by giving your business to someone else and they in this case unfortunately are giving the cold shoulder. No need to bash others here
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 04:06 PM   #67
Peter McManus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
He has worn all his watches for a long period & none of them were new nor did he get them for the intention to flip so i doubt the AD he uses thinks he was a flipper. If a AD heard you bought another large value watch from somewhere else it would in these times disappoint them and the AD would think that you dont need them by giving your business to someone else and they in this case unfortunately are giving the cold shoulder. No need to bash others here
Had a look at his posts, he sold the 5711 and GMT within 6 months and 5712 within 12 months. Do you consider it is a long period?

Of course it is still different to what JSW7 did with his 5711R and 5711A but it is still called flipping.
Peter McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 04:56 PM   #68
Aqua75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McManus View Post
Had a look at his posts, he sold the 5711 and GMT within 6 months and 5712 within 12 months. Do you consider it is a long period?

Of course it is still different to what JSW7 did with his 5711R and 5711A but it is still called flipping.
He’s definitely not a flipper
Aqua75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 04:57 PM   #69
Aqua75
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I bought a couple of watches from them too (assuming it’s the same one) and when they saw I had other pieces from elsewhere they were a bit “off”.
Welcome back by the way!
Aqua75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 06:48 AM   #70
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:

Tyler is finally back! I saw some of your IG activity a few days ago so I was hoping you'd be getting back on here shortly.

I have no clue how you and a full family pulls a move like that unless you're replacing most of big items/furniture. We just moved from an apartment to our first condo a few months. It was a 2 bedroom unit and only a 2 mile move to Century City. This process was an utter nightmare for us. Cannot begin to imagine moving a whole family from the UK to Texas!

Here's to rest of the process going smoothly and welcome back!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 07:46 AM   #71
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Tyler is finally back! I saw some of your IG activity a few days ago so I was hoping you'd be getting back on here shortly.

I have no clue how you and a full family pulls a move like that unless you're replacing most of big items/furniture. We just moved from an apartment to our first condo a few months. It was a 2 bedroom unit and only a 2 mile move to Century City. This process was an utter nightmare for us. Cannot begin to imagine moving a whole family from the UK to Texas!

Here's to rest of the process going smoothly and welcome back!
thankfully yes, it was time to replace most of the furniture otherwise we would have been sleeping on the floor.... the sea shipment just got to the port of Houston today actually. So after customs and delivery its probably a another 10-14 days out. We got here at the beginning of June.

I suppose we could have done temporary accommodations had we not planned on replacing most of the big stuff but then its another move on top of everything else so i think we planned ahead pretty well
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 7 July 2019, 08:14 AM   #72
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Good to see you back Tyler
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 08:18 AM   #73
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
The never-ending move continues….

We bought our house in December anticipating a Jan move which was delayed to June. So, a lot of back and forth since then. Out of the UK in early June and they packed our sea and air shipments about a week prior. Air shipment took about 3 weeks to arrive and still waiting on the sea shipment. Luckily since we were in the UK so long almost all of our large furniture was due to be replaced anyway so we are starting from scratch on all that stuff.

I don’t recommend trying to travel for 10 hours with 3 kids under age 6 although the little guy slept a bit.

Life has been a sea of boxes for about 6 weeks so far. Waiting on deliveries/ordering furniture, and odds and ends, setting up the house (minus a 40-foot sea container that still hasn’t arrived). Never ending service calls to ADT about our semi functional security cameras, car shopping for the wife (thankfully I took care of mine well in advance of the move and it’s just been in storage waiting for our return), trying to keep the kids entertained etc.

Went a bit overboard on the Hue lights, and smart house integration. And the Hue hub only counts as one device and we are still not done.

3 small kids and a transatlantic move is a logistical nightmare as is setting up everything when they are still waiting on almost all of their “stuff”

Still alive, but just getting settled to our new normal. Once this is over this move will have dominated about 7 months from start to finish if you count house purchase as the start date although planning has been going on much longer. The sea of boxes continues on the US side of the move too

Something goes here... but for now it’s tape until September (Aug. possibly if im lucky)... who knew a couch took so long

A public service announcement.... if you need a sound bar. Bowers and Wilkins formation is awesome. Blows the Bose soundbar 700 out of the water. So much so that i sit on the tape and watch the TV upstairs vs downstairs with the bose and a couch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why did you move from the UK to houston?

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 08:44 AM   #74
timedate
-

what type of work brought you to the uk, and did you enjoy the old place?
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 09:11 AM   #75
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Why did you move from the UK to houston?

Moved back to Houston... they don’t let you stay

9 years is the limit and we were at 8. Figured it was time to move on as feeling temporary all the time wears on you

Old 7 July 2019, 09:17 AM   #76
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Just moved the other way... NYC to London with two small kids. Draining is not the word!! At least balance is somewhat restored with one WIS in each direction! :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 7 July 2019, 09:27 AM   #77
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Moved back to Houston... they don’t let you stay

9 years is the limit and we were at 8. Figured it was time to move on as feeling temporary all the time wears on you

Had no clue you were from the states. Welcome back.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 01:03 PM   #78
tie219
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT, BBR
Quote:
Houston

Nice, I just moved to Houston and am currently dealing with my own sea of boxes

Not nearly as bad as yours though!
tie219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 01:05 PM   #79
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie219 View Post
Nice, I just moved to Houston and am currently dealing with my own sea of boxes

Not nearly as bad as yours though!
inside or outside the loop?

Houston can basically be defined as outer loopers and inner loopers.
Old 7 July 2019, 01:39 PM   #80
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Tyler. U realize, u are like a celebrity? I mean u have a thread looking for u :)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 10:58 PM   #81
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Tyler. U realize, u are like a celebrity? I mean u have a thread looking for u :)
soon as i started posting in the thread they moved it out of the Patek forum... maybe they dont want me over there
Old 9 July 2019, 11:19 AM   #82
tie219
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT, BBR
Quote:
inside or outside the loop?

Houston can basically be defined as outer loopers and inner loopers.
I'm in the Heights so I believe inside the loop. What about you?
tie219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2019, 11:47 PM   #83
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

What happened to tyler1980

Today should be fun. 7 weeks to cross the Atlantic, clear customs, and get to the front door... also that big dent in the side wasn't there when they packed it. awesome

Old 17 July 2019, 11:48 PM   #84
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie219 View Post
I'm in the Heights so I believe inside the loop. What about you?
same
Old 18 July 2019, 12:51 AM   #85
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 01:17 AM   #86
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Never move... ever

I’ve got 3 floors that look like this. And I kind of felt moved in finally before the shipment arrived

Old 18 July 2019, 01:25 AM   #87
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Is it weird the first box I grabbed was the booze cabinet?

Today just got better

Old 18 July 2019, 01:31 AM   #88
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Agree.

Moving was a real bear for us.

I’d hate to have to do it again.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 04:13 AM   #89
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
All the best in getting settled!
returntorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2019, 04:51 AM   #90
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Is it weird the first box I grabbed was the booze cabinet?

Today just got better

Definitely have your priorities straight. Opening those first should certainly make unpacking the others a little more interesting/bearable. Best of luck with the unpacking!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote