The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 13 May 2017, 04:32 PM   #1
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
And last but not least... There is the Visconti Divina Metropolitan Green Celluloid

Hard to stop when you are on a roll. This one is incoming and should be here Monday or Tuesday. Chatterley Luxuries really worked with me very well to hit my budget for some pens. I highly recommend Bryant and the guys at Chatterley! Just good guys!

Visconti Divina Metropolitan in Green Celluloid. Medium nib as no stub is available, but I may have my nibmeister put a left oblique or a stub or even an italic.

The Metropolitan Divinas are made with the same celluloid as the Wall Street pens. I think it is one of the nicest patterns out there!

Check out this You Tube video on how Visconti makes the Divina! They even make the sterling wire for the twists turning the wire out of sterling ingots and then stretching the wire with a huge drawing machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HMuZCJEsrk

I was amazed at how many steps it takes to build just one. These Viscontis are not mass produced pens. None of them are and thus the price reflects artisans creating each pen by hand. Even choosing NOT to by sterling wire from a 3rd party! Fantastic! And no wonder they are Limited Editions! After making a few of them I wouldn't want to make any more! Sheesh!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
What's happening!? You've gone mad for the Italians!! I've had my eye on a green divina bronze maxi. The metropolitan as well. If it was offered in bronze trim I would be done for. Don't blame you for picking up a Divina for a second! Well done! Strike while the deals are hot!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2017, 08:18 AM   #3
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
What's happening!? You've gone mad for the Italians!! I've had my eye on a green divina bronze maxi. The metropolitan as well. If it was offered in bronze trim I would be done for. Don't blame you for picking up a Divina for a second! Well done! Strike while the deals are hot!
You are right. But I got a really good tax refund and am selling some and buying some.

And with Omas gone Visconti is the next best thing.

I just got this Wall Street today and there is no way that any photograph can capture the beauty of this pen. Don't hesitate a second.

The Bronze Maxi was my second choice after the metropolitan. I will very likely get the BM next.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote