The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 August 2011, 02:24 PM   #211
mocheen
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
It's funny how you guys talk about treating customers right and they will buy. most people really do not care how they are treated but most about the price. I work for a higher end car dealer and I help everyone equally. Does not matter what they drive or how they are dressed , I give them my 100% attention and service. You do not know how many times I spent hours with a customer test drove them in 3 different cars and gave them the best service they ever got at a dealer.. I would even mail them a hand written thank you card.. And most of those people that I spent 3-4 hours with will buy the car from my competition after I spent all my time with them over $10 a month on a lease payment.. $360 over the 3 year lease even though they got crappy service just because it saved them a buck.. I would understand $50 a month or even $20 but you get beat by a couple of bucks and they quickly forget how much time you spent with them and how nice and knowlagable you are.. It frustrates a sales staff especially when you work somewhere that can not be competitive when discounting watches or whatever..
So I know most people say they would pay for service but in the states people quickly forget about service when they save a dollar..
When I went to buy my BMW M3 the salesman told me to go look at Hondas, because I did not want to pay 6K over msrp. I bought it at another dealership the same day for msrp.

When I went to buy my first house the realtor did not want to give me a flyer until my parents showed up and he realized that they had purchased several apartment buildings from him in the past. Then he quickly changed his tune and started showing me the place.

I work in a service oriented industry where I am around CEOs, Investment Bankers and high powered attorneys and I know that you must always treat each customer with respect and dignity. You never know what a person can or cannot afford. You may have wasted your time with potential customers, but that is also the nature of the business.
mocheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2011, 03:58 PM   #212
Rolex-Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Doc View Post
Morre Lyons in Clifton, NJ. Talk to Ron. I buy there because of their knowledge and respect.
I second this, Ron at Morre Lyons is fantastic, the CS is outstanding! They are very close to NYC.
Rolex-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 06:14 AM   #213
Bigred911s1
"TRF" Member

Tourneau has horrible customer service...

I purchased a new Yachtmaster for my wife as an anniversary present. I couldn't have the AD size it at the time of my purchase since it was a surprise gift. Well fast forward a month later she wanted to wear it to family party in Brooklyn. The prior day she went shopping for a new outfit and shoes with my daughter at King Prussia Mall and stopped by Tourneau to have it sized. There was no one in the store and yet the SA said they were backup up that she would need to leave it with them a few days. That’s crazy. The SA seemed like she couldn’t be bothered. So the next day on the way to the party my wife stopped at Gerald Peters in the Staten Island Mall and they sized it in 3 mins! My wife said they were so nice! We will never buy anything form Tourneau regardless of pricing. Their customer service and attitude suck! The folks at GP know the importance of providing excellent service 👍 By the way the Rolex display cases at GP were mostly empty.
Bigred911s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 06:49 AM   #214
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Sorry about the experience at Tourneau... but some locations (there are three in NYC) are only staffed by two SAs, one watchmaker, and one security guard. Don’t know what staffing is like at KOP mall. Your wife could have called ahead to make an appointment and she would have her watch sized while she waited.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 07:19 AM   #215
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
I can chime in here in the KOP Torneau location…. Been in a bunch of times. Always treated rudely and ignored. You have to beg to see a watch and even then they make rude comments like “we have payment plans”. Many years ago they did a have a big selection of sports models but now they have a few 2 tone datejusts and a few DD and that’s it. I wouldn’t buy a watch from them if my life depended on it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
124270 "R#" Explorer 1
79030B Black Bay 58
Brich436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 07:20 AM   #216
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Had the same experience at Rolex Vancouver yesterday. Waited outside with my wife, I was wearing my YM42 and she was wearing her Daydate, SA was helping two people who left so they let us in. The SA turned their back and walked away, they asked us to sit in the waiting area. Meanwhile SA’s were standing around talking to each other. Ones who were with customers were all doing some odd deals since the customers passports were on the table. After 15 minutes decided to leave. It’s nice being ignored. My wife said Rolex should do something about this, I just chuckled and told her Rolex couldn’t give a crap
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 07:32 AM   #217
MTBer
"TRF" Member

Maybe some Tourneaus just train their staff to ignore people I checked out the one in Caesar’s a couple years ago- was looking at the Tudor selection, and a sales associate was sitting behind the counter playing candy crush on her phone. I saw her briefly look up and noticed I was there, but didn’t acknowledge me at all. After 30 seconds or so, I asked if she could help me find someone who was allowed to show me a watch...the look on her face

One of the best watch shopping experiences I’ve ever had also happened to be at a Tourneau, but sadly closed a long time ago. The manager was a huge WIS and showed me all around to store. Wish I could have bought more than I winder from him.
MTBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 07:52 AM   #218
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
FWIW, this is a resurrected TEN YEAR OLD post. The dead giveaway was OP bothering to mention that they didn’t have any SS Daytona’s in the case.
Old 7 June 2021, 09:34 AM   #219
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Brinkhaus was AMAZING and still is but they don't carry Rolex anymore sadly
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 11:53 AM   #220
Fred48
Banned

I'm finding all the negative comments about Tourneau very interesting, as my one and only interaction with them was with a SA at their big store in Vegas. I had just gotten the watch bug, and was trying to visit all the luxury watch shops along the Strip. About 7pm, I literally stumbled into the Tourneau store to escape the August heat, and was met by a very nice woman who proceeded to spend over an hour talking watches and showing me, it seemed, nearly every watch brand in the store. Alas, I left with just her business card, but with a very good impression of her store. I had planned to return the following year, but then COVID hit. Still, a very nice experience.
Fred48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 04:30 PM   #221
Savwar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchsnob View Post
this is typical of them, write a letter and complain. In that letter include that you will be contacting rolex as well........
+1
Savwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 05:11 PM   #222
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehttaM View Post
That is EXACTLY what happened when Kyle and I went to Tourneau. They ignored us and talked to my dad.

Who’s kyle

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 08:41 PM   #223
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Dress like a bum, treated like a bum. Just buy a decent suit and use it for watch shopping. Problem solved....
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 08:43 PM   #224
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
FWIW, this is a resurrected TEN YEAR OLD post. The dead giveaway was OP bothering to mention that they didn’t have any SS Daytona’s in the case.
Right? I am so flattered my posts last 10 years!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 08:45 PM   #225
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Dress like a bum, treated like a bum. Just buy a decent suit and use it for watch shopping. Problem solved....
Did you even read my post? No, you must not have. Or maybe you missed the part where I explained I was wearing a suit, albeit with a loosened tie and carrying my suit coat (it was a hot day). But, I’ll go out and get an Armani, ...Calvin Kline? You tell me.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 09:00 PM   #226
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
When I walk into an AD I don’t say sh!t to anyone, beyond “hi”. I walk over to the display cases I wanna see and if they wanna talk to me, then fine, if not IDGAF.
Ive been to many ADs, in and out without saying a word to anyone, and without ever being acknowledged either.
They are just sales people, employees, same as the shoe guys at foot locker. There is no justification for arrogance.

Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar
Gary Busey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 09:51 PM   #227
Daveclock
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing and waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Who’s kyle

He's probably dead.....this is 10 years old resurrection.

Only interesting to see nothings changed much in meantime.

IBL (hopefully!)
Daveclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 09:54 PM   #228
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Guys cannot see any point in resurrecting any thread thats 10 years old, always best to start a new one.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 09:59 PM   #229
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Right? I am so flattered my posts last 10 years!

More like 12 years - congrats!

Prolly due to that headline you initially posted - it is a gifted one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 10:02 PM   #230
Daveclock
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing and waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Guys cannot see any point in resurrecting any thread thats 10 years old, always best to start a new one.
Someone with power will lock this thread.

Padi its good to see a glimpse of TRF before it was all $$$$£££££ stuff
Daveclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 10:40 PM   #231
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Or asking for the new DJII.

I've has a recent experience (this past winter) in Tourneau Atlanta, and it was actually great.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 02:44 AM   #232
WatFam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
lol what?

Tourneau isn't a thing in NYC. No one cares about Tourneau or Wempe here.

Guys in t-shirts spend 5 figures on 47th Street every day. OP just made the mistake of going to Tourneau, which isn't where the NYC watch crowd goes.
WatFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 09:36 AM   #233
sp5702
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatFam View Post
lol what?

Tourneau isn't a thing in NYC. No one about Tourneau or Wempe here.

Guys in t-shirts spend 5 figures on 47th Street every day. OP just made the mistake of going to Tourneau, which isn't where the NYC watch crowd goes.

My SA at Bryant Park’s been very good in getting me a Sub, BLRO, and Exp II Polar in the last 18 months. Plenty of people getting watches at retail through them and Wempe.

I must not be part of the “ NYC watch crowd”. Whatever that is.
sp5702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 10:22 AM   #234
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp5702 View Post
My SA at Bryant Park’s been very good in getting me a Sub, BLRO, and Exp II Polar in the last 18 months. Plenty of people getting watches at retail through them and Wempe.

FWIW I had a great experience with Tourneau in nyc 4 years ago buying a 114060. I've been trying to buy another watch from them and no one answers the phone at any of their stores over the last 3 weeks. I have gotten through maybe twice on a dozen or so calls. I even left a message with what I was seeking to buy and couldn't even get a callback.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 10:26 AM   #235
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp5702 View Post

Funny, my SA in Omaha has been great to me!
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 10:56 AM   #236
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
FWIW I had a great experience with Tourneau in nyc 4 years ago buying a 114060. I've been trying to buy another watch from them and no one answers the phone at any of their stores over the last 3 weeks. I have gotten through maybe twice on a dozen or so calls. I even left a message with what I was seeking to buy and couldn't even get a callback.
Yea 4 years away a world away.....they probably get 500 Daytona Pepsi calls a day.....in no hurry to get back to anybody....just sell to grey or VIP
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 11:01 AM   #237
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Did you even read my post? No, you must not have. Or maybe you missed the part where I explained I was wearing a suit, albeit with a loosened tie and carrying my suit coat (it was a hot day). But, I’ll go out and get an Armani, ...Calvin Kline? You tell me.
Tuxedo!
Old 9 June 2021, 07:10 AM   #238
sp5702
"TRF" Member

Bad Experience at Tourneau in New York City

Deleted.
sp5702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 12:52 AM   #239
S5swag305
"TRF" Member

Although this thread is quite old, unfortunately I can report that I’ve had two pretty poor experiences at Torneua on Madison/53rd St over the past few years.

I work nearby so have stopped in time to time. Recently I went in to simply chat with a SA about inquiring a DJ41 for an upcoming special occasion. Despite being very nicely dressed, and clearly wearing a nice ($9k) watch on my wrist, the SA could not care less about establishing a relationship or wanting to chat. I understand the supply/demand imbalances right now, but for a salesperson, regardless of industry, the attitude is just appalling. Complete waste of time and I can safely say I will not be purchasing any watches (Rolex or others) from Torneua going forward…

S5swag305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2021, 06:40 AM   #240
RFC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1968 5513 Sub
I didn’t have this problem when I purchased a DJ from this same store in 1996. The work ethic of employees and customer service have changed for the worse since then. This applies to many retailers across the board.
RFC is offline   Reply With Quote