The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 May 2017, 12:14 PM   #61
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Very often. The weather changes here a lot in Hong Kong with humidity, 30c outside then indoors where the aircon may make it 10c.
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 04:28 AM   #62
Flying Clog
"TRF" Member

Never
Flying Clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 05:34 AM   #63
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Easylink is the best bracelet upgrade Rolex ever came out with. Feels like all the advantage of a traditional strap/buckle on a metal bracelet. As much as I like the glidelock, the easylink seems faster to adjust on the fly and 5 mm is the perfect measurement requirement change under normal use. I am curious how much research Rolex did to pick 5mm as the optimum length. As to the OP's question, I adjust my watch looser when I lay down or after lifting weights. Traditionally I would just size my bracelets a bit looser than tighter for this size change. With easylink I can wear my DJ2 a bit more precise and tighter without the feeling of my wrist being strangled when it swells. Has any one ever developed any looseness snapping the easylink closed by excessive use??

This is with my easylink in:
Old 21 May 2017, 05:43 AM   #64
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
I only need to extend mine during really hot/sweaty days/activities. I just realized I haven't actually used it within the last 6 months...then again I may have lost some weight while I was on disability leave.

Follow-up Question:

When I did use Easylink often, I tended to unhinge the EL without fully opening the clasp first...Does anyone speculate this could cause damage to the clasp? I just stick a finger under the Easylink-side of the clasp to release it.

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

ref. 116520 Daytona - 10/2014
KrismanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 12:03 PM   #65
versatile1
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ2 Blue Romans
I usually adjust it daily as well, sometimes twice in a day

Life is a cruel teacher
It will give you the test first and the lesson later
versatile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 12:29 PM   #66
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Easylink is the best bracelet upgrade Rolex ever came out with. Feels like all the advantage of a traditional strap/buckle on a metal bracelet. As much as I like the glidelock, the easylink seems faster to adjust on the fly and 5 mm is the perfect measurement requirement change under normal use. I am curious how much research Rolex did to pick 5mm as the optimum length. As to the OP's question, I adjust my watch looser when I lay down or after lifting weights. Traditionally I would just size my bracelets a bit looser than tighter for this size change. With easylink I can wear my DJ2 a bit more precise and tighter without the feeling of my wrist being strangled when it swells. Has any one ever developed any looseness snapping the easylink closed by excessive use??

That's a very crisp wrist shot! Great looking watch.
Old 21 May 2017, 01:00 PM   #67
schnitzerphilip
Banned

Watch: Daytona C 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
My Daytona was my first new Rolex in 30 years, so I wasn't familiar with using EasyLink. Since I didn't get it at an AD, I searched Youtube videos to find someone adjusting theirs. It is quite simple, of course, but the first time you do it, especially with an expensive new watch, you are careful to not snap anything in a way that it shouldn't be snapped. But once you do it, it is obvious. And sometimes helpful.
https://youtu.be/TdR9_sawLd4

You were right. All I had to do was watch this video and it made it very easy to understand. It's going to be very helpful this summer, thank you.
schnitzerphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 01:08 PM   #68
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:

I would agree if it worked for me. The problem I have with easy link is that it doesn't work with my wrist. I've tried every micro adjustment and link configuration with my Datejust II and BLNR and I can never get it so easy link works. I either have to set it so easy link is always open or always closed.

If I move the adjustment one way easy link only fits closed and if I try to open it it's WAY too loose. If I move the adjustment the other way it only fits with easy link open and if I close it it's WAY too tight.

So I like the "idea" of easy link, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Glidelock ftw (for me at least)
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 01:25 PM   #69
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnitzerphilip View Post
https://youtu.be/TdR9_sawLd4

You were right. All I had to do was watch this video and it made it very easy to understand. It's going to be very helpful this summer, thank you.
Ha! I've been here only since August and already I've helped someone!

Seriously, a lot of this stuff becomes second nature, but it isn't so obvious until you do it. Happy to help.
Old 21 May 2017, 01:31 PM   #70
T.Rex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060 "D"
Nope
T.Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 01:32 PM   #71
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Dont use, 5mm is too large for 6.5er when swells is my view.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 01:38 PM   #72
Friar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 216570
I use it practically everyday and spoils me for my other watches--bracelets or leather straps. It seems they are a bit too tight or too loose at different times during the day while the EasyLink makes for an easy fit.
Friar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 03:00 PM   #73
markseattle
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR-Daytona C
I wear my watches fairly snug as I don't like my watches moving around on my wrist. I do occasionally use the easylink and would not buy a bracelet watch again that didn't have an ability to adjust the bracelet.
I tend to adjust the easylink when I'm flying which is often and when I'm in a hotter climate.

Mark
markseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 03:48 PM   #74
schnitzerphilip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Ha! I've been here only since August and already I've helped someone!

Seriously, a lot of this stuff becomes second nature, but it isn't so obvious until you do it. Happy to help.
25 years, 11 Rolexes, my Daytona is my first Rolex bracelet with this feature.
Old 21 May 2017, 03:55 PM   #75
Henrik G
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39mm
Pretty much use it several times a day. I wish all watches had it !
Henrik G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2017, 10:13 PM   #76
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

That is why a half link should be included. I figured that your situation could happen without the ability to include or take off a half link to work with the easy link system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsykedaddy View Post
I would agree if it worked for me. The problem I have with easy link is that it doesn't work with my wrist. I've tried every micro adjustment and link configuration with my Datejust II and BLNR and I can never get it so easy link works. I either have to set it so easy link is always open or always closed.

If I move the adjustment one way easy link only fits closed and if I try to open it it's WAY too loose. If I move the adjustment the other way it only fits with easy link open and if I close it it's WAY too tight.

So I like the "idea" of easy link, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Glidelock ftw (for me at least)
Old 22 May 2017, 05:33 AM   #77
schnitzerphilip
Banned

So now that I"m no longer an Easylink newb and know how to control the thing, I have a situation and a question.

With my current bracelet setting, with Easylink open the watch is a bit too loose. With Easylink closed, the watch is a bit too tight.

So can someone explain how the clasp micro-adjustment setting relates to the Easylink position? Is the distance of the pin micro-adjustment in the clasp longer/shorter/same?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to move the pin to make the micro-adjustment longer and then close the Easylink or make the micro-adjustment pin shorter and then open the Easylink. But if there is no difference and they each cover a half a link or whatnot, then I guess I'm stuck.

What do you advise?
Old 22 May 2017, 06:20 AM   #78
AS1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
clasp micro adjustment is smaller than easy link adjustment.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 07:13 AM   #79
Tim010
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So now that I"m no longer an Easylink newb and know how to control the thing, I have a situation and a question.

With my current bracelet setting, with Easylink open the watch is a bit too loose. With Easylink closed, the watch is a bit too tight.

So can someone explain how the clasp micro-adjustment setting relates to the Easylink position? Is the distance of the pin micro-adjustment in the clasp longer/shorter/same?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to move the pin to make the micro-adjustment longer and then close the Easylink or make the micro-adjustment pin shorter and then open the Easylink. But if there is no difference and they each cover a half a link or whatnot, then I guess I'm stuck.

What do you advise?
From previous threads on here the Easylink is 5mm and the micro adjustments are 3.33mm each indentation.
Tim010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 07:22 AM   #80
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

How do you adjust the clasp micro adjustment on the easylink clasp, is it a tiny springbar?? I just noticed I had one. Now I am really impressed with the new bracelet design.
Old 22 May 2017, 07:55 AM   #81
schnitzerphilip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS1 View Post
clasp micro adjustment is smaller than easy link adjustment.
Thank you my friend, great photo of the New York City skyline in the other thread by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim010 View Post
From previous threads on here the Easylink is 5mm and the micro adjustments are 3.33mm each indentation.
Excellent, that's exactly what I need to know. That will also give me amazing flexibility.

Quote:
How do you adjust the clasp micro adjustment on the easylink clasp, is it a tiny springbar?? I just noticed I had one. Now I am really impressed with the new bracelet design.

I found this in another thread, hopefully it helps you and others in the future. Yes, it's a tiny springbar and you can use a spring bar tool (or a small eyeglass screwdriver) to move that micro adjustment pin into position. The key is to unlock the Easylink to full extension first so you can see how much flexibility you have.

My dilemma is that I need to move that pin over one notch to make it 3 mm longer however I am at the last spot. So I need to add an oyster link back into the bracelet, then move the little spring bar pin to its tightest position and start to make adjustments between that and the Easylink from there.
Old 22 May 2017, 08:04 AM   #82
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Perfect. I see that's why they don't need a half link anymore. A fine tipped fork looks like it will work.

Quote:
Thank you my friend, great photo of the New York City skyline in the other thread by the way.

Excellent, that's exactly what I need to know. That will also give me amazing flexibility.

I found this in another thread, hopefully it helps you and others in the future. Yes, it's a tiny springbar and you can use a spring bar tool (or a small eyeglass screwdriver) to move that micro adjustment pin into position. The key is to unlock the Easylink to full extension first so you can see how much flexibility you have.

My dilemma is that I need to move that pin over one notch to make it 3 mm longer however I am at the last spot. So I need to add an oyster link back into the bracelet, then move the little spring bar pin to its tightest position and start to make adjustments between that and the Easylink from there.
Old 22 May 2017, 08:08 AM   #83
eonflux
"TRF" Member

I use the Easylink on my GMTc often
Same with the Glidelock on my Subc, which is better than the Easylink
And also the GL my DSSD

The GL on the DSSD is much better than the clasp adjustments on the other 2
It's not even close
Love that it can be adjusted while still wearing the watch

eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 08:15 AM   #84
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Now when you adjust it on the wrist with the glidelock open, are you just flexing your wrist to move it a tooth or two then lock it down? What is the measurement of a tooth on the glidelock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
I use the Easylink on my GMTc often
Same with the Glidelock on my Subc, which is better than the Easylink
And also the GL my DSSD

The GL on the DSSD is much better than the clasp adjustments on the other 2
It's not even close
Love that it can be adjusted while still wearing the watch

Old 22 May 2017, 08:40 AM   #85
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now when you adjust it on the wrist with the glidelock open, are you just flexing your wrist to move it a tooth or two then lock it down? What is the measurement of a tooth on the glidelock?
When the DSSD bracelet feels a bit tight, opening up the mechanism and simply opening/closing your hand will expand the wrist a bit and hence the clasp, then closing it down locks it in place. Adjustments are in 2mm increments. It's not as easy to make the bracelet smaller, but it can be done, though is simpler to do that taking off the watch.

But even then, is easier and a little faster to do than with the GL on the Subc.
Rolex should have given the clasps on the Subc/SDc vs the DSSD different names since the designs and operation are completely different.
The DSSD GL looks/feels much more refined and is more satisfying to use, the Subc GL feels a bit crude and less elegant.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 08:56 AM   #86
AS1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
Quote:
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 09:14 AM   #87
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Back to the original Easy link question.... you may be between sizes and need a 1/2 link. Getting one may be tricky but it can be done

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 11:02 AM   #88
schnitzerphilip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Back to the original Easy link question.... you may be between sizes and need a 1/2 link. Getting one may be tricky but it can be done
But could that really be the case?

If the Easylink has a flexibility of 5mm and the micros have a flexibility of 3.3mm that means we have the fitment accuracy tolerance of 1.7mm. Could someone really be that much of a tweener to not make it comfortable and require a half link?
Old 22 May 2017, 11:14 AM   #89
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
But could that really be the case?

If the Easylink has a flexibility of 5mm and the micros have a flexibility of 3.3mm that means we have the fitment accuracy tolerance of 1.7mm. Could someone really be that much of a tweener to not make it comfortable and require a half link?
Yes, as crazy as it seems I just couldn't find the right fit between the micro adjustments on the clasp and the easy link.

brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2017, 11:39 AM   #90
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Did you try moving the clasp by adding more or less links to change how the clasp is centered on your wrist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Yes, as crazy as it seems I just couldn't find the right fit between the micro adjustments on the clasp and the easy link.