The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 August 2009, 09:59 AM   #91
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
Originally Posted by GoldenBear

I believe top paid salesmen can turn any lookie-lou into a client
than the average "Tour-neau" (definately Neau-lol)....order taker.
X2 A good salesman can sell ice to an eskimo and make them feel good about it.I think it is becoming a lost art.A live body is all a good salesperson needs in front of him to make a sale.It doesnt matter what you look like you walked in to the store its show time.They will overcome any obstacle and even find you financing.Some of the highest paid people in the world are salespeople and they like to be sold.I have no respect nor will I buy from a timid salesperson.It cheapens the brand they are selling as well.Bad salesman can only sell 1 way and thats keep lowering the price.Bring out the million dollar producer to deal with me.I wanna here his best pitches.Its not all about price.Its the whole experience when buying a high ticket item.As a kid I worked selling Mercedes Benz and when somebody would ask for a better price we where told to say this isnt depressed merchandise it doesnt go on sale if you cant afford it ill show you a lower priced model. 9 out of 10 bought the higher priced car.Bottom line is a Rolex is a Rolex its not an Omega they should have top salesman in control and they dont.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 10:14 AM   #92
drtooth73
Banned

Watch: TT GMT IIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I agree with both of you... and I am not without compassion for those people that have to put up with morons every day... I know I couldn't do it. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that I wasn't even greeted! A simple, "hello" or "can I help you" was all that was necessary, and I was wearing my SS Daytona in plain site! So they had to compute that I was a valid potential customer... Wouldn't any competitant Rolex Sales guy conclude that?

I don't know...
They would have treated you differently had you said: "I wanna get the new 41mm DJII!, where do I pay?"
Tourneau for me is the store to come and look at various models, not to buy.
Salespeople in Tourneau in Aventura, Fl were very helpful and answered all my questions, did not use high pressure selling techniques.

Next time in Detroit, stop by Tappers, they will treat you like a king.
Regards.
drtooth73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 10:32 AM   #93
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Last time I was at one I acted like I did not care. They tried to impress me saying they had the new WG Sub in but it was held for someone and maybe they can get another, I said I never buy sight unseen.

Then they offered to let me see it, then they said I can have a discount, and $10k credit if I trade in my GV. That put the watch around $13k. They were practically begging me to buy it.

They are like car dealers. They smell fear, or in this case, want. So have no wants and then you have the upper wrist.
Old 24 August 2009, 02:55 AM   #94
shanegg
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT MASTER II C 11
Tourneau in San Francisco do on a daily basis what was described in the very first post.

Their staff are so rude and bigheaded it baffles me every time.

I Just happen to love the movie theatre on the top floor of the westfield shopping center so I walk past this store every week and usually walk through from the street entrance and get the very same vibe/experience every single week.I watch/listen how they speak to customers and then how they speak among themselves making fun of the customer when that person has left. It is not believable how they treat guests in that store.

It seems like eberyone on this site agrees in some form or another that Tourneau act this way in every store they own in the USA.
Old 24 August 2009, 03:50 AM   #95
ashu2289
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas,SD
Sorry about your experience and that is really terrible

Everything becomes nothing after ROLEX
116520 SS Daytona White Dial
116520 SS Daytona Black Dial
116523 18K&SS Daytona Slate Dial
16600 Sea-Dweller
16710 GMT Master II Pepsi Bezel
16613 18K&SS Submariner Blue Dial
116660 Deepsea Sea-Dweller
ashu2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2009, 04:08 AM   #96
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Well......... Not be be subtle as you all know I am always to be...!

BUT......

Any AD that treats me by the way I am dressed can kiss my arse!

I currently own 4 Rolexes and will own more in the future. Who I purchase them from will depend on their attitude and treatment of moi'!

So, with that said, I shall move on. Enjoying my current Rolex timepieces and contemplating my future acquisitions.

There was once a farmer that went into a Chevy dealership looking to purchase some new pickups for his operation. He was dressed in coveralls and didn't look like anyone who would have more than 10 dollars to his name. The salesman treated him as he was dressed, and not wanting to waste his time sent the farmer on his way.

The farmer simply walked across the street to the Ford dealership where he found a sales person that treated him with common respect, not according to the way he was dressed.

That farmer placed a CASH order for 22 new Ford pickups for the 144,000 acre farm he owned. That Ford salesman was astonished and all the while the Chevy salesman who turned the farmer away, looked on...!

Moral of the story............ Never, ever judge a book by its cover.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 01:30 AM   #97
sammyj
"TRF" Member

What a load of crap!

Your "complaint" says worlds more about you, than it does about the sales people at the Tourenau store! In fact, it appears to be just one more instance of a nasty, mean-spirited person dumping on the hardworking people in retail who are trying to survive on commission in a very challenging environment. You've made assumptions, jumped to conclusions, projected your own self-loathing onto innocent bystanders and are now attacking those same people in a public forum in your attempts to hurt them and make them pay for how you see yourself. The people at Tourenau NYC don't deserve you. And neither does any other retailer. "Customers" like you are TOO MUCH TROUBLE! Luckily Tourenau doesn't need you and is probably completely unaffected by your rantings and those of others. Obviously they are surviving the economic downturn. At least, I haven't heard of them closing any stores. You probably hate hearing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserted View Post
It's amazing how pepole will treat you when your not dressed to part, as far as the AD you went to i would complain, it has nothing to deal with rolex itself but remember pepole are image happy and i bet if you walked in the AD wearing an armani suit and ballys on your feet it would have not been a problem.

I have this problem quite often and i also test myself i would get up in the morning and throw on some jeans and a wrinkled t shirt and go to hardee's wearing my TT black sub and get the best service in the world.

Hate to tell you this but this society is image happy, it has to deal with what you wear and how you look at that moment in time.

some pepole can be anal retentive , just ignore it
sammyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2009, 06:06 PM   #98
meriwether

HAHA! I posted a link to this thread on their site. I cannot stand poor customer service. Apparently they don't need the business.
meriwether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2009, 06:23 PM   #99
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I agree with both of you... and I am not without compassion for those people that have to put up with morons every day... I know I couldn't do it. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that I wasn't even greeted! A simple, "hello" or "can I help you" was all that was necessary, and I was wearing my SS Daytona in plain site! So they had to compute that I was a valid potential customer... Wouldn't any competitant Rolex Sales guy conclude that?

I don't know...
The real problem lies in the fact that you did not have Jen tagging along with you!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2009, 10:11 PM   #100
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyj View Post
Your "complaint" says worlds more about you, than it does about the sales people at the Tourenau store! In fact, it appears to be just one more instance of a nasty, mean-spirited person dumping on the hardworking people in retail who are trying to survive on commission in a very challenging environment. You've made assumptions, jumped to conclusions, projected your own self-loathing onto innocent bystanders and are now attacking those same people in a public forum in your attempts to hurt them and make them pay for how you see yourself. The people at Tourenau NYC don't deserve you. And neither does any other retailer. "Customers" like you are TOO MUCH TROUBLE! Luckily Tourenau doesn't need you and is probably completely unaffected by your rantings and those of others. Obviously they are surviving the economic downturn. At least, I haven't heard of them closing any stores. You probably hate hearing that.
Miserable salesman? Troll?

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2009, 07:50 AM   #101
HockeyBrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
Tourneau sucks....the worst one is the one in Las Vegas.
Ditto. Took some pics of the Panerai display case, just outside the store window. Got held up by the big Security Guard who rushed out to grab me. I showed him the pics and asked if he wanted me to delete them. A female manager showed up and didn't mind the photo taking. But I didn't feel the need anymore to take a look around after being rustled by the 300 pound linebacker dude.
HockeyBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2009, 08:24 AM   #102
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
hahaha this is why you don't get much commissions my friend. Who do you think you are? With your designer suits and 30-50k salary, you think your all that? Please, I know people that wear t-shirts on a daily basis that make 10x more than you. Just because Rolex is a luxury brand doesn't mean you can act like a douchebag to everyone that doesn't fit the stereotypical criteria to wear one. (I.E. Three Piece Suit, etc) And that's not my problem, it's yours. You lose on that commission because you are being bias towards a person, you assume can not afford the brand because of the way they dress.
Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2009, 08:33 AM   #103
nektar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
These people are disgusting!!!!this is really ridiculous. Please send a full sign letter to them. YES. i demand respect from people taht they do not know me and they are there to help me make up my decision, as i respect all the people that are in a bussiness with me. Send a letter to the manager with full details!!!!!!!this is unacceptable.
nektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2009, 09:08 AM   #104
erwin
-

Watch: SD
first thing you should do when you walk in a Torneau store is to point at the most well dress salesperson and order him to bring you a cup of coffee! That'll get their attention for sure!
Old 10 September 2009, 11:37 PM   #105
pain888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
BAN THIS PERSON , A SPY FROM TOURNEAU

"LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"
pain888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2009, 11:46 PM   #106
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
All my complaints, and the rudest I ever encountered wasn't extremely rude, but week and change ago, NICEST guy in the world. I will never buy from Tourneau just cause the prices are ridiculous IMO, but if I did, I would make a bee-line to this guy. The 34th and 7th ave..Robert Sales (sales, lol), I think. I have his card at home. Maybe shouldn't post his name online, but he was so nice, I would love to drum up some business for him.
tszyu#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 12:30 AM   #107
Tymah123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - obviously
Went to Tourneau on 34th and 7th just to shop around before getting a DJ. A sales guy was really nice, I think his name was Mike. Then after I got the DJ I went back there to look at the GMT IIC, a tall woman with a Jamaican/African accent showed me the watch while staring me up and down and as soon as I asked about a discount on their $7K GMT IIC price tag she cut me off with a "NO" mid-sentence. Ok then, off I go.... Didn't look like they wanted to make that sale after all. Guess they have customers lining up to pay full price for that... but not really.
Tymah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 12:52 AM   #108
tszyu#1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymah123 View Post
Went to Tourneau on 34th and 7th just to shop around before getting a DJ. A sales guy was really nice, I think his name was Mike. Then after I got the DJ I went back there to look at the GMT IIC, a tall woman with a Jamaican/African accent showed me the watch while staring me up and down and as soon as I asked about a discount on their $7K GMT IIC price tag she cut me off with a "NO" mid-sentence. Ok then, off I go.... Didn't look like they wanted to make that sale after all. Guess they have customers lining up to pay full price for that... but not really.
THAT'S the one who was rude!! Couldn't tell if she was West Indian, but mid to dark skinned with a slight accent. Forget her, the Robert guy, older, prob 50's or 60s is really, really nice
tszyu#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 01:18 AM   #109
WatchSnob

I think starting a thread about whose had a good experience at Touneau would make much more sense. It would use much less band width here on the board as I doubt there would be many people at all with a good word about Tourneau.
WatchSnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 02:01 AM   #110
Tymah123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - obviously
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchSnob View Post
I think starting a thread about whose had a good experience at Touneau would make much more sense. It would use much less band width here on the board as I doubt there would be many people at all with a good word about Tourneau.
But then how would we warn other people about their bad service and inflated prices? Maybe somebody at Tourneau will take note of all these complaints since they don't seem to have a suggestions box at the store.
Tymah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 02:13 AM   #111
geepee
"TRF" Member

Paul,

FYI, Wempe got in about 6 DJ IIs. Sales people were excellent.
geepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 02:20 AM   #112
clarencek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepee View Post
FYI, Wempe got in about 6 DJ IIs. Sales people were excellent.
+1 for Wempe - love them. AND they give discounts even walking in off the street.
clarencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 02:44 AM   #113
ErikAalto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
I have mixed feelings about this.

I understand that customer service is important, and at minimum, they should have made an effort to greet you and ask if you would like any assistance.

On the flip side, not everyone that browses a watch case wants to be greeted immediately. I prefer to be left alone until I have made a decision.

My issue with your story is that you did not ask for assistance, you expected it. You nudged your way in between two people and expected them to say hello. Could you not humble yourself and simply ask for assistance? "Excuse me, do you mind showing me a couple of watches?" Or, "Excuse me, do you happen to know if you have the Datejust II in stock?"

I'm not saying that I agree with the staff at Tourneau ignoring you, if they had simply approached you to begin with none of this would have been an issue. But I don't think you should expect them to be at your beck and call, when you haven't said a word.
ErikAalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 02:58 AM   #114
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX
There will always be someone with more money than you. There will always be those who will judge you based on your pocketbook or wallet. There will always be rude people. There will always be a store, restraunt, ect.... where you will recieve poor service and become a victim of being judged as inferior. The important question is......how will you handle yourself while your THERE in that situation AND later when its all said and done. Will you ???

A. Respond in an equally foul manner.
B. Let them manipulate your feelings and take it personally.
C. Tell them you will personally head a campaign to ruin their business hence forth.
D. Be an example of a civilized person and tell them in a calm way why your unhappy with their service and how it is unacceptable.

Later will you.......?

A. Hold a grudge forever.
B. Plan on how you will get your revenge.
C. Toil with emotional issues and then require therapy.
D. Forgive them allowing you to release any ill feelings and go on with your life unjaded.

On the other hand if the unreasonable person is YOU, then you need to figure out where you went wrong. When you reduce life to its lowest common denominator, reduce the fat, get to the skinny of things, the basics; what are you left with and whats important? I think you will find that being a high roller and being treated as such is not important or included on the list of "truely important stuff". In the words of the Beatles...All ya need is Love. Love is a noun and a verb. Try to describe love as a verb (not required on the forum).
DadsWatch72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 03:14 AM   #115
Damavand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six...!!!....
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwin View Post
first thing you should do when you walk in a Torneau store is to point at the most well dress salesperson and order him to bring you a cup of coffee! That'll get their attention for sure!
Erwin,

I love that man.... I will buy the lunch after....
Damavand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 03:19 AM   #116
DadsWatch72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damavand View Post
Erwin,

I love that man.... I will buy the lunch after....
The trick isn't showing that brotherly love to someone that loves you also. Thats easy. The true test is showing that character to the person that does you wrong. Only then will you be a true example and become a candle to light "the way".
Old 11 September 2009, 03:26 AM   #117
DadsWatch72
Banned

BTW, these are my opinions that I have adopted. I didn't think of them but I do agree with them. I fail and don't always follow these ideals but I try.
Old 11 September 2009, 03:40 AM   #118
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I have been into the Tourneau at Columbus Circle, twice in the last 2 weeks, greeted politely by different salespeople, but courteous. One time I was wearing shorts, the other time, I was in a suit, but treated no differently. They let me try on as many watches as I wanted, most of the salespeople were standing around with nothing to do.
I have always found Tourneau a good place to look, not to buy.
I have had two band adjustments done at the White Plains, NY store, one was for a Daytona, the other for a Cartier, both times no-charge for the work. That leaves a good taste in your mouth.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 03:52 AM   #119
Damavand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six...!!!....
Quote:
dude...CUSTOMER IS THE KING AND SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE ONE....

Here's for you....!!!
Damavand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2009, 04:03 AM   #120
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Nice FIRST post and introduction, Sammy!! Not the pleasantest ways of making an entry, my friend.

Tourneau exists because of customers - NO CUSTOMERS, NO TOURNEAU - end of story!!

And you might want to tone your attacks down a bit. For a newbie with his very first post, you haven't made the greatest of impressions on any of us, let alone the member you've so blatantly attacked.

So just lighten up and go with the flow. That way you might just make a few more friends along the way.

Thanks - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote