The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 May 2017, 01:13 AM   #31
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
I sense a incoming from Ben
??? You can read my mind? So where's my Sushi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Agreed re the 'old' 44RG. The 44Ti was top of my next list for this year, but I'm now swaying towards the new RO Chronograph in gold with brown dial. Does look very nice indeed.
Oh, that one is a beauty. RG + Chocolate always stands out. Strap or full bracelet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Run Danny. R-U-N before it's too late.
It's already too late.
Old 15 May 2017, 02:09 AM   #32
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Awesome pics and congrats on the Ti!

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2017, 04:44 AM   #33
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
??? You can read my mind? So where's my Sushi?

Oh, that one is a beauty. RG + Chocolate always stands out. Strap or full bracelet?

Strap - partly due to economy, partly due to the fact that I think the brown croc strap does work very well, with the gold. That said I'd be keen to see if I could get a brown rubber strap for it, which would also work really well.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2017, 12:28 PM   #34
code.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Go Offshore
Audemars Piguet outdid themselves for 2017 in the ROO collection.

I believe they are all stars of the show for different reasons, and appeal to different people for different reasons.

The TI being the new material, the CE having the price drop, and the RG for the people who welcome the updated dial over the previous generation, and also for those that the other two models "didn't sing" enough. It's also the "all-in" model of the three, for obvious reasons. Most people who favored wanted and wanted the previous generation already have bought it, it's been out since 2011 if I'm not mistaken and hasn't changed. The CE is on its third iteration in the same timeframe. Would I change to the new dial if I owned the old one first? Yes.

I also wouldn't go so far as to say the new RG being a mess, it's a very balanced piece, and has strongest demand across dealers and boutiques currently. Not even a hint of orange in real life. I would totally go for owning two of three models, RG being the definite, with a toss between the other two. If I wasn't betting 2018 will bring something very nice for the 25th offshore anniversary , I'd be flipping coins right now on which 44 pair is best.

Congrats to DeeTee. You did good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
code. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2017, 01:30 PM   #35
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by code. View Post
I believe they are all stars of the show for different reasons, and appeal to different people for different reasons.

The TI being the new material, the CE having the price drop, and the RG for the people who welcome the updated dial over the previous generation, and also for those that the other two models "didn't sing" enough. It's also the "all-in" model of the three, for obvious reasons. Most people who favored wanted and wanted the previous generation already have bought it, it's been out since 2011 if I'm not mistaken and hasn't changed. The CE is on its third iteration in the same timeframe. Would I change to the new dial if I owned the old one first? Yes.

I also wouldn't go so far as to say the new RG being a mess, it's a very balanced piece, and has strongest demand across dealers and boutiques currently. Not even a hint of orange in real life. I would totally go for owning two of three models, RG being the definite, with a toss between the other two. If I wasn't betting 2018 will bring something very nice for the 25th offshore anniversary , I'd be flipping coins right now on which 44 pair is best.

At the end of the day, watches are personal, matter of individual taste and preference. So for me, the dial is a mess because all the detailing will kind of "mesh up" in most lighting situations. I am all for the OP expressing his joy at owning the "new" RG44 and how beautiful he finds the watch and I will whole-heatedly congrats him on his new purchase. But once he started to opine and compare with the "older" RG44 and said how much nicer the new one is compared to the previous, and why everyone should upgrade because it is "so much better", which clearly it is not ( just a dial change ), then I have a problem with that and this just invites a rebuttal from me. At the end of the day, is new always better? Clearly not in many cases esp for watches otherwise there will be no market for vintage pieces.

Anyway, time to move on. Let's just enjoy our watches.
Old 15 May 2017, 02:26 PM   #36
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
At the end of the day, watches are personal, matter of individual taste and preference. So for me, the dial is a mess because all the detailing will kind of "mesh up" in most lighting situations. I am all for the OP expressing his joy at owning the "new" RG44 and how beautiful he finds the watch and I will whole-heatedly congrats him on his new purchase. But once he started to opine and compare with the "older" RG44 and said how much nicer the new one is compared to the previous, and why everyone should upgrade because it is "so much better", which clearly it is not ( just a dial change ), then I have a problem with that and this just invites a rebuttal from me. At the end of the day, is new always better? Clearly not in many cases esp for watches otherwise there will be no market for vintage pieces.

Anyway, time to move on. Let's just enjoy our watches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3953.JPG (70.9 KB, 168 views)
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2017, 10:41 PM   #37
SDDS
"TRF" Member

Congratulations wear it in good health

Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2017, 10:55 PM   #38
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Congrats! Great pair there.

The discussion of old vs. new is a bit silly seeing as this is purely personal preference ... some people will prefer the old, some the new ... some would have gotten a different pair ... what's the big deal?

I have the old ... I like the new one but TO ME it is not worth the premium for a dial change. If it ever trades at the normal RG levels I might consider a swap .. or maybe not.

Anyway, congrats on a killer purchase! You wear the 44 very well.
Old 16 May 2017, 01:03 AM   #39
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post

The discussion of old vs. new is a bit silly seeing as this is purely personal preference ... some people will prefer the old, some the new ... some would have gotten a different pair ... what's the big deal?

I have the old ... I like the new one but TO ME it is not worth the premium for a dial change. If it ever trades at the normal RG levels I might consider a swap .. or maybe not.

I'm just having fun with the thread
Thank you for the kind words my friend
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2017, 02:22 AM   #40
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by code. View Post

They probably will bring something nice, but will it be affordable is the question
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2017, 02:24 AM   #41
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post

What are normal RG levels? lol
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2017, 03:24 AM   #42
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
What are normal RG levels? lol
I don't know, you are the expert ...