The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 April 2017, 07:16 AM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
So they charged you the correct price for the 26mm even though they told you it was the 28mm. Not ideal but not that big of a deal if the shoe fits. If he offered you the 28mm would you pay the £300 extra or do you want him to wipe the difference?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 08:22 AM   #32
Ragna
Banned

Misleading Rolex Sale

Prices aside... it was misleading

Poor, uninformed, and unversed salesmanship.

As a consequence the client got something thinking that it was something else.

To me thats the issue. Not the price. Never the price.

To say that 2mm is not a big difference is to evade the problem.

And the problem is that the client was given a different product than what she was looking for. Just Because she couldnt check the details herself.

So she needs to take a digital caliper to a boutique ?

. . . Ok rant over
Ragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 08:33 AM   #33
lostis4d
"TRF" Member

its the principal of the whole situation, I don't think they have intentionally tried to give you a lesser product, I think its a member of staff who isn't well informed with Rolex models/doesn't really care.
Just go back and show the manager the model number and explain to the manger you were sold a 28mm and would prefer the watch you paid for, end of.
If the manager argues with you over this, then you know what kind of company you are dealing with.
lostis4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:25 AM   #34
kim chandler
"TRF" Member

Thank you Haywood Milton for you reply and good advise regarding the watch. If you don't mind I would like the details of Frazer Hart. May I ask what AD stands for?
kim chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:27 AM   #35
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim chandler View Post
Thank you Haywood Milton for you reply and good advise regarding the watch. If you don't mind I would like the details of Frazer Hart. May I ask what AD stands for?
Authorised Dealer...
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:27 AM   #36
kim chandler
"TRF" Member

Also thank you lotis4d and Ragna
Old 27 April 2017, 05:38 AM   #37
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
It's too bad the details have ruined your enjoyment of the watch. Interested in what the manager will say although I think the options are limited on what they can do.

I know it's a gift but if you cannot enjoy the watch any longer the only solution is to get one that you will.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 05:40 AM   #38
eonflux
"TRF" Member

I would be upset w/ the salesperson as well.

Maybe the OP could be happy with the watch she actually has, but it wasn't what she had asked for and the salesperson stated was purchased for her.

I recently got my wife a 28mm and it's hard to tell in the case and on the wrist the size difference from the 26mm, but to me, there's a big difference in the movement, a 2236 with the new Syloxi balance spring and longer power reserve (28mm) vs a 2235 (26mm).

Also, a bigger discount should be available with the 26mm.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 06:19 AM   #39
hoppes-no9
"TRF" Member

That's too beautiful a watch to quibble over 2mm one way or the other, and the AD's "mistake", if there was one, shouldn't diminish your enjoyment of it.

My advice is to enjoy one of the most beautiful women's watches available and take pleasure in the fact that your SO gave it to you.

Let the other stuff go.
hoppes-no9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 07:12 AM   #40
kim chandler
"TRF" Member

Hi all

I have written a letter of complaint to the store and National Association of Jewellers I will let you know how I get on! Thanks Hoppes-no 9 if It doesn't work out I will let it go
Old 27 April 2017, 07:17 AM   #41
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
If it was a gift and you are happy I would let it go.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 08:08 AM   #42
116500LN
Banned

Just curious but what kind of resolution would be satisfactory to you?

If everything you say is true, then the store is at fault. If there is something that can be done to resolve the mistake, you should probably state it in your letter. Otherwise, they'll laugh at your letter and throw it out or send you a free Rolex set of cuff links.
116500LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 08:55 AM   #43
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I hope you wrote Fraser Hart with an S not Z otherwise your calling them out for lack of attention to detail is rather undermined.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 09:11 AM   #44
SamP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680/8 & '88 16528
Just wondering, in your profile, does Londpn stand for London.
To err is human, to forgive...
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 01:14 PM   #45
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
I would be upset w/ the salesperson as well.

Maybe the OP could be happy with the watch she actually has, but it wasn't what she had asked for and the salesperson stated was purchased for her.

I recently got my wife a 28mm and it's hard to tell in the case and on the wrist the size difference from the 26mm, but to me, there's a big difference in the movement, a 2236 with the new Syloxi balance spring and longer power reserve (28mm) vs a 2235 (26mm).

Also, a bigger discount should be available with the 26mm.
HIJACK.

The new Datejust 28mm (2236) went to a 55 hour power reserve rather than the 48 hours in the Datejust 26mm (2235). An increase of 7 hours.

The new Datejust 41mm (3235) went to a 70 hour power reserve rather than the 48 hours in the Datejust II (3135). An increase of 22 hours.

Why was the increase in the men's power reserve so much more than the increase in the women's power reserve?
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 02:08 PM   #46
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Wild guess - bigger spring?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 02:20 PM   #47
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Well, then it seems like the 3135 would have had a bigger power reserve than the 2235--but they both have a 48 hour reserve.
Old 27 April 2017, 02:23 PM   #48
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Nah.
It's another classic case of entrenched gender inequality at work.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 02:33 PM   #49
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
HIJACK.

The new Datejust 28mm (2236) went to a 55 hour power reserve rather than the 48 hours in the Datejust 26mm (2235). An increase of 7 hours.

The new Datejust 41mm (3235) went to a 70 hour power reserve rather than the 48 hours in the Datejust II (3135). An increase of 22 hours.

Why was the increase in the men's power reserve so much more than the increase in the women's power reserve?
Yes, the improvement in PR isn't that great between the 2236 and 2235, but any increase would be helpful with the way my wife wears her watch.

Her new DJ is very accurate, gaining less than +0.5 sec/day.
And perhaps service intervals may be longer.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 03:06 PM   #50
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
yes, the improvement in pr isn't that great between the 2236 and 2235, but any increase would be helpful with the way my wife wears her watch.

Her new dj is very accurate, gaining less than +0.5 sec/day.
And perhaps service intervals may be longer.
haha!
Old 27 April 2017, 07:58 PM   #51
peterpl
Banned

The dealer doesnt know crap. Who on earth says a 31mm is a mens watch? WTF? No guy no matter what race would suit this size for a man. 36mm is a lady size these days let alone many men wearing 36mm that you see too often these days
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 09:17 PM   #52
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would decide what it is that I want. Do want a different watch? Have the AD say sorry? Some type of refund or trade value toward a different watch? I would figure this out and then decide the best course of action. I would then call the store and talk to the manager and set up an appointment with him. I would bring my partner who purchased the watch and the watch, box and papers back with me. I would express my displeasure and ask the manager what he is going to do to fix the situation. See what he says and go from there. He has many ways to fix this but if you go off on him or are unreasonable I don't think it will go well. I would ask for the full value of what I paid for the watch against a watch that you and your partner pick out together. Get the watch you want and enjoy.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 09:29 PM   #53
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

Why make yourself unhappy over a lovely gift? What exactly have you 'lost' in all this? And as it all happened some time ago, who will remember the precise details of the conversation?
Just enjoy a lovely, and very expensive, watch. Life can be tough enough without adding to it......
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 04:04 AM   #54
SamP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680/8 & '88 16528
I once read a post by an attention seeker, which turned sour. Just can't remember where I saw it...
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 06:59 PM   #55
kim chandler
"TRF" Member

Hi all

I wanted to let you know the outcome. So I rang the branch manager at Frazer Hart at Brent Cross who asked me to come into the store. I asked him, should I bring along the watch, box and papers to which he replied, no just bring yourself. In short, no intention what so ever in exchanging the watch. So I wrote a lengthy very detailed two page letter to the complaints department at Frazer Hart telling them about the experience my partner had received during the purchase of the watch. I happened to mention that if I didn't receive a reply with 7 days I would be contacting the National association of Jewellers. I then received a email from the arial manager for the store who asked me to ring him. So I did. He was extremely apologetic and told me that customer service is his top priority and please come back into the store and he will happily exchange it. So I received an email from the original branch from the manager there who sold it and yesterday I finally exchanged the watch! Now the manger who sold the watch to my partner was there and didn't look us in the eye, in fact he asked another member of staff to deal with it and walked out of the shop whilst we exchanged. My gut feeling is that he knew what he was doing and it backfired on him whilst probably getting his wrist slapped in the process. Hopefully he will be very careful in his sales approach next time. Thank you everyone for you advice it really did help us. 116500LN, AK797, Harvey, Ragna, 1William especially.

P.S Samp not sure where you were going with your message but I suggest if you have nothing relevant to contribute to a thread then keep your pointless comments to yourself!
Old 21 May 2017, 07:53 PM   #56
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Congrats on getting this sorted, need a few pic's of the new watch now

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 09:43 PM   #57
Ragna
Banned

Yeah im glad it all worked out. Wow!

Now we all deserve to see some pics of the new beautie !!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 09:54 PM   #58
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I am glad that it worked out and you got the watch that you wanted. Let's see some pictures.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 10:12 PM   #59
kim chandler
"TRF" Member

http://BC/watch

Hi all

I am not very good at inserting things but I have taken a picture pls let me know if it opens above. If not when my daughter comes over I shall ask her to do this thanks
Old 21 May 2017, 10:13 PM   #60
kim chandler
"TRF" Member

Just tried link myself it didn't work I shall have another go!

https://attachment.outlook.office.ne...live.com&isc=1

Bingo! done it and all by myself