The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 March 2017, 03:49 PM   #91
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Two or three seconds a week either way is not unusual. Most of my Rolex and Tudors will keep to that, or even better with overnightt positioning. And keeping track of, and admiring, a movement's performance is, for me and many others, part of the pleasure of owning a mechanical watch, not OCD.
I agree that two or three seconds per week is not unusual but the post I was responding to calculates to <1 second +/- per week. That is remarkable and practically unbelievable considering COSC spec is -1 to +5 per day.

I appreciate the mechanical movements for what they are, not because of their accuracy. IMO, syncing your watch to the atomic clock every morning is pointless. But as the saying goes, to each their own.
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2017, 03:54 PM   #92
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Yes, +0.2/day. It's a 114060 and that rate is if worn 24/7 and averaged out over one week. I'm fortunate in that I have an excellent technician at my dealer and was able to work with him to get to that point of accuracy. It had been running +1.3 and I asked him to slow it down one second, +0.2 was the result.

As for your OCD tendencies, all I can say is fair enough.
Your post implied that my watch needs to be regulated. My watches are all within spec while you went to get your regulated to that point. Not all Rolexes, including yours, do not arrive out the the box like that.
Old 8 March 2017, 12:09 AM   #93
Arclight
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
Your post implied that my watch needs to be regulated. My watches are all within spec while you went to get your regulated to that point. Not all Rolexes, including yours, do not arrive out the the box like that.
Yes, my friend, it did and it was in response to your original statement:

"Considering these watches are far from accurate and would require daily adjustment, I see it as a complete waste of time."
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2017, 02:45 AM   #94
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Yes, my friend, it did and it was in response to your original statement:

"Considering these watches are far from accurate and would require daily adjustment, I see it as a complete waste of time."
No worries. It was a general statement. I'm happy that your watch is exceptional. Mine being within spec and my only expectation is that the time is relatively close. I don't expect precision from a mechanical watch hence not finding it necessary to sync to the second only to be disappointed.
Old 8 March 2017, 02:59 AM   #95
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera997 View Post
I guess I'm OCD and a perfectionist. I have to hack my watch with the second hand at twelve and the minute hand precisely on the minute marker. I find it easier to place the minute hand precisely in the middle of one of the round 5 minute markers. Then start the watch exactly when it reaches that time using atomic time on the computer. Who else has this OCD condition and do I ever want to be cured of it?

Steve
Well IMHO just to much OCD life to short to worry about setting any watch to the exact second.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2017, 04:29 AM   #96
Arclight
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
No worries. It was a general statement. I'm happy that your watch is exceptional. Mine being within spec and my only expectation is that the time is relatively close. I don't expect precision from a mechanical watch hence not finding it necessary to sync to the second only to be disappointed.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 04:18 AM   #97
DGB
"TRF" Member

And I thought I was alone being precision freak, I make sure the minute hand is exactly on the line when the second hand is on the 12.
I also monitor my watch to see how many second it differs from the atomic watch per day. My Sub is incredibly accurate: less than -1 second per month.
My GMT2 gains 7 seconds per days, too fast for me, I sent it to RSC to slow it down, hopefully they will fix it to meet my crazy expectations.
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 06:00 AM   #98
Speed
"TRF" Member

I try to set time at a marker. I use the watchville app.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 06:41 AM   #99
SearChart
TechXpert

Only when I set other people's watches to time after a service. For my own, I couldn't care less.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 07:55 AM   #100
wrist_watcher
Banned

Watch: GMTII
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well IMHO just to much OCD life to short to worry about setting any watch to the exact second.
It is a sickness some of us have. The only way to tolerate it is to feed the OCD.
wrist_watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 07:11 AM   #101
GSDLover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5205r-010
Amateurs. How many of you have all of the screws holding your light switches and electrical outlets in your house all parallel to the ground?
GSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 07:47 AM   #102
jatco
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Amateurs. How many of you have all of the screws holding your light switches and electrical outlets in your house all parallel to the ground?
...None...
They, (spade/slot screws)..are All Vertical to the ground... the way it should be...!!

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote