The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 30 March 2009, 12:51 AM   #31
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
As I mentioned, this was kind of an amateur effort, using only a decent camera and no lights. Thanks for the constructive criticism thought - I always need those things to learn!
It looks like she was laying on a mattress. Were you standing on the mattress as well to take the shot using the flash on the camera?

If you were standing on the mattress, it would cause an increase in camera shake since it's not firm. Try a ladder instead and bounce the flash off the wall or ceiling to soften the light up.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2009, 01:44 AM   #32
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
It looks like she was laying on a mattress. Were you standing on the mattress as well to take the shot using the flash on the camera?

If you were standing on the mattress, it would cause an increase in camera shake since it's not firm. Try a ladder instead and bounce the flash off the wall or ceiling to soften the light up.
That is exactly right!

I actually did bounce the flash off the ceiling, but I think it was still too powerful. I definitely think it is a good idea with the ladder! Again, THANKS!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2009, 07:33 AM   #33
iSellJerseyShore
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master IIc
That is so cool she is willing to pose with your watches!

-Frankie
iSellJerseyShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2009, 09:16 AM   #34
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSellJerseyShore View Post
That is so cool she is willing to pose with your watches!

-Frankie
Actually, the big one is hers, the Blancpain Villeret in rose gold. But it is my Chronoswiss in the other pic!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 30 March 2009, 10:01 AM   #35
txbikerdude

very nice pictures
txbikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2009, 02:47 PM   #36
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbikerdude View Post
very nice pictures
Thanks buddy!

Old 31 March 2009, 12:53 AM   #37
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Classy photos of a beautiful lady, Greg. The first is my favorite.
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2009, 01:58 AM   #38
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Classy photos of a beautiful lady, Greg. The first is my favorite.
Thanks, Dave! Much obliged!

Old 31 March 2009, 04:02 AM   #39
CharlieG
"TRF" Member

They look like professional shots

Nice job!
CharlieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2009, 04:23 AM   #40
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
I showed this to Erin (my wife), she is cracking up... She said she could take one without the linen, but then it wouldn't be TRF friendly
I think I speak for all TRF (men that is) when I say, No Problem!

Amazing photos, absolutely stunning. Your wife is truly beautiful. You're a lucky man.

P.s Nice watches too.

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Kokyuryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 12:38 AM   #41
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokyuryoku View Post
I think I speak for all TRF (men that is) when I say, No Problem!

Amazing photos, absolutely stunning. Your wife is truly beautiful. You're a lucky man.

P.s Nice watches too.
Very nice of you, THANK YOU!

As far as the first thing - Erin said 'if they ask nicely....'

Old 1 April 2009, 01:00 AM   #42
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Well, I guess that's fine then......as long as BOTH of you have a mutual understanding and realisation of the situation; but, like I said, this is an International forum and you never know what kind of people could do "things" with those pics.

You could definitely trust most us, but then how many of us do you really know?

My best wishes as always,

JJ
I gotta throw my 2 cents in - did anyone think I wouldn't? - I have the same thoughts as you, JJ - and I made a similar comment in another thread that featured nude photos of a wife: not everyone here cares about the artistic merits of the photography. They care about seeing a naked woman. If it were me, I'd feel really creepy knowing some guys were getting a sexual thrill from seeing pictures of me. I guess if the couple posting the pictures views that reaction as a compliment, that's their business. I jokingly asked my husband if he'd be okay with me posting some tasteful nude pictures of me - he looked at me like I'd sprouted antlers. No way - why would he want other guys to look at me? What would he get out of that - maybe approval that he has an attractive wife? Why would he need that from anyone?

I wonder how the guys here would react if the women here started posting nude pictures of their husbands or boyfriends, while the other gals commented about how sexy and gorgeous the men were? Wouldn't that make some of you uncomfortable?

Someone wanted to start a "Post Pictures of your Wives" thread a while back. It was quicky squelched. I think threads like this one tread a similar path.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 01:05 AM   #43
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Lisa, different strokes for different folks, as they say. This is a 'Pictures & Videos' section, the other thread was in the open forum, which, I believe, was the issue. Have you complained to Croco about his wallpapers? Hopefully not. If you post pics of good looking guys on the forum, I don't think anyone will object - some of us choose to simply opt out of looking at a particular thread, which is the simplest thing to do! But I highly doubt anyone will get offended.

Old 1 April 2009, 01:20 AM   #44
Lisa
"TRF" Member

I don't believe croco was posting photos of his wife. That's a completely different matter.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 01:30 AM   #45
Mosco
"TRF" Member

I am not quite sure what the issue is - you claimed initially that there is no artistic merit to these types of photos, but now it matters who the subject of the photo is... So had this been a professional model, it would be okay, right? That screams double-standard. I am not posting this to flaunt having an attractive wife, this is all in good fun. In addition, photography is a hobby of mine and I received some very interesting pointers as a result of this thread. Most importantly - thus far it seems to have offended only one person...

Old 1 April 2009, 01:33 AM   #46
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
I gotta throw my 2 cents in - did anyone think I wouldn't? - I have the same thoughts as you, JJ - and I made a similar comment in another thread that featured nude photos of a wife: not everyone here cares about the artistic merits of the photography. They care about seeing a naked woman. If it were me, I'd feel really creepy knowing some guys were getting a sexual thrill from seeing pictures of me. I guess if the couple posting the pictures views that reaction as a compliment, that's their business. I jokingly asked my husband if he'd be okay with me posting some tasteful nude pictures of me - he looked at me like I'd sprouted antlers. No way - why would he want other guys to look at me? What would he get out of that - maybe approval that he has an attractive wife? Why would he need that from anyone?

I wonder how the guys here would react if the women here started posting nude pictures of their husbands or boyfriends, while the other gals commented about how sexy and gorgeous the men were? Wouldn't that make some of you uncomfortable?

Someone wanted to start a "Post Pictures of your Wives" thread a while back. It was quicky squelched. I think threads like this one tread a similar path.
Now Lisa, I know you've saved a now infamous pic of my "bruised ego". And, rumour has it that it's your new desktop.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 01:41 AM   #47
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Lisa, I know you and I are in synch with many things, but I've gotta side with Greg in this instance. I think he and his wife know the "risks" of putting a photo on the WWW, and they mutually chose to do so. Insofar as this goes, I have no problem with a picture of my wife being out there, should it be one that we both approve of. Hence my caution in what I post. Even if it's not comfortable for you or David, it seems to be for other members, much like the adult film gal you mentioned the other day, or say Cindy Crawford's family.
Old 1 April 2009, 01:42 AM   #48
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Now Lisa, I know you've saved a now infamous pic of my "bruised ego". And, rumour has it that it's your new desktop.
dP
I tried to forget about that!
Old 1 April 2009, 02:59 AM   #49
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am not posting this to flaunt having an attractive wife, this is all in good fun.
Just why did you post it then?

It's fair play if you want to show your wife off, but you have to accept that there are female members here (longstanding valued female members here) that may get upset with the thought of men objectifying their partners.

I will admit that my initial thoughts were along the same lines as JJ's.

As for the artisitc merit BS...you really think that guys here are interested in the artistic merit? Is that why they want pics of your wife without the towel? Nice!

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 03:07 AM   #50
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Greg, my friend.....

I think all that our Lisa is trying to put across is that the beautiful lady in those pics happens to be your wonderful wife and now the mother of that cute little Kylie.

Frankly, I would NOT display my wife like that all over an International Forum. Like I've said before and say it again, this forum is accessible to any and everyone all over the damn world.

How can you trust each and every person who views those pics? Sure, you can trust most of us and even then I would be very sceptical about it.

Your wife has been very sporting about it and earns my admiration for that. She is beautiful, photogenic and your pictures are indeed very artistic and in good taste.

But, at the end of the day, she's your WIFE, and maybe her pics are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just my 2 cents, buddy.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 03:11 AM   #51
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
Just why did you post it then?

It's fair play if you want to show your wife off, but you have to accept that there are female members here (longstanding valued female members here that may get upset with the thought of men objectifying their partners.

I will admit that my initial thoughts were along the same lines as JJ's.

J
Jim, you know, I feel a bit singled out here - you seem to be in the bad mood today.

a) I wasn't the first one posting these things, nor I doubt I will be the last one.
b)It was for artistic merit, not to show off my wife - not everything is black and white. I agree with JJ to some extent, however, he does not try to stick his views down anyone's throat.
c) THERE IS A HUGE DOUBLE-STANDARD ON THIS FORUM. There are many sexual innuendos made here, to which the aforementioned valued members react in a light-hearted manner, just because they originated from you. So, when you get to the bottom of it, it is really the SOURCE that you have the problem with, not the content. If a particular thread does not interest you - just move on! Why do you not go to Croco's thread with full nudity stating that it is offensive? I just don't understand the logic here.

Old 1 April 2009, 03:13 AM   #52
Mosco
"TRF" Member

P.S. The whole 'without the towel' thing was a JOKE. You're reading WAAAY too deep into it.

Old 1 April 2009, 03:17 AM   #53
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Jim, you know, I feel a bit singled out here - you seem to be in the bad mood today.

a) I wasn't the first one posting these things, nor I doubt I will be the last one.
b)It was for artistic merit, not to show off my wife - not everything is black and white. I agree with JJ to some extent, however, he does not try to stick his views down anyone's throat.
c) THERE IS A HUGE DOUBLE-STANDARD ON THIS FORUM. There are many sexual innuendos made here, to which the aforementioned valued members react in a light-hearted manner, just because they originated from you. So, when you get to the bottom of it, it is really the SOURCE that you have the problem with, not the content. If a particular thread does not interest you - just move on! Why do you not go to Croco's thread with full nudity stating that it is offensive? I just don't understand the logic here.
WHOA!! WHOA!! WHOA!! Greg, Greg, my dear friend.......it's not about Croco's thread or even the various models that have been displayed in semi-nude poses all over our forum.

This is ONLY about your WIFE - end of story - ONLY about your WIFE.

I will NOT mince words......but that's what it's all about. We are just a wee bit surprised that you would display your WIFE like that? Sure, it's none of our business and if you and your wife are okay with it, who are we to object?

But, hey, we care for you, buddy. And we love you like one of us......so that's probably the MAIN reason why we are a bit bamboozled.

That's all, buddy.......that's all.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 1 April 2009, 03:22 AM   #54
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
WHOA!! WHOA!! WHOA!! Greg, Greg, my dear friend.......it's not about Croco's thread or even the various models that have been displayed in semi-nude poses all over our forum.

This is ONLY about your WIFE - end of story - ONLY about your WIFE.

I will NOT mince words......but that's what it's all about. We are just a wee bit surprised that you would display your WIFE like that? Sure, it's none of our business and if you and your wife are okay with it, who are we to object?

But, hey, we care for you, buddy. And we love you like one of us......so that's probably the MAIN reason why we are a bit bamboozled.

That's all, buddy.......that's all.

JJ
JJ - I have gained great respect for you - I think you would make a great diplomat because you know how to put fires out - I admire you for that!

Whilst it may be YOUR true intention to look out for me and my family (which is GREATLY appreciated), that is not the case with the other members, I am 100% sure of it. Just read their posts, please.

Old 1 April 2009, 03:26 AM   #55
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You feel singled out? Don't!

You post a thread concerning death and show your value of human life. I take offense at that, sorry but whether you posted it or Martin or Joe or Lisa or JJ or whoever posted it, I would still react in the same way.

If you looked back through the forum's history, you might see that I've been on the end of a butt kicking from the mod staff for reacting in the same manner concerning the threads of nudey pics or semi clad celebs wearing watches. In one case particulary I admit I was lucky to escape without infraction points or much worse.

How do you know I haven't reported the other threads concerning nudity?

This is yet another time you've whined about double standards. Fair play, a group of core friends have the odd joke and comment about each other and I guess this can be taken as rude but not one of these members to my knowledge has posted stuff considered against forum rules. I try to stay within forum rules, the time I don't and get busted then that's cool. I would have no complaint.

Following on from that I would make a crack about sticking things down people's throat but I would hate to upset those who would consider it in poor taste.

As I've said, I don't have a problem with the source. I don't really have a problem with the content of the thread, I just think it gives yet more reason for the the female members here to feel a little more isolated from the main group. Your wife is an attractive women and I'm happy for you. Would I post pictures of my wife semi nude for a bunch of guys I hardly know to drool over? No! That's my logic. Maybe it's "cultural"?

Jim
Old 1 April 2009, 03:28 AM   #56
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
I'm afraid if I had MY wife pose with my watches like that, you would all be attending my funeral...
Old 1 April 2009, 03:28 AM   #57
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
JJ - I have gained great respect for you - I think you would make a great diplomat because you know how to put fires out - I admire you for that!

Whilst it may be YOUR true intention to look out for me and my family (which is GREATLY appreciated), that is not the case with the other members, I am 100% sure of it. Just read their posts, please.
I have read their posts, buddy, I have.

Lisa and Jim are highly respected members on TRF and very good friends of mine.

I speak for both of them when I say that they would never for a moment try to put you down in any way. In fact, I can safely say that they are looking out for you and share the same thoughts and sentiments as I do.

Trust me on this one, Greg. I've known Lisa and Jim a very long time and you can trust them as much as you do me.

Best to you and your family - JJ

Old 1 April 2009, 03:35 AM   #58
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
...I wonder how the guys here would react if the women here started posting nude pictures of their husbands or boyfriends...
I can give you an answer to that right now, Lisa. NO!!!!!
Old 1 April 2009, 03:38 AM   #59
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
I can give you an answer to that right now, Lisa. NO!!!!!
Thank the Lord for that....

Somewhere in Auckland poor Zemina is balancing on a step ladder, readying her camera as her semi naked husband poses on bed linen wearing nought but his platty....

J
Old 1 April 2009, 03:42 AM   #60
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
You feel singled out? Don't!

You post a thread concerning death and show your value of human life. I take offense at that, sorry but whether you posted it or Martin or Joe or Lisa or JJ or whoever posted it, I would still react in the same way.

If you looked back through the forum's history, you might see that I've been on the end of a butt kicking from the mod staff for reacting in the same manner concerning the threads of nudey pics or semi clad celebs wearing watches. In one case particulary I admit I was lucky to escape without infraction points or much worse.

How do you know I haven't reported the other threads concerning nudity?

This is yet another time you've whined about double standards. Fair play, a group of core friends have the odd joke and comment about each other and I guess this can be taken as rude but not one of these members to my knowledge has posted stuff considered against forum rules. I try to stay within forum rules, the time I don't and get busted then that's cool. I would have no complaint.

Following on from that I would make a crack about sticking things down people's throat but I would hate to upset those who would consider it in poor taste.

As I've said, I don't have a problem with the source. I don't really have a problem with the content of the thread, I just think it gives yet more reason for the the female members here to feel a little more isolated from the main group. Your wife is an attractive women and I'm happy for you. Would I post pictures of my wife semi nude for a bunch of guys I hardly know to drool over? No! That's my logic. Maybe it's "cultural"?

Jim
Jim, buddy, I value human life - don't take the 'other' thread for its face value. In the 'watch out' section it is often stated how the scammers are despised and that we would like to give them a good a$$kickin'. Am I glad those people were killed? Of course not - they have families, I am sure, and this must feel awful for them. I didn't mean for it to come across like 'boy, I am glad those people were killed'. Having said that, many much less-deserving people die daily before their time.

As far as some of your comments, while they may come across offensive to those on the 'outside' of your circle, people don't generally comment, as most choose to employ the 'move on' tactic.

You say you don't want to isolate the female members of this forum - and neither do I. But again - you and your 'clique' often take over threads with inside jokes (which, as I mentioned, can be perceived in many different fashions). Do you realize that you isolate the rest of the forum by doing that? But again, noone complains, as nobody liked getting ganged up on.

Finally - believe it or not, the 'artistic merit' is the major reason for the post. You can read it as you like, I cannot attempt to change your mind, but it is true. Just look around - most TV, magazine, billboard ads feature attractive women - it is just how things are.

Respectfully,
Greg