The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 May 2017, 04:33 AM   #1
Gator88
"TRF" Member

Best place to buy a Richard Mille

Where would be the best place/country to buy a Richard Mille? Are there certain ADs in certain countries that offer a good discount? How much discount would I expect if I were to purchase the RM67-01 in titanium? I understand that boutiques tend to offer a minimal discount and wouldn't be the best place to buy from. Thanks in advance.
Gator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 04:37 AM   #2
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator88 View Post
Where would be the best place/country to buy a Richard Mille? Are there certain ADs in certain countries that offer a good discount? How much discount would I expect if I were to purchase the RM67-01 in titanium? I understand that boutiques tend to offer a minimal discount and wouldn't be the best place to buy from. Thanks in advance.
You should be able to get a 67 at an AD with a discount. I see you're in Asia--plenty of choices. I'd pick up the phone and start calling. RM is very proud of their pieces these days, so be warned.

Good luck with your hunt.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 04:53 AM   #3
meganfox17
Banned

The problem is I'm really afraid to step into their flagship open concept boutique located on the Adorn floor,Starhill Gallery, Bukit Bintang ,Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I heard even the ceilling is devoid of lights !Try giving them a call...
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 05:29 AM   #4
Gator88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
You should be able to get a 67 at an AD with a discount. I see you're in Asia--plenty of choices. I'd pick up the phone and start calling. RM is very proud of their pieces these days, so be warned.

Good luck with your hunt.
Thanks for the reply. I will be travelling to Europe in a couple of weeks time. Will it be cheaper there with the VAT refund in your opinion? I know best thing to do is call and compare prices but I believe it's harder to negotiate over the phone etc. Cheers.
Gator88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 07:15 AM   #5
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator88 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I will be travelling to Europe in a couple of weeks time. Will it be cheaper there with the VAT refund in your opinion? I know best thing to do is call and compare prices but I believe it's harder to negotiate over the phone etc. Cheers.
I'll let those that buy overseas reply. It's much easier though to call in order to see who has what in stock. That is going to be your first issue--then once located get out that pencil sharpener and start negotiating.

Let us know how the hunt goes
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 12:06 PM   #6
burakusta
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars piguet
Hunt down the tax free locations, i got my watch from St.Barths for example
burakusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 01:19 PM   #7
Sir Larry Wildman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, FPJ, IWC
Quote:
Originally Posted by burakusta View Post
I don't own a RM, but the St Bart's location has excellent customer service. Every time I have stopped in I've enjoyed my interactions with the staff at the boutique immensely.
Sir Larry Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2017, 01:58 PM   #8
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burakusta View Post
Better to hunt locations with high VAT - the retail prices often compensate for higher local taxes.
Same with Rolex - buying from tax free locations is often the most expensive way to shop.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote