The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 August 2011, 07:47 PM   #31
Raucky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss Wht V
None, as I only have one (so far) because I don't run a close bank account budget wise. My rule is that watch money is always spent after I have "X" amount sitting in the accounts for rainy days. Plus I only started watch collecting this year, so I only have two nice watches.

Lets be honest we've all been having rainy days this past week in the market. I feel like a I've won by only losing 5% in the market over the past week or so and I finally feel a little better about having most my investments good old fashion dirt. I took a huge hit there when that market crashed though.
Old 11 August 2011, 08:27 PM   #32
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
IMO, you should have nothing in the markets that is considered "investment money" that is likely to be needed in the next 5 years.

If you have..... then there is a strong argument to say you have not planned your financial affairs carefully enough and are effectively gambling with your money because you may be forced to sell to meet short term needs at a loss.

But there's nothing to say you can't have a short term gambling fund as well as more sensible long term investment money and mine's being topped-up as we speak. Even if this isn't the bottom, it's comparitive "sale" values compared to earlier this year when everyone else was happy to invest.

The market moves on greed and fear...... buying at the top when everything looks rosey and investors worry about missing out on the good returns and that "greed factor" kicks in ...... and then panic selling at the bottom when the "fear factor" kicks in and they fear losing everything.

Almost like buying consumer goods just before Christmas when everything is highly priced and then selling in the January sales.

But I'm very pleased people do this .......as I like buying when everything is effectively on sale And have many "free" watches paid for by other people's stupidity as a result. Long may it continue.....

So I look as this sort of volatility not in terms of how many watches I have lost but how many I will be able to buy in x months time when markets rebound.....Can't wait
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2011, 09:11 PM   #33
texex91
"TRF" Member

Zippo. I save my money and market will go up and market will go down. Rolex and Panerai are safe at the casa.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2011, 10:17 PM   #34
Oyster1982
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DJ
I m fine, dont need to sell my watches.
Old 11 August 2011, 10:55 PM   #35
landroverking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Right now a buyers market. Over the last couple of years I trade down a 18k blue sub for SD & cash. Sold two speedmasters at the beginning of summer. Truth is I am paring down my collection to add another Daytona. Either SS or gold. I already have a Zenith TT.
landroverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2011, 12:41 AM   #36
rolio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Birdies
No $ in stocks. Maybe that's a good thing, considering the way everything has been going lately. I do know someone who just lost 60% of their porfolio. I guess, if like many I've read from in this forum, you make your purchase with designated funds, or savings, it won't affect your bottom line. That would be a good thing.

Rolex~By way of an extraordinary life,
and all the simple pleasures it has to offer
~
rolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2011, 01:20 AM   #37
cferrel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I am a investor and pulled off making 20% in this market and will make more cash once this irrational trading stops.

I think im actually crazy
I buy large market downturns and sell when everyone is too excited to stay in one place.

Daytona is next though in several years and it would be my luck that I buy it when Rolex Explorer needs to be serviced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolio View Post
No $ in stocks. Maybe that's a good thing, considering the way everything has been going lately. I do know someone who just lost 60% of their porfolio. I guess, if like many I've read from in this forum, you make your purchase with designated funds, or savings, it won't affect your bottom line. That would be a good thing.
cferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2011, 01:30 AM   #38
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by (DMB) View Post
None. The money I blow on stuff like watches is not tied to money I use for living.
Same for me
SkyKing31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2011, 01:31 AM   #39
buke45
Banned

Watch: Your Butt
I put off getting a WG DD for now because I might get it cheaper if the market keeps stalling.
buke45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2011, 01:32 AM   #40
B. Doggy
"TRF" Member

None for me.