The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 March 2017, 07:52 AM   #451
croslandjackson
"TRF" Member

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
croslandjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 07:53 AM   #452
croslandjackson
"TRF" Member

Old 23 March 2017, 07:54 AM   #453
croslandjackson
"TRF" Member

New to the forum...Here you go!

Old 10 April 2017, 09:49 PM   #454
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Chalk up another....

Because one isn't enough...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1616.jpg (99.2 KB, 745 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1624.jpg (52.5 KB, 752 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1621.jpg (92.5 KB, 752 views)
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2017, 12:08 AM   #455
Shamorai
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16523, 116610LV
Wow, two!!! Nice pair! Congrats on your new purchase!
Was staring at that same blue fluted in an AD window last week. Looked so nice.
Shamorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2017, 12:10 AM   #456
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Don't stare at it too long, they're disappearing fast!
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 12:12 PM   #457
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Have to join in

Old 21 May 2017, 12:48 PM   #458
versatile1
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ2 Blue Romans
I chose the Romans because I'm a huge fan and always have been. My wife wears a 36mm Rodium dial with Romans and smooth bezel. I've noticed too that with Romans it doesn't support the argument that the DJ2 looks odd ( not in proportion to ) compared to the 36mm Datejust. I've never understood why people want to compare the 2 that way when the point is not for the watches to be the identical looking counterparts but that they are in fact 2 completely different watches
image.jpg

Life is a cruel teacher
It will give you the test first and the lesson later
versatile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 12:54 PM   #459
ShneaSIG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor
I'm in the club!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170505_104453.jpg (101.7 KB, 645 views)
ShneaSIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 02:06 PM   #460
gabrielc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Dj4,dd,daytona
my DJII
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7961.jpg (103.6 KB, 635 views)
gabrielc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 04:14 AM   #461
h20addict
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
I tried a DJ2 on at my AD a couple weeks ago, and after going through this thread for probably the 7th time I'm very tempted to join the ranks of this "club".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170429_122732.jpg (70.3 KB, 650 views)
h20addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 07:27 AM   #462
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20addict View Post
I tried a DJ2 on at my AD a couple weeks ago, and after going through this thread for probably the 7th time I'm very tempted to join the ranks of this "club".
They are great watches; good luck with you decision!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 03:48 PM   #463
skrtalal
"TRF" Member

anyway here's mine...
skrtalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 08:52 PM   #464
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Watch: DaytonaC, 16710B

Joined the club 4 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rpl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2017, 12:58 AM   #465
Thornton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Apple Watch Series
DJ2UK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2017, 10:27 AM   #466
LJG
"TRF" Member

Pretty excited to be joining this club with my first Rolex!

My new blue stick / fluted bezel will be here tomorrow morning
LJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2017, 06:46 AM   #467
rkot07
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, DD, DJ II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2017, 08:42 AM   #468
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2605.jpg (110.6 KB, 493 views)
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2017, 01:57 PM   #469
bjr011
"TRF" Member

Glad I joined the club!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender[2] 1.04.29 PM.jpg (64.2 KB, 480 views)
bjr011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2017, 09:57 AM   #470
LJG
"TRF" Member

Joined the club last week - here's a couple of shots! Love the dial going from deep, almost black, navy to a nice medium blue.

LJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2017, 03:53 AM   #471
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bysn View Post
[IMG]
Wow, just stumbled across this amazing photo. Well done
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 05:33 AM   #472
Lew_greene
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Here's my beautiful Datejust
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Datejust.jpg (187.8 KB, 421 views)
Lew_greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 05:41 AM   #473
stockjock1975
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platona
Love my DJ II.

stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 04:19 PM   #474
Rfblee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew_greene View Post
Here's my beautiful Datejust
Hi Lew, did you change your dial? Your hands don't seem to have lume
Rfblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 05:09 PM   #475
Reloko
"TRF" Member

Reloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2017, 03:10 AM   #476
bentoboi
"TRF" Member

Just got meself a DJ2

Hi dear all Rolex forum watch gurus…I’m so excited to join this group and I know many people have been going to for the 41, I just hope that in future this thread wont fade off because of the existence of 41. Before I start let me just say that this is an introduction of me towards the forum and also my watch review after so long, but I’m not going to touch on the pros and cons or how does it look on my wrist. I rather share part of my life experience and why ROLEX has such a huge impact in my life. No point if I repeat what the rolex catalogue stated right?? =).

Growing up in South East Asia, Malaysia - and raise by Chinese mix Thai family. I was born in the early 80’s. Back then, during the 80’s and 90’s, if one were to join the rich band OR being successful – You better own a ROLEX regardless on which model or else no one will believe you. Every morning the 1st advert in my local newspaper has always been Rolex, and even on women’s fashion magazines. Usually, the ad presents either a day-date or datejust. The ads back then didn’t really rely on ambassadors, just plain simple ROLEX brand name and crown logo-then a picture or DD or DJ. Because in our country during the 90’s you don’t need movie stars or super athletics to post for the ads, everybody from young to old, educate or non-educate, super rich or fairly poor, ROLEX is a super SYMBOL of success (the success package goes with a MERC E-class Masterpiece or S-class 320). No matter one is in stock broking, property development, lawyer, doctor or even a farmer and butcher. Everybody that owns a ROLEX either has a DJ or DD, subs/GMTs/Daytona’s at the time were little unfamous because it is not flashy enough (within my childhood and teenage hood environment). The brand ROLEX has been engraved into my mind……..I hope dear readers get the picture on where am I going on my story.

For the past 10 years, every time when I walk passed an AD, I will walk in and have a glance (visiting time is always less than 5 minutes and every time it’s a different AD so that I wont look it a weirdo) on the Milgauss, just to motivate meself. I like the lightning hands, unique lume and 40mm size.
My collection has always been tough and reliable. A shy, silly yet honest excuse because I simply can’t afford swiss made high end watches, hence, Seiko, Casio has always been my grails. I own a 3 seikos, and a whole bunch of G-shocks. I basically sold off everything and top up a hell lot of cash to fund my Milgauss white dial (my initial target). So I saved my arse off on every darn thing I could save and sold whatever valuables that I don’t really need, I even thought of selling my kidney (yes, just kidding!! but a healthy kidney is equivalent to a PATEK Nautilus with complications in S.E.A).

After all these trouble, I walked into an AD which has fairly reasonable pricing and this time I don’t need to pretend that I’m gonna buy the watch, I can finally pull the trigger for real. Unfortunately, Milgauss was out of stock (low demand) and they reckon that I get the Explorer II white dial. I have a midsize wrist and I have no complains on the Exp II, but something was missing when it was on my wrist…looks rather small and rather light weight and the thickness is not what I expected. Then the next thing they brought out was a DJ ii smooth bezel white dial with index markers……that’s kinda replace the Milgauss in their opinion. But there was a sparkling lights that kept glaring my eye sight on the other far end corner of the display cabinet…as thought the watch is sending me a message with lights…hehehehe..

Indeed the sparkle got my attention and it was the sparks from the fluted bezel and Rhodium dial…OMG, I was stunned and amazed on how this beautiful beast reflects from the shining bright lights. Of course, the almost identical twin brother was lying next to it – The DJ 41. It didn’t took me long to decide because, I don’t really need 70 hours power reserved or slightly thinner (dressier) watch and the 41 doesn’t have Arabic numbers ‘for now’ (another silly yet honest excuse because DJii is slightly cheaper) ….

I know some of the fellow members had mentioned the super PROs of the DJ41 compared to the DJii. Of course, the DJ41 has to be better because ROLEX spend millions on doing RnD and improving the case, proportion, NEW jubilee, Slimmer bezel etc………so normally in this type of situation I would pretend (only towards myself) that the DJ41 never existed, in order to have a peace of mind.

Been few weeks since I got the DJii, everybody in my family kept complaining that I cant take my eyes out from the watch…even my wife has given up on nagging me. For the 1st few days after getting the DJii, it also followed me into my throne in the morning, because I cant stop admiring how much effort and detail ROLEX has put into their product. I personally like the rhythm of the ticking sound.
To concluded this intro/review of mine, my next move is to wear this DJii whenever I walk into the AD but this time I will definitely try the Skydweller OR Daytona …….just to motivate meself again and might really consider on selling my kidney (since I have 2 of them..just need 1 will do) ahahahhahaahahaha
Thanks for having the patience to read my draggy review/story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg djii blue lume sahara.jpg (162.2 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg djii 11 font.jpg (133.1 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg djii ori lume.jpg (101.9 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg djii quad en.jpg (200.1 KB, 310 views)
bentoboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 06:22 AM   #477
rkim11
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentoboi View Post
Hi dear all Rolex forum watch gurus…I’m so excited to join this group and I know many people have been going to for the 41, I just hope that in future this thread wont fade off because of the existence of 41. Before I start let me just say that this is an introduction of me towards the forum and also my watch review after so long, but I’m not going to touch on the pros and cons or how does it look on my wrist. I rather share part of my life experience and why ROLEX has such a huge impact in my life. No point if I repeat what the rolex catalogue stated right?? =).

Growing up in South East Asia, Malaysia - and raise by Chinese mix Thai family. I was born in the early 80’s. Back then, during the 80’s and 90’s, if one were to join the rich band OR being successful – You better own a ROLEX regardless on which model or else no one will believe you. Every morning the 1st advert in my local newspaper has always been Rolex, and even on women’s fashion magazines. Usually, the ad presents either a day-date or datejust. The ads back then didn’t really rely on ambassadors, just plain simple ROLEX brand name and crown logo-then a picture or DD or DJ. Because in our country during the 90’s you don’t need movie stars or super athletics to post for the ads, everybody from young to old, educate or non-educate, super rich or fairly poor, ROLEX is a super SYMBOL of success (the success package goes with a MERC E-class Masterpiece or S-class 320). No matter one is in stock broking, property development, lawyer, doctor or even a farmer and butcher. Everybody that owns a ROLEX either has a DJ or DD, subs/GMTs/Daytona’s at the time were little unfamous because it is not flashy enough (within my childhood and teenage hood environment). The brand ROLEX has been engraved into my mind……..I hope dear readers get the picture on where am I going on my story.

For the past 10 years, every time when I walk passed an AD, I will walk in and have a glance (visiting time is always less than 5 minutes and every time it’s a different AD so that I wont look it a weirdo) on the Milgauss, just to motivate meself. I like the lightning hands, unique lume and 40mm size.
My collection has always been tough and reliable. A shy, silly yet honest excuse because I simply can’t afford swiss made high end watches, hence, Seiko, Casio has always been my grails. I own a 3 seikos, and a whole bunch of G-shocks. I basically sold off everything and top up a hell lot of cash to fund my Milgauss white dial (my initial target). So I saved my arse off on every darn thing I could save and sold whatever valuables that I don’t really need, I even thought of selling my kidney (yes, just kidding!! but a healthy kidney is equivalent to a PATEK Nautilus with complications in S.E.A).

After all these trouble, I walked into an AD which has fairly reasonable pricing and this time I don’t need to pretend that I’m gonna buy the watch, I can finally pull the trigger for real. Unfortunately, Milgauss was out of stock (low demand) and they reckon that I get the Explorer II white dial. I have a midsize wrist and I have no complains on the Exp II, but something was missing when it was on my wrist…looks rather small and rather light weight and the thickness is not what I expected. Then the next thing they brought out was a DJ ii smooth bezel white dial with index markers……that’s kinda replace the Milgauss in their opinion. But there was a sparkling lights that kept glaring my eye sight on the other far end corner of the display cabinet…as thought the watch is sending me a message with lights…hehehehe..

Indeed the sparkle got my attention and it was the sparks from the fluted bezel and Rhodium dial…OMG, I was stunned and amazed on how this beautiful beast reflects from the shining bright lights. Of course, the almost identical twin brother was lying next to it – The DJ 41. It didn’t took me long to decide because, I don’t really need 70 hours power reserved or slightly thinner (dressier) watch and the 41 doesn’t have Arabic numbers ‘for now’ (another silly yet honest excuse because DJii is slightly cheaper) ….

I know some of the fellow members had mentioned the super PROs of the DJ41 compared to the DJii. Of course, the DJ41 has to be better because ROLEX spend millions on doing RnD and improving the case, proportion, NEW jubilee, Slimmer bezel etc………so normally in this type of situation I would pretend (only towards myself) that the DJ41 never existed, in order to have a peace of mind.

Been few weeks since I got the DJii, everybody in my family kept complaining that I cant take my eyes out from the watch…even my wife has given up on nagging me. For the 1st few days after getting the DJii, it also followed me into my throne in the morning, because I cant stop admiring how much effort and detail ROLEX has put into their product. I personally like the rhythm of the ticking sound.
To concluded this intro/review of mine, my next move is to wear this DJii whenever I walk into the AD but this time I will definitely try the Skydweller OR Daytona …….just to motivate meself again and might really consider on selling my kidney (since I have 2 of them..just need 1 will do) ahahahhahaahahaha
Thanks for having the patience to read my draggy review/story.
Welcome to the Forum. Think you will fit in just fine here as you have found beings that think just like you. Congrats on the beautiful watch. The Arabics really pop.
rkim11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 07:16 PM   #478
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Yes indeed, the blue Arabics are stunning. Great DJ II. I bought the smooth bezel. I could not be happier.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2017, 08:22 PM   #479
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfblee View Post
Hi Lew, did you change your dial? Your hands don't seem to have lume
Oh dear!,,
not another dj2 with the wrong hands fitted,,,,,,
if bought with those hands fitted then you will be due a full refund unless you were informed of a dial/hands change but putting non-luminous hands on a luminous dial makes no sense.....jay
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2017, 11:53 AM   #480
pinkelle21
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex 116300
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
pinkelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote