The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Picture & Video Gallery

Old 1 April 2009, 03:42 AM   #61
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
Thank the Lord for that....

Somewhere in Auckland poor Zemina is balancing on a step ladder, readying her camera as her semi naked husband poses on bed linen wearing nought but his platty....

J
OMG - LMAO
Old 1 April 2009, 03:43 AM   #62
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
I'm afraid if I had MY wife pose with my watches like that, you would all be attending my funeral...

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 03:58 AM   #63
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Jim, buddy, I value human life - don't take the 'other' thread for its face value. In the 'watch out' section it is often stated how the scammers are despised and that we would like to give them a good a$$kickin'. Am I glad those people were killed? Of course not - they have families, I am sure, and this must feel awful for them. I didn't mean for it to come across like 'boy, I am glad those people were killed'. Having said that, many much less-deserving people die daily before their time.

As far as some of your comments, while they may come across offensive to those on the 'outside' of your circle, people don't generally comment, as most choose to employ the 'move on' tactic.

You say you don't want to isolate the female members of this forum - and neither do I. But again - you and your 'clique' often take over threads with inside jokes (which, as I mentioned, can be perceived in many different fashions). Do you realize that you isolate the rest of the forum by doing that? But again, noone complains, as nobody liked getting ganged up on.

Finally - believe it or not, the 'artistic merit' is the major reason for the post. You can read it as you like, I cannot attempt to change your mind, but it is true. Just look around - most TV, magazine, billboard ads feature attractive women - it is just how things are.

Respectfully,
Greg
Greg, I really think you have missed my point - and JJ is trying to remind you of it as well - it's not that the pictures were distasteful. Yes, it could just as well be a photo for a cosmetics ad in a women's magazine. My point is that the subject is your wife. I've offered my opinion about it from a wife's perspective. I pointed out that some people will be leering at the pictures rather than appreciating the artistic merit, which I doubt was your intent when you posted them. If you could, wouldn't you want to protect her from that?
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 03:59 AM   #64
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Jim, buddy, I value human life - don't take the 'other' thread for its face value. In the 'watch out' section it is often stated how the scammers are despised and that we would like to give them a good a$$kickin'. Am I glad those people were killed? Of course not - they have families, I am sure, and this must feel awful for them. I didn't mean for it to come across like 'boy, I am glad those people were killed'. Having said that, many much less-deserving people die daily before their time.

As far as some of your comments, while they may come across offensive to those on the 'outside' of your circle, people don't generally comment, as most choose to employ the 'move on' tactic.

You say you don't want to isolate the female members of this forum - and neither do I. But again - you and your 'clique' often take over threads with inside jokes (which, as I mentioned, can be perceived in many different fashions). Do you realize that you isolate the rest of the forum by doing that? But again, noone complains, as nobody liked getting ganged up on.

Finally - believe it or not, the 'artistic merit' is the major reason for the post. You can read it as you like, I cannot attempt to change your mind, but it is true. Just look around - most TV, magazine, billboard ads feature attractive women - it is just how things are.

Respectfully,
Greg
Greg

I'm truly sorry if other members or yourself feel that way. You have often been included and participate in many of the jokes threads in the open discussion forum. I wasn't aware you were being left out but then I wasn't aware of any real clique. I post and goof with Joe, Lisa, Caroline, Jim, Paul, Frans and Martin mostly because I feel they share the same sense of humour however there are many other members here who I also consider true friends...JJ for example being one of them amongst many many others. I am sure there are many others here that would love to see me get bounced out but I cannot please everybody.
I personally don't see any picking on anybody, that was the sole reason that David, Lisa and I were lucky to escape without bans last year so we would hardly want to repeat the incident.
That is not to say that I wouldn't want to watch somebody's back. Lisa is a good friend and I respect her immensely. If she has an opinion I agree with, I am hardly going to watch her take flak without trying to reinforce her and my own opinion.
With regards to that and the humour used how do you know that the mods or other highly respected members don't give us a nudge in pm to say we're getting close to overstepping the mark?
Concerning the artisitic merit, if you see it that way then fair enough.
I'll be totally honest with you now.
I had concerns that;
1. It came across as a "trophy wife" thing.
2. It's unsettling to think that men would be using this image of your wife in an entirely different manner to the reasons behind posting it.
3. It has the potential to objectify women.

Those was the reasons, it had nothing to do with you personally and it still doesn't.

Life is far too short....and precious!

Jim
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 04:02 AM   #65
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Greg, I really think you have missed my point - and JJ is trying to remind you of it as well - it's not that the pictures were distasteful. Yes, it could just as well be a photo for a cosmetics ad in a women's magazine. My point is that the subject is your wife. I've offered my opinion about it from a wife's perspective. I pointed out that some people will be leering at the pictures rather than appreciating the artistic merit, which I doubt was your intent when you posted them. If you could, wouldn't you want to protect her from that?
Dear Lisa,

Why do you doubt my intentions? Have I given you a reason to believe that what I say should be taken with the grain of salt? NO. We aren't some weird exhibitionist couple that likes to be watched.

If I posted these without her knowledge, it would be a different story, but she is aware of the possible 'ogler'. I love my wife dearly, but this does not negate that at all, in my opinion.

Lisa, thanks for caring, and I mean that.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 1 April 2009, 04:13 AM   #66
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Fair enough, Greg. We can agree to disagree. I appreciate all of the thoughtful comments and range of perspectives that came about in this thread - it is a topic worthy of discussion.

That said, Dan Pierce has kindly reminded me that I need to get back to the hobby shop and pick up the poster-sized print I had made of his skinned up tushie....
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 04:14 AM   #67
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Fair enough, Greg. We can agree to disagree. I appreciate all of the thoughtful comments and range of perspectives that came about in this thread - it is a topic worthy of discussion.

That said, Dan Pierce has kindly reminded me that I need to get back to the hobby shop and pick up the poster-sized print I had made of his skinned up tushie....
Will you please post it for all to see?

Old 1 April 2009, 04:25 AM   #68
mfer
"TRF" Member

This is crazy people.
Not everyone is like you.

To quote Larry (Tools).
"Chill, it's just a watch forum"
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 04:27 AM   #69
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
OMG - LMAO
You find that funny, uh ya tosser?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 04:29 AM   #70
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post

This is crazy people.
Not everyone is like you.

To quote Larry (Tools).
"Chill, it's just a watch forum"
x2!!

I would assume that Greg is adult enough to understand the repercussions of his actions. He could have just as easily posted this to flicker and everyone would have access to it. I use this forum for information and entertainment, and if I don't like a thread, I just move on. It's like people who get fussy at TV shows. If you don't like it, skip it or ignore it, don't b#tch about it. That's why we have options, and lots of them. Over 150 channels and even then sometimes I can't find anything worth watching.
Freedom of speech.
diablojota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 04:55 AM   #71
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
You find that funny, uh ya tosser?
Yep!!!
Old 1 April 2009, 04:58 AM   #72
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
I better receive copyright points on that!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 06:41 AM   #73
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
Here are my thoughts on the matter...

Every female is someone's daughter, sister, mother or wife. So when you see a picture of a girl or woman, keep that in mind. With that said, if Greg's wife approved the photos to be taken and she approved it being posted, than I don't see an issue.

As for objectifying females, this is part of society. I deal with it in my office and I see it in threads on here. Women objectify males as well. Remember those photos of the male member who was a model on here and his shirtless photos?

I will be first to admit that I like to see pictures of women be it fully clothed, partially nude or fully nude. I also look at the photos in the artistic standpoint as well, maybe that's because I'm a photographer as well.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 07:56 AM   #74
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablojota View Post
x2!!

I would assume that Greg is adult enough to understand the repercussions of his actions. He could have just as easily posted this to flicker and everyone would have access to it. I use this forum for information and entertainment, and if I don't like a thread, I just move on. It's like people who get fussy at TV shows. If you don't like it, skip it or ignore it, don't b#tch about it. That's why we have options, and lots of them. Over 150 channels and even then sometimes I can't find anything worth watching.
Freedom of speech.
Frank - we are, indeed adult enough - that is why I didn't think this thread to be a big deal, but was proven otherwise. I have to agree here - if you don't like something - move on!

Old 1 April 2009, 07:58 AM   #75
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
Here are my thoughts on the matter...

Every female is someone's daughter, sister, mother or wife. So when you see a picture of a girl or woman, keep that in mind. With that said, if Greg's wife approved the photos to be taken and she approved it being posted, than I don't see an issue.

As for objectifying females, this is part of society. I deal with it in my office and I see it in threads on here. Women objectify males as well. Remember those photos of the male member who was a model on here and his shirtless photos?

I will be first to admit that I like to see pictures of women be it fully clothed, partially nude or fully nude. I also look at the photos in the artistic standpoint as well, maybe that's because I'm a photographer as well.
The argument was brought up that there is no way AT ALL that there can be any artistic merit here, and I don't see why that is so hard to believe. I absolutely adore the woman form, I think it is one of the most beautiful of G-d's creations, so why not capture it?

Old 1 April 2009, 08:04 AM   #76
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
Quote:
The argument was brought up that there is no way AT ALL that there can be any artistic merit here, and I don't see why that is so hard to believe. I absolutely adore the woman form, I think it is one of the most beautiful of G-d's creations, so why not capture it?
North American culture is still very Puritan. The society makes so much of a big deal about nudity and sex that it created a culture that is obsessed with it.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 08:09 AM   #77
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
North American culture is still very Puritan. The society makes so much of a big deal about nudity and sex that it created a culture that is obsessed with it.
I agree, but one of the initial objections came from a UK member... Didn't expect that, to be honest...

Old 1 April 2009, 08:49 AM   #78
chenx15
"TRF" Member

Greg! you always find yourself getting into this. stop posting and start selling those damn beautiful watches of yours!
17/18 of the last GS finals, 237 consecutive weeks #1
5 consecutive wimbledon + 1 = 6 cups
5 consecutive US open
4 Australian open
1 Sweet french open
a crown for every achievement
The Greatest Of All Time loves Rolex
chenx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 08:50 AM   #79
chenx15
"TRF" Member

In Greg's defense. he was not the first one to post photos like this.
5 consecutive US open
4 Australian open
1 Sweet french open
Old 1 April 2009, 08:50 AM   #80
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
Greg! you always find yourself getting into this. stop posting and start selling those damn beautiful watches of yours!
LOL! I do seem to attract negative attention, wonder why...

Old 1 April 2009, 08:51 AM   #81
chenx15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL! I do seem to attract negative attention, wonder why...
where was the pure Linen shot i was asking for???
5 consecutive US open
4 Australian open
1 Sweet french open
Old 1 April 2009, 08:52 AM   #82
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
where was the pure Linen shot i was asking for???
Can't post it now - what if some forum members prefer fleece?! Don't want to offend anyone

Old 1 April 2009, 08:54 AM   #83
chenx15
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can't post it now - what if some forum members prefer fleece?! Don't want to offend anyone
you are one crazy bugger!
5 consecutive US open
4 Australian open
1 Sweet french open
Old 1 April 2009, 08:54 AM   #84
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, that's what my parole officer says....

Old 1 April 2009, 09:52 AM   #85
txbikerdude

Quote:

hey now i feel left out, i havent been offended yet... :)
txbikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 09:57 AM   #86
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbikerdude View Post
hey now i feel left out, i havent been offended yet... :)
Refer to the 'yo mama' thread... I simply don't have it in me....

/this space is reserved for Jim's inevitable 'things in people' joke, which will not offend anyone/

Old 1 April 2009, 09:59 AM   #87
txbikerdude

Quote:
Refer to the 'yo mama' thread... I simply don't have it in me....

/this space is reserved for Jim's inevitable 'things in people' joke, which will not offend anyone/

ok that was just uncalled for. why are you here? just to flame people and post pointless threads? come on guy, do you even own a rolex..? just kidding my friend... you gotta friend down here in the big state of texas!!
txbikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 10:03 AM   #88
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Quote:

Respectfully,
Greg

I nominate Greg Mosco to be a Forum Moderator.
I know this is going to piss off a lot of people here but the above comments are true. I feel the same way Greg. The only place I disagree is that I don't care if I get ganged up on because like Tools says, its just a watch forum.

There ARE Double standard here. I know that some of you people don't like me and never will but guess what? I dont care at all. I like some of the people here a lot and that's all that matters. I like this forum a lot and if thats not good enough then I will leave.

Btw I like the pictures of your wife Greg. I think they are terrific and tasteful.

ps. I said this before,
A Rolex is Just a watch, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2009, 10:07 AM   #89
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbikerdude View Post
ok that was just uncalled for. why are you here? just to flame people and post pointless threads? come on guy, do you even own a rolex..? just kidding my friend... you gotta friend down here in the big state of texas!!
Pssst... I don't own one, but my wife has a men's YM....

And you have a friend in Ohio as well! We're round on the ends and 'HI' in the middle - how bad can it be?

Old 1 April 2009, 10:11 AM   #90
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post

I nominate Greg Mosco to be a Forum Moderator.
I know this is going to piss off a lot of people here but the above comments are true. I feel the same way Greg. The only place I disagree is that I don't care if I get ganged up on because like Tools says, its just a watch forum.

There ARE Double standard here. I know that some of you people don't like me and never will but guess what? I dont care at all. I like some of the people here a lot and that's all that matters. I like this forum a lot and if thats not good enough then I will leave.

Btw I like the pictures of your wife Greg. I think they are terrific and tasteful.

ps. I said this before,
A Rolex is Just a watch, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
:wors hip:

Bruno, Thank You!

As far as the getting 'ganged up' on comment - it is not that I fear it, I just don't want the hassle.

I guess this is just like any community - some people you get along with, some you don't...Some you agree with, and some, well, try to MAKE you agree with them. What can you do?