The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 March 2016, 07:26 AM   #1
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
15202ST availability (EU)

Did anyone purchase or was looking to purchase a 15202ST recently in the EU, at either an AD or an AP Boutique? Is there even the slimmest chance of finding one on stock? If not, then do ADs manage a waiting list? If yes, then how long are they usually? A couple of months or couple of years? I've heard disappointing news on Nautilus 5711/1A waiting lists, some ADs predicting at least 2 or 3 years of waiting to get one. I hope AP's Jumbo is less of a hot item

Thank you
Old 18 March 2016, 05:55 PM   #2
LeooooFerdinand
"TRF" Member

saw one from France, listed 20xxx euro
LeooooFerdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2016, 06:07 PM   #3
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeooooFerdinand View Post
saw one from France, listed 20xxx euro
Do you mean you saw one in the window of a French AP AD? That would be great if they were readily available :)
Old 19 March 2016, 04:52 AM   #4
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
2 years ago in the Paris boutique I was told they get 4 per year and had 94 people on waiting list, yeah right, they clearly wanted me to buy another model, hard to see at AD but not so much like 5711/5167's
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 05:01 AM   #5
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
2 years ago in the Paris boutique I was told they get 4 per year and had 94 people on waiting list, yeah right, they clearly wanted me to buy another model, hard to see at AD but not so much like 5711/5167's
Thank you. Quite frankly, I'm not the kind of guy who can be scared off with a long waiting list :) Even if the info were true, waiting lists can quickly erode, especially after several months of waiting. Many of us reconsider a purchase months after putting our names on the waiting list, some others ran out of money or burn it on another purchase, and some even don't remember of how they got on the list

And my options are quite limited: I'd like to get a classic steel RO, on bracelet, brand new, dark dial, max. 39mm size. Before 2012 I've had the 15300ST as an option next to the 15202ST, but now it's not the case anymore. I wish the 15450ST was available with a dark dial. That would be a more affordable and much easier way of getting (back) into the RO game.
Old 19 March 2016, 05:24 AM   #6
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Check with the trusted sellers here - seen a few 15202's like new and 1 BNIB, but it'll run you US $18-22.5k.

Just got my double-sealed 5711 w/blue dial and am still admiring it in the packaging!
Old 19 March 2016, 05:43 AM   #7
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettpaul View Post
Check with the trusted sellers here - seen a few 15202's like new and 1 BNIB, but it'll run you US $18-22.5k.
That could work, but it has to be in the EU to let me avoid paying customs tax + local VAT on it :(

Quote:
Just got my double-sealed 5711 w/blue dial and am still admiring it in the packaging!
Where's the envy smiley? J/K, and congrats! Strangely enough, sealed 5711/1A's can be easily purchased here, from multiple sellers, but they go for 30K euros. Yikes... I'm not sure if I'm ready to pay over MSRP for any watch, let alone a difference that would otherwise get me a nice steel Rolex or Omega.
Old 19 March 2016, 06:33 AM   #8
PJ S
Banned

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarsp...-id3611761.htm – Riccardo has a very good track record with those who’ve bought from him.
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarsp...-id4209289.htm – buy at the right price, get it serviced and polished, if needed…Bob’s your uncle.
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarsp...-id3016591.htm
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 06:46 AM   #9
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarsp...-id3611761.htm – Riccardo has a very good track record with those who’ve bought from him.
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarsp...-id4209289.htm – buy at the right price, get it serviced and polished, if needed…Bob’s your uncle.
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/audemarsp...-id3016591.htm
Thanks a lot!
Old 19 March 2016, 10:06 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
Thanks a lot!
Riccardo does have a good rep. I would still probably fly over and pick it up.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 07:44 PM   #11
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
That could work, but it has to be in the EU to let me avoid paying customs tax + local VAT on it :(

Where's the envy smiley? J/K, and congrats! Strangely enough, sealed 5711/1A's can be easily purchased here, from multiple sellers, but they go for 30K euros. Yikes... I'm not sure if I'm ready to pay over MSRP for any watch, let alone a difference that would otherwise get me a nice steel Rolex or Omega.

Thanks mate - they can be found sourced from Dubai if you check Dubizzle.com. I actually got my 5711 from a collector there and paid about US$ 26k.

I've seen several like new and new 15400s and 15202s recently - given the wealth in the region you see lots f interesting pieces including AP Openworks quite frequently for sale at relatively fair pricing before you even negotiate.

Happy hunting!
Old 18 May 2017, 04:28 PM   #12
key
"TRF" Member

Bumping this thread.

How available are the 15202s in the EU?

I know that it's still hard to get them at ADs and a bit easier to get them from boutiques, but am curious about the waitlists & wait times for the 15202s. If I called some boutiques in Europe a couple months in advance, would I be able to source one at MSRP? (With the VAT refund, I believe it'll still end up being much cheaper than purchasing it in the U.S.)

If the wait times are less than 6 months or a year, I would like to "plan" my vacation to Europe in advance!
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 05:12 PM   #13
Only70Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Bumping this thread.

How available are the 15202s in the EU?

I know that it's still hard to get them at ADs and a bit easier to get them from boutiques, but am curious about the waitlists & wait times for the 15202s. If I called some boutiques in Europe a couple months in advance, would I be able to source one at MSRP? (With the VAT refund, I believe it'll still end up being much cheaper than purchasing it in the U.S.)

If the wait times are less than 6 months or a year, I would like to "plan" my vacation to Europe in advance!
I've waited for my 15202ST for only 2 months, after ordering it at the Prague (Czech Republic) AP Boutique in September 2016. Very friendly service, and of course I've got it at MSRP. My friend got his 15202ST from the same boutique at MSRP, after a 3 months wait, right before I've ordered mine. 20% deposit is necessary to secure your watch though.

Drop me a private message in case you need an introduction to my contact at the Prague boutique.
Only70Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 06:06 PM   #14
jackal981
"TRF" Member

Watch: RM FPJ PP AP R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only70Watch View Post
I've waited for my 15202ST for only 2 months, after ordering it at the Prague (Czech Republic) AP Boutique in September 2016. Very friendly service, and of course I've got it at MSRP. My friend got his 15202ST from the same boutique at MSRP, after a 3 months wait, right before I've ordered mine. 20% deposit is necessary to secure your watch though.

Drop me a private message in case you need an introduction to my contact at the Prague boutique.
How is the price compared to grey market ? Going to Europe for vacation soon and might be interested bringing one home
jackal981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 07:21 PM   #15
Only70Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal981 View Post
How is the price compared to grey market ? Going to Europe for vacation soon and might be interested bringing one home
Got mine for 22543 euros, including 21% VAT. You need to compare that to the prices on Chrono24. I haven't bothered going down that path, since the potential savings didn't seem to worth the hassle to me. It was a whole different story about my GO Seventies and IWC Ingenieur: -20 to 30% on the grey market, combined with wide availability is something to consider, of course.
Only70Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 08:27 PM   #16
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
But when I went on the same day, a few years later, to the Boutique and to Chronopassion shop, my 2 favorite watch shops in Paris, both had just received them and I could have gotten it at both had I wanted, they told me they didn't take any list, first come first serve, maybe if you call them and they happened to get one they could hold it for you a few days, or more if you wire them the funds the same day. Notnsure if the Jumbo is still available outside of Boutique, maybe it's a Boutique only watch now, call them, if they have one write me a PM, will put you in contact with the right person there.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:57 PM   #17
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
You probably won't get a discount on the grey market anymore. AP heavily limited the 15202 from ADs. Only like 25 were given to ADs in north america. DavidSW here on the forums had one brand new recently for sale. He sold it for like 20-21k in 1 day.

If you want a discount, you'll have to go used.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 10:58 PM   #18
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Call around you'll get one within a few months. I live in the US and was told I could have one by end of year by a certain boutique in Europe. I took the time and sent alot of emails to alot of boutiques and ADs in Europe because of the favorable exchange rate and VAT refund
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 12:35 AM   #19
Ton91
"TRF" Member

Try Italy boutique, When I got mine it was readily available.
Ton91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 04:21 AM   #20
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Might be worth buying unworn from a UK reseller on chrono24, no VAT but the dollar saves you around 15%.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 06:16 AM   #21
scuba77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Price in the Geneva boutique is CHF in 22200 or 20555 CHF net but have few months wait ... that makes it cheaper then any grey dealer in the UK who don't even have them physically in stock and you also get a 5 year warranty... Watchfinder had one priced at £19.9k used (no hang tag etc) but mint and sold within one week
scuba77 is offline   Reply With Quote